Ranking the Performances: The Virgin Tour

anel_

So now that we have finishes “ranking the tracks” let’s start the next series of ranks and rank the performances in each tour from least to most favourite. 

The virgin tour was a pretty chilled show which was only about an hour and a half and introduced the world to a Madonna show. Tbh I think it’s one of her best stages. The stairs on each side and in the middle were a very smart idea as it added so much more character to the stage. The set list is pretty good too, i’d have to say dress you up is my favourite performance from this tour. The costumes were funky and so 80s Madonna. Especially the first act outfit she wears. I won’t be adding angel and borderline as most haven’t seen these peformances.

1. Intro/Dress you Up

2. Holiday

3. Into the Groove

4. Everybody

5. Gambler

6. Lucky Star

7. Crazy for You

8. Over & Over

9. Like a Virgin/Billie Jean

10. Material Girl

This is very hard! Excellent tour. The first 5 in my list are so close it's basically a tie.

1. Everybody .. She looks so cute with the boom box. Love her dancing in this.

2. Dress You Up

3. Gambler

4. Lucky Star

5. Over and Over

6. Into The Groove

7. Holiday

8. Material Girl

9. Like A Virgin

10. Crazy For You ..  ballad and she's sitting.. not my cup o' tea.

Over all, this was a great introductory tour.  Not many artists who are just starting out can pull out the arsenal of tricks that she did; honestly, some pros can't even put up this sort of caliber.  What I'm saying is 'The Virgin Tour' was kick-ass!  So, ranking the performances:  

10.  Lucky Star:  even though I love the song, somehow this performance of it is kind of forgettable

09.  Crazy For You:  endearing but there's not much to it

08.  Holiday

07.  Material Girl:  though who doesn't love that skit "Do you think that I'm a material girl?  Well, you-are-wrong!"

06.  Intro/Dress You Up

05.  Like A Virgin/Billie Jean

04.  Over & Over:  just love the "over and over and over" refrain in the background especially

03.  Gambler:  who doesn't love this fast pace?

02.  Into The Groove:  I love this song, any true dance performance of it will get high marks from me

01.  Everybody:  her and the boom box, 'nuf said