When Madonna leaked a fake version of American life

emanon

32 minutes ago, poodle said:

It was a huge corrupted or encrypted file, I think. Over 100 megabytes in size which would have taken hours or even days to download at the time.

I don't remember that, I but I do remember a heavy file which took days to download at the time. It was a loop on which she said "What the fuck do you think you're doing" :cute:

OMG those old connections, with your telephone number, so slow. They stopped everytime and you had to start the download all over again.

Like when you had to buy the concert tickets in person. I went to the National Bank to buy the BAT ones.

Those times you still had to find out the lyrics on your own. It was so hard fir me to understand some lines of Supernatural. No to mention Did you do it..

And it was not easy to find those leaked files, at least not for me.

Seems like another world.

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

OMG those old connections, with your telephone number, so slow. They stopped everytime and you had to start the download all over again.

Like when you had to buy the concert tickets in person. I went to the National Bank to buy the BAT ones.

Those times you still had to find out the lyrics on your own. It was so hard fir me to understand some lines of Supernatural. No to mention Did you do it..

And it was not easy to find those leaked files, at least not for me.

Seems like another world.

And every time a download would stop, it was anywhere between 95-98% complete. By the time you could get connected again you'd reach a bandwidth quota for the day. Infuriating. I remember calling a few people I knew on our ISP and asking if they'd mind not being on the internet for about 45 minutes while a 3.5mb RealAudio file attempted to download. Most of the time it would take days and countless attempts for one three minute song to successfully complete. MP3s were a different nightmare. Quality be damned, there wasn't time for that....

32 minutes ago, professormouse said:

I'd only ever vaguely heard about it 'till now.
U notice here 'non digital' recordings don't seem so 'leaky' ?
And are arguably better songs ??
The Portuguese Madonna now ?
Had to run out of Spanish, islands and phrases one time.
The Ray Of Light [whatever they are] demo assembly of the Other songs sounds very Indian to me.
The production trimmed that all over.
American Life ?
Flopped has been used to describe Madonna singles b4.
Backfired....that was a new one.
Americans kill millions and use that as a 'video treatment'....ooh there's a hard sell ?

I keep hitting the translate button but it’s not working.