Madame X Tour Songs Expectations

Guest Seduction Surrender

I really think, believe, hope that this tour will be the time Rescue Me can shine! The theme of Madame X does really seem to tie in with the lyrics. What's always funny to me is that RM seems to be this totally forgotten song, but as it is on her best selling album, the majority of her audience will know it.

Even just as an interlude (it better don't be) it would work, all the "with you I'm not a" would make for a great counterpart to all MX's persona's, as if all her disguises falter when it comes to love, aaah

• 2 weeks later...

My predictions: definitely - La Isla Bonita, Music, Like a Prayer.

good chance - Who’s that Girl, Bitch I’m Madonna, Spanish Lesson, Candy Shop, 4 Minutes, Take a Bow, Holiday..  + tracks from Music/American Life.. considering she is working with Mirwais again. 

What should be performed: Spanish Eyes, The Look of Love, Don’t Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Remix), Nothing Really Matters, Rescue Me, The Power Of Goodbye,  Where’s The Party, Get Together, Keep It Together

Guest PâtisseriexEnthusiast
On 3/14/2019 at 3:15 AM, Andymad said:

Yes. THIS. Also, being a political bitch that she is, it is BEYOND me that she hasn’t embraced History. Like, that song breathes everything she’s ever talked about and has SO much meaning to everything wrong with the US president. I don’t know why she doesn’t acknowledge that song

Thank you! The original demo version is easily in my top20 M faves list. I still can't believe it didn't make the final cut on COADF, but average tracks like Push & ILNY did...

On 12/7/2018 at 2:21 PM, wtg1987 said:

At this point i want to hear - Rescue Me, Bad Girl, Words, The Look Of Love and Physical Attraction but i can only dream - i also would love for her to go back to the proper "live Sound" she used on her first 3 tours - ditch Kevin Antunes and have proper drummer, guitarist, back up singers and less of the backing tracks and showy visuals (Not gonna happen though :(  )

Great selections!

On 3/14/2019 at 2:00 PM, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

Yes, but not as tour opener. I hate it when tours are being opened by songs that are not from the supporting album.

Anyway, Rescue Me really should have been performed at The Girlie Show. That tour's setlist was too short and very boring honestly. It could have worked very well in the sailor section instead of I'm Going Bananas. 

For me, I think it would have worked right after Justify My Love.

I want that song for the Madame X Tour, but not as an opener.

• madgefan changed the title to Madame X Tour Songs Expectations
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned, pinned and unpinned this topic