Like a Prayer - 30th Anniversary on Spotify (OMG)

Régine Filange

Ah, this was such pleasant surprise to wake up to! Yeah, most of us already owned the remixes but I love how they're finally paying attention to fan requests, first revamping her YouTube page and now this. Ready for the new era :hearteyes::heart:.

3 hours ago, sidney78a said:

if you guys are still looking for a remastered version https://madonnamdnablog.blogspot.com/2014/03/lap25-like-prayer-25th-anniversary-pack.html?showComment=1553201381424#c1025399973216444251 the links are dead, but I guess someone here still has these - they did a nice job tho - I hope they re-upload if they get a good amount of requests :kiss2:

I re-posted the file just for you :kissy:.

1 hour ago, Karma said:

Ah, this was such pleasant surprise to wake up to! Yeah, most of us already owned the remixes but I love how they're finally paying attention to fan requests, first revamping her YouTube page and now this. Ready for the new era :hearteyes::heart:.

I re-posted the file just for you :kissy:.

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH @Karma:hearteyes:

Well, I'm glad we got the remixes on Spotify (and Supernatural, yay!) but this is simply not enough. We got "something" but it feels like nothing.

Even if there was no physical edition of the release (God forbid her/them/whoever is in charge pleasing her fans), this has just been poorly handled. Like a Prayer is probably her most iconic song, literally. Like, I'm yet to find one person who hasn't listened to it and/or doesn't like it. In album terms, let's remember Rolling Stone writing that this is the closest that pop music has been to art itself. And yet we got this sloppy mess. Two songs missing and a doubious-taste artwork to wrap it up. I'm not even asking for unreleased tracks (we all know that ain't happening) but was a proper expanded edition too much to ask for?

This feels as if your mother just baked a beautiful cake for your birthday and, right before giving it to you, she smashes it on the floor and then says "eat it".

If you're happy with it, fine, but I ain't.

U should be buying her various facial implements and cremes that are her Current money spinner.....I mean 'muse'.
Not salivating over 'box-sets' that won't ever happen 'officially'.
Are you trying to say that Most actually prefer her Music and have a lot to spend on this devotion ?
Someone has told her that trading on her fame is also profitable, now Who could that be ??

Like A Prayer had better Songs, it's that simple.
Aimed at record players so...you have to go out and make the effort to buy it.
Just A Thought.

9 hours ago, valonqar said:

Christopher Lyons did a great job even get some recognise from Liz.

Lookbook%E2%80%94Parallel_E2.jpg?format=

Lookbook%E2%80%94Parallel_15.1.jpg?forma

Sorry... For me it's absolutely ugly.... The wood... The frame around Herb Rits cropped pictures... The effects and the bad taste with Mom and baby M pictures...

Far away from the design of this album.

But what do they do with original tapes... It doesn't cost a lot no digitalise them again from original digital tape masters to get a better sound and selling them in HD.

I don't understand Warner Music...

37 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

Sorry... For me it's absolutely ugly.... The wood... The frame around Herb Rits cropped pictures... The effects and the bad taste with Mom and baby M pictures...

Far away from the design of this album.

But what do they do with original tapes... It doesn't cost a lot no digitalise them again from original digital tape masters to get a better sound and selling them in HD.

I don't understand Warner Music...

The frames.....coz' they are 'art'....geddit ?
The wooden box is strange too as for a 'collectable' box-set thing I thought the full photo [of the cover] would be the sets 'cover' ??
It's just there to look like some effort went into it's construction.

I'd of stuck all the 12'' etc as extra trax on a crucifix flash-drive myself.
Then you could wear it too !