Like a Prayer - 30th Anniversary on Spotify (OMG)

Régine Filange

On 3/21/2019 at 12:22 PM, Enrico said:

So you're not counting TRUE COLORS? Come on!

Are we talking about the first woman to win a Tony Award for best composer of a musical?

Let's just admit that other artists and their management care more about music releases...

We should only pray that Madonna and Warner decide to do similar things...

R-5552289-1396353111-3156.jpeg.jpg

Looks like a happy meal :seeno: 

i cant confirm whether its remastered or not but the files that are avail on the regular LAP on spotify are the same file on this 30th.  It even includes the same number of listens on both files ie: love song has the same number of listens on 30th 1mm+ as on the original while the new versions Oh Father currently show up as <1000 listens since they are new to the database.

Guest PâtisseriexEnthusiast
2 hours ago, 12inch said:

I wonder why people hate this song so much.

Honestly, I wouldn't trust any person who doesn't appreciate "Promise To Try"... :Madonna004:

I can't at people shading Cyndi. Who cares if she does milk that album. Madonna should do it too. Maybe Madonna doesn't need that money, but Madonna does need promo for her old stuff. Girls Just Want To Have Fun has more views on YT than any Madonna classic.

I think She's So Unusual anniversary edition was cute with those stickers or whatever. More importantly, there were unreleased songs as bonus material. Cyndi did the right thing, Madonna didn't.

By paying the proper attention to a 30th anniversary release of LAP, she could have brought great promo to herself... not just to bump up sales for a classic album, thus keeping die-hard fans very happy, but its a great way to raise awareness of her work, thus paving the way to garner more attention and publicity for the new album release. A missed opportunity

Just now, PWCCA said:

By paying the proper attention to a 30th anniversary release of LAP, she could have brought great promo to herself... not just to bump up sales for a classic album, thus keeping die-hard fans very happy, but its a great way to raise awareness of her work, thus paving the way to garner more attention and publicity for the new album release. A missed opportunity

She changed her profile photo to the like a Prayer single cover photo. That’s HUGE for Madonna to change her profile pic since she doesn’t change it.

15 hours ago, luckystar said:

I can't at people shading Cyndi. Who cares if she does milk that album. Madonna should do it too. Maybe Madonna doesn't need that money, but Madonna does need promo for her old stuff. Girls Just Want To Have Fun has more views on YT than any Madonna classic.

I think She's So Unusual anniversary edition was cute with those stickers or whatever. More importantly, there were unreleased songs as bonus material. Cyndi did the right thing, Madonna didn't.

I agree. I was just laughing at those silly paper dolls but its no sillier than having pieces of stale candy. The tracklist itself is excellent and as Madonna should be doing them!

This "official" release does nothing to help the legacy of this album. The heart of this album is lost with over extended and dated dance mixes and effects. 

If I was not a Madonna fan and heard this as my introduction into this album I would have rolled my eyes and turned it off before the end of Express Yourself. It would not be something that made me want to explore further. 

As a fan... there's nothing of substance here. This Cherish Extended is horrendous. The abrupt intro right before the second verse sounds like a Celebration Album gift. 

So who exactly is this for? :OML:

A simple blue ray of the 5 videos would have been an epic acknowledgment. 

A reissue on Cassette, CD, and Vinyl with patchouli scent perhaps. 

Bjork just reissued ALL of her albums on colored Cassettes for NO FUCKING REASON. 

:Madonna008: