Like a Prayer - 30th Anniversary on Spotify (OMG)

Régine Filange

so yep this is a super, weird, lazy release - think were all on the same page there.

On the other hand, I now have access to mixes on Spotify which ive been wanting for ages.

• The only version of Express Yourself I've always loved listing to is this non-stop Express mix which is basically the MTV VMA 89/Blond Ambition version and her vocals are so clean on this specific mix.  I think there are maybe 10 mixes for me that are essential must-have Madonna mixes and this is one of them. 
  • Also love the Keep It Together 12" included as well - aside from being the BAT version, its another one that just kick it up a notch without going crazy on the mixing. 
  • Cherish extended - is fine - I think the ending "give me faith, give me joy" is strongest on this version.
  • Supernatural - good to start seeing these b-sides on Spotify.

2 hours ago, pourhomme80 said:

The only version of Express Yourself I've always loved listing to is this non-stop Express mix which is basically the MTV VMA 89/Blond Ambition version and her vocals are so clean on this specific mix.  I think there are maybe 10 mixes for me that are essential must-have Madonna mixes and this is one of them. 

Isn't there a version similar to this one that doesn't have this gated effect on her vocal? Where it sounds like someone covering and then uncovering their mouth while singing?

53 minutes ago, 12inch said:

Why ?

The sustained strings, the piano, and the synthesized strings riff ... One of them or two of them are in a different key and it's not musically correct. Like when DJs back in the day would mix two songs together in different keys and it sounds horrible for the 20 second transition. (see You Can Dance)

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

The sustained strings, the piano, and the synthesized strings riff ... One of them or two of them are in a different key and it's not musically correct. Like when DJs back in the day would mix two songs together in different keys and it sounds horrible for the 20 second transition. (see You Can Dance)

Is the original KIT Shep Remix like that or is it just this re-release?

Also... I just noticed another anamoly ? Physical Attraction on YCD on YT music uses the original album version. So it doesn’t actually mix in with the other songs ?‍♂️

Why couldn’t they just rip and upload the albums from their CD’s as they were originally released? Don’t people want to hear the original albums as they were intended to be heard?

12 minutes ago, THE ROSE MIST said:

Also... I just noticed another anamoly ? Physical Attraction on YCD on YT music uses the original album version. So it doesn’t actually mix in with the other songs ?‍♂️

Why couldn’t they just rip and upload the albums from their CD’s as they were originally released? Don’t people want to hear the original albums as they were intended to be heard?

Yeah. Apple Music uses wrong mixes for   Borderline and Lucky Star in the Immaculate Collection. So annoying.

10 hours ago, Celebration said:

Well, Bananarama did the same thing with their first six albums a few months ago, so maybe Björk felt inspired.

Cassettes are very hot right now, for some strange reason.

Björk was totally inspired by Bananarama ???

Cassettes are cute little collectors items at the moment, I love that Bjork has done that but it’s only really diehard fans that will want that as I don’t think people are seriously playing cassettes like they are vinyl

On 3/24/2019 at 8:48 PM, RUADJAI said:

Isn't there a version similar to this one that doesn't have this gated effect on her vocal? Where it sounds like someone covering and then uncovering their mouth while singing?

are you thinking of a not too similar but not far off version called the shep re-spressin' himself mix?