Madonna will be key this season on “POSE” tv show.

Jj Enrique

4 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

Just started season one, spotted Jose early on. 

Isn’t it a great show! I’m so happy they will draw Madonna’s music in. I don’t see them making her out to be evil, possibly a bit of a bitch, but hey- all queens can be bitches! Look at season one, we never hate anyone no matter how bitchy they get??

4 hours ago, deathproof said:

It doesn’t seem like the case for this show. 

Why so negative? All the queens on that show are bitchy at times, but we end up loving them all. Queens are bitches, it’s part of Queen DNA??

I don’t see this show casting her as evil, but maybe just as a bitch like the rest of them at times. 

2 hours ago, Jj Enrique said:

Why so negative? All the queens on that show are bitchy at times, but we end up loving them all. Queens are bitches, it’s part of Queen DNA??

I don’t see this show casting her as evil, but maybe just as a bitch like the rest of them at times. 

Because she’s a straight white woman that appropriated something from gay black culture. 

I’m not calling Madonna ignorant. I’m not calling her a thief, or anything else.

But sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

Madonna never claimed she invented the dance. But not everyone knows that, and not all were happy that it reached the mainstream thanks to a white woman.

22 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Because she’s a straight white woman that appropriated something from gay black culture. 

I’m not calling Madonna ignorant. I’m not calling her a thief, or anything else.

Madonna never claimed she invented the dance. But not everyone knows that, and not all were happy that it reached the mainstream thanks to a white woman.

This is their problem. Madonna took inspiration by a dance style and she used it at her tours. People in 2019 know about voguing cause of her, even most of those who drag her (the same people who think MJ invented moonwalking lmao).

I don't know anything about the show but is there really any indication that she'll be portrayed in a negative light? Ryan Murphy seems to love her and talk to her about the show https://www.wmagazine.com/story/pose-season-two-ryan-murphy-madonna

So I really don't see where people are getting the negative aspect. 

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

I think it would be a different story if she took the dance and ignored where it came from. Instead, she not only collaborated with queens from the ballroom scene but featured them in the video and her tour, not to mention "In Bed With Madonna". 

As for the show, I watched it last year and loved it - it is a bit "speechy" at times but it's really worth checking out. Having "Vogue" featured makes perfect sense and I sincerely doubt they would try and put negative spin on it - Ryan Murphy talked about Madonna's involvement last summer and was very positive. :)

There's no way they could portray M in a negative light if they want to use 'Vogue' in the series, however if the use a similar sounding track...that's a different story

PS: and she didn't appropriate the dance since she had members of the NYC ballroom scene in her entourage and they even got MTV-VMA nominations for their choreography.

11 hours ago, deathproof said:

She also supported Paris is Burning, which helped that movie a lot. She also told plenty of the press what Vogueing was, where it came from and featured dancers from the House of Xtravaganza. This at a time when celebs were running as fast as they could from anything gay.

And plenty were very happy it reached the mainstream. No one owns Vogueing. It belongs to the people, so no one gets to decide where it goes. 

I get what you are saying, but I disagree

16 hours ago, Jj Enrique said:

Isn’t it a great show! I’m so happy they will draw Madonna’s music in. I don’t see them making her out to be evil, possibly a bit of a bitch, but hey- all queens can be bitches! Look at season one, we never hate anyone no matter how bitchy they get??

I'm really enjoying it, up to episode 4 I think. A lot of the scenes are reminiscent of 'Paris is Burning' then I saw in the credits the Jenny Livingston is one of the produces/executives. I'll be interested to see how they incorporate Madonna into the storyline. Maybe it will be some characters complaining saying she's made voguing mainstream and others saying it's good to be recognised and part of popular culture worldwide. We shall see...

1 hour ago, kesiak said:

I'm sorry but there is absolutely NO indication that Madonna would portrayed in a negative way. Like, AT ALL. This is a perfect example of M's fanbase inventing something that hasn't happened yet and preemptively going into meltdown as a result :smile:.

Well it happens so often I can understand why people are a bit scared. Most people in person even say negotiate stuff about her these days even when she is mentioned.