Rebel Heart.... please explain

Sultrysully

Help me understand one thing.   ....All of the bitches obsessing about the mixing of Rebel Heart.... when every one of them was on the net illegally downloading the material months and months early.  M and her team had to stop the bleeding.  For fucks sake... what was she supposed to do?  Really?  Tell me?  I'm waiting....  

Calling people with valid complaints "bitches" is really gross. I understand mixing issues with the first 6 tracks, but the other 18? Yep, maybe it's the way modern music is produced, but I never heard such issues with Ariana Grande's music. Or most other generic tracks on Spotify. You just have to listen to the clarity of "Bedtime Stories" to notice the differences. Or even "American Life" of "Confessions..." I gotta be honest, many issues came from Madonna's one-take vocals. An example of this is "Inside Out", one of my favorites. Very very sleek instrumental, ruined only by Madonna's rough vocal. There's even a demo artifact in the middle-8, when she goes "I wanna love you from the inside out" in that whispery tone, you get like a rouch crunch fading to silence, which you can recognize from the demo instrumental.  Believe it or not, that's literally coming from her headphones amplified via a compressor. You know what a simple fix would've been? A damn re-recording of the vocals, that's what! And that's only one example.

Also, acting like a Madonna fan could resist any type of leak is... rich. What are we supposed to do, play dead and not listen to the Holy Testament? Even if it's one of the lesser chapters.

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

All the mixing in the world was not going to save the awful tracks - holy water , BIM , sex - you can’t polish a turd ?

Stop hating on Holy Water. That song is iconic. I will not take any slander for this gem. That and S.E.X. are some of the most well-produced tracks on the album. There isn't anything like that in her discography.

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

All the mixing in the world was not going to save the awful tracks - holy water , BIM , sex - you can’t polish a turd ?

Someone who thinks songs where Madonna dedicated effort and precious time are turds can't be fans anymore. Maybe there should be an 80's Madonna forum or one which only talks her life and career up to 1998. Just saying.

:01:

Nothing personal by the way.

Telling people that any 'dissension in the ranks, my little ankle biters' is proof of anything reminds me of A REAL BOWIE FAN I once unfortunately met in person.
She does do the occasional clunker, she's human too.
THAT non-song is a call to arms for all her post '98 worshippers, just sayin....

Another day, another storm in a bra-cup, conical naturally.

First of all this thread is funny. You guys are hilarious. @professormouseI understand you sometimes and then that last post... I have no fucking idea what language that is...?

But since no one is answering the question posed by the OP, I will. 

What was she supposed to do?

FINISH THE ALBUM PROPERLY

First, just because there were leaks doesn't mean she had to skip mixing and mastering the album. 

And having a shitty demo out in the world doesn't change the amazingness of a finished product. Just ask the song Everybody... Or Beat Goes On.

At the end of the day, it's not recorded or mixed amazingly. It has nothing to do with "hackers" . As someone else pointed out, the album still didn't release for a few months after the leaks. Plenty of time to fix all of the issues the album has. Some are very simple fixes. And things that ANY producer would catch on a FIRST LISTEN. 

And the mixing issues, I think, are part laziness and part a misinformed idea of how music should sound. 

Producers are mixing for loudness and for "shitty" speakers. Because the majority of people are listening on little ear buds which don't reproduce deep bass sounds very well or at all. Bjork tackled this in 2001 with her album Vespertine. Although her album is still mixed to perfection. 

Even one of my favs mixes way too loud sometimes. iamamiwhoami. Some of their songs comes across way too harsh. Someone who gets it right tho is this chick Billy Eilish. That's how to fucking mix an album. I haven't listened on proper headphones yet, but her album sounds AMAZING on my little shitty airpods. 

IMHO Madonna should have Mirwais remix Rebel Heart or release the STEMS so we can. It deserves better than what it got.

Use the Translator !
Irrespective of what listening medium you favour...there is people saying that Madge compositions are like full of 'holes'.
Faults they say, hence all the 'are we among hit producers'...and don't know it....comments.
Not actually liking one of them is unbelievable to some too.
Comprende ?