Ghosttown - Single Thread

groovyguy

US & French @Madonna fans get #Ghosttown Remixes EP now!

French iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/fr/album/ghosttown-remixes/id992913319

USA iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ghosttown-remixes/id993057771

The EP will be available worldwide tomorrow.

#Ghosttown Remixes up to #52 on iTunes France

http://www.inquisitr.com/2079286/madonna-set-to-make-music-chart-history-sorry-taylor-swift/

Madonna’s latest single may have an audience the size of a ghost town in terms of pop music audiences, but the world’s favorite rebel heart doesn’t need to drown in any sorrows. “Ghosttown†is set to break a major chart record. In February, Billboard revealed that Madonna had tied a major record.“Madonna makes Billboard chart history, as she earns her 44th No. 1 on Dance Club Songs, where ‘Living for Love’ lifts 2-1. (The ranking, dated March 7, will refresh on Billboard.com on Thursday, Feb. 26.) With the coronation, Madonna equals George Strait, who’s logged 44 No. 1s on Hot Country Songs, for the most leaders ever by an act on a singular Billboard chart. It’s fitting history for the artists also known, respectively, and reverently, as the Queen of Pop and the King of Country.â€Madonna is set to break that tie and take over as the artist with the most No. 1 hits on any Billboard chart in history with the dance remix to “Ghosttown.†Drowned Madonna has a preview of next week’s Dance Club Songs chart, where Madonna moves up from No. 6 to No. 3 and is the greatest gainer on the entire chart. She is expected to hit No. 1 on the following week’s chart. Congratulations, Madonna!Taylor Swift may be the current Queen of Pop, but she still has a long way to go until she ties Madonna in terms of chart performance. Madonna has sold more than 300 million records worldwide. 

Can anyone confirm the names of the two exclusive remixes on TIDAL? The remix names are absent like they do every so often on remix singles!! Grr. Anyway, whoever remixed them, they sound great!!!

The piano one is the A Paul Andrews Reconstruction Mix and the other is RedTop's If I Were A Carpenter Remix. :)

Can anyone confirm the names of the two exclusive remixes on TIDAL? The remix names are absent like they do every so often on remix singles!! Grr. Anyway, whoever remixed them, they sound great!!!

Ghosttown (A Paul Andrews Reconstruction Mix)

Ghosttown (RedTop’s If I Were A Carpenter Remix)

http://listen.tidalhifi.com/track/45213150

Hope somebody rips and shares them soon!

So this Paul Andrews fella is a fan-turned "official" remixer? He seems to have also remixed Lucky Star and Living For Love. The piano sounds lovely. These are actually good remixes, ironic they are hidden on TIDAL.  Is that a Quincy Jones/"Austin Powers" sample in the RedTop mix?

"Dubtronic" and "Luke Savant" must be shitting in their panties that this guy got a break. 

Can someone explain to me how she can get to number 1 on the dance charts and not even make a dent on the Hot 100 ?? It just baffles me ?

DJs are given the remixes for free who then spin them at clubs. Select clubs report how many times a remix was spun and whoever has the most gets to no. 1.

for me it's not flop , i love ghost town , there so manny good music that deserve better that never even chart 

i love loreen and robyn and they even are not that big world wide charts

Loreen and Robyn what? They have big hits around the world, Euphoria for example was huge :ay:

Madonna's last "hit" was 4 Minutes :jamming:

^ Give it to me and Celebration were pretty big hits globallyBoth songs made the year end top 40 biggest hits worldwideAnd GMAYL was a modest hit, top 10 US, GOLD certifies in US almost 2 million singles worldwide soldI honestly don't think that Madonna and most definitely her label aren't really playing the "singles game" anymoreSimilar to Streisand, Springsteen, the Stones, Cher etc.The funny this is is that Madonna was The top selling singles artist in the US for the 2000' s decade according to BillboardAmazing for someone that debuted in 1982!

The obvious correlation would be that HC was part of her Warner set, 4 Minutes is such a crap song but it was Justin-mania. She is still doing well for whatever she is now (indie lol). I am beyond shocked the relatively small role Diplo is playing. Where are the remixes?? He made his rep on the remix/bootleg. They are playing it way too safe. Why arent we hearing the Diplo Mix of Ghosttown featuring a new verse and guitar from Taylor Swift? Because we are reading letters and making sock puppets?Whats LaToya looking for? Relevance? 😉 This is not a hater post, this is just a thought in the universe.

Young Rapunxel both GITM and Celebration did very well WORLDWIDE, they charted lowly on the US Billboard Hot 100, and dropped quickly, but they did really well internationallyGITM abd Celebration both peaked at #7 on the United World Singles Chart and made the year end top 40 biggest hits of the year WORLDWIDE for 2008 and 2009 respectivelyAlthough those 2 songs weren't hits in the US, they both also made it to #1 on the dance club charts4 Mine was MASSIVE worldwide, spending 11 weeks at #1 on the United World Singles Chart and finishing 2008 as the #4 biggest single of the year worldwideIn the US, it finished the year as the #10 biggest selling single of the year despite never making it above #3 on the Hot 100, in fact it sold more than Mariah ' s Touch My Body, despite TMB spending 2 weeks at #1 on the Hot 100TMB nay gave peaked higher but 4M was the biggest hit due to longevity as TMB fell FAST

#Ghosttown EP on iTunes

http://kworb.net/itunes/artist/madonna.html

Ghosttown

#1 Greece
#2 Argentina
#4 Bulgaria
#4 Poland
#7 Finland
#10 Norway
#12 France
#18 Italy
#19 Hong Kong
#19 Taiwan
#22 Spain
#26 Costa Rica
#30 Czech Republic
#35 Germany
#36 Slovakia
#40 Mexico
#40 Russia
#43 Netherlands
#50 Australia
#52 Switzerland
#53 Indonesia
#64 United Kingdom
#67 Colombia
#68 Portugal
#71 United States
#71 New Zealand
#74 Canada
#79 Singapore
#83 Brazil
#83 Philippines
#164 Thailand
#170 Chile
#175 Belgium

http://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2015/05/17/madonna-now-has-charted-45-number-one-singles/

While she may be known as the Queen of Pop, it’s actually on the dance charts where Madonna has seen the most love for her work. With her latest single “Ghosttownâ€, the singer claims her 45th number one on the Dance/Club Songs ranking. That number is an unmatched accomplishment, and it gives her the distinction of having more number one songs on a single chart than any other artist in history. With its rise to the top, Madonna passes by country star George Strait, who previously held that record, thanks to his 44 leaders on the Hot Country Songs chart.“Ghosttown†is the second official single from Madonna’s thirteenth album, Rebel Heart, which debuted at number two earlier this year. The song hasn’t charted on the Hot 100 (the tally that measures songs of all genres, combining sales and radio play), but it only took a few weeks to reach the summit of the dance chart. Madonna has such a massive following by many club-going audiences and dance lovers that almost every single she releases makes its way to the top, even if it doesn’t become well known by the general public.Her number ones span four decades, and her road to this accomplishment began in 1983 with the two-sided “Holidayâ€/“Lucky Starâ€. That release ruled for five weeks, her longest time spent at the top. Years later, her song “Music†would match the time spent at the summit. Singles often work their way up and down the dance charts faster than on the Hot 100, so five weeks is actually a long time for any track to run the show.