rafafroner

The New Album Saga: Part IV - Madame X

15 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

So all you vinyl bitches won’t listen to the vinyl rip and waiting for the CD instead ? What’s that all about then ? I thought CD was inferior to vinyl - I’m waiting for the cassette rip personally 🤣

Vinyl bitches? Gurl, you better grow up :Madonna038:

39 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

Medellín: 8/10

Dark Ballet: 9/10

God Control: 10/10

Future: 9/10

Batuka: 8/10

Killers Who Are Partying: 10/10

Crave: 9/10 

Crazy: 8/10 

Come Alive: 7/10 

Extreme Occident: 10/10 

Faz Gostoso: 9/10 97

Bitch I‘m Loca: 8/10 

I Don’t Search I Find: 9/10

Looking For Mercy: 10/10

I Rise: 7/10

Best Madonna album since American Life! No bad songs at all... 9/10

You don’t seriously think songs American life and I’m So Stupid are “good songs “ 

😫😫😫

9 minutes ago, Madvox said:

Is it true that Madonna is in Brazil to make a video (Faz Gostoso) with Anitta?

She's just posted from her London house so I doubt it.

Also filming in London tomorrow and Friday for GN.

Has anyone heard the songs from the 2-disc set?  Is it confirmed that Back That Up is a rework of the Rebel Heart demo?  I'm hoping it comes in time for Friday, but worst case scenario, I will have a second mini-release listening party when it does show up.

A masterpiece of an album.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! 

So weird, so experimental, yet SO enjoyable! 

The way the music switches and she goes from English, to Portuguese, to Spanish with such ease.

This is Madonna’s weirdest album ever! But it works and it’s cohesive. Definitely her best since Confessions. The tracks they release before don’t really make it justice. I need to listen to it again cuz that was a lot to take in.

but I am SO happy. Omg

Just now, momosfantasy said:

Has anyone heard the songs from the 2-disc set?  Is it confirmed that Back That Up is a rework of the Rebel Heart demo?  I'm hoping it comes in time for Friday, but worst case scenario, I will have a second mini-release listening party when it does show up.

If I'm honest, I totally forgot about the bonus tracks.  That'll be a great surprise later.

Faz Gostoso in HQ is amazing, one of the best of MX. 

The music is highly well-produced, with incredible vocals and a beat that will sound great in clubbing around the world. Unfortunately, right here in the forum, we have xenophobic people (what a surprise) they say they are not, but any song that engages Latinos and their riots, these same people VOMIT their disgusting prejudice. While these people think we do not notice this, we are here repairing those comments with a huge disgust.

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

So all you vinyl bitches won’t listen to the vinyl rip and waiting for the CD instead ? What’s that all about then ? I thought CD was inferior to vinyl - I’m waiting for the cassette rip personally 🤣

It’s a really poor rip that sounds like it came from a cheap player....

k so i'm gonna listen to it like this

MADAME X

1. Medellín
2. Dark Ballet
3. God Control
4. Killers Who Are Partying
5. Extreme Occident
6. Crave
7. Batuka
8. Crazy
9. Faz Gostoso
10. Bitch I'm Loca
11. I Don't Search I Find
12. Looking for Mercy
13. I Rise

22 minutes ago, Luiz Ribeiro said:

The music is highly well-produced, with incredible vocals and a beat that will sound great in clubbing around the world. Unfortunately, right here in the forum, we have xenophobic people (what a surprise) they say they are not, but any song that engages Latinos and their riots, these same people VOMIT their disgusting prejudice. While these people think we do not notice this, we are here repairing those comments with a huge disgust.

Agree 100% 

that song is actually one of the best in the album. The fact she made that song better than the original. That end part when the song goes full Brazil with the samba etc I love it.

if you search the song on Twitter the reaction has been so positive. 

Im glad you pointed out the xenophobia here. It’s so obvious sometimes.

25 minutes ago, Luiz Ribeiro said:

There's also people hating Chinese here, so no surprise. 

mood whatever GIF

Quick rundown of how I am currently rating the tracks. In my honest opinion the worst songs on the album just based on lyrics would be "Dark Ballet" "Batuka" and "Killers". I think a lot of the songs, especially "Come Alive" are very repetitive. I think the album is a little heavy on Latin influence, not that there's anything wrong with Latin influence, it's just a tad overboard. The album is lacking cohesion because we have pop-ish tracks, urban, and Latin. The one song that stands out as totally out of place is "I Don't Search I Find" because it sounds like an EROTICA b side. The album is a grower, it's not typical Madonna pop. It's not as good as CONFESSIONS, so I don't get why some people say it is. I think it's more fun than AMERICAN LIFE but I feel like there is a lot of similarities because when M wrote AMERICAN LIFE she was pissed off at the political environment and worked with Mirwais and with MX she's pissed of at the political environment and she worked with Mirwais.

I've put my biggest gripes in bold

Medellin - 8/10

Dark Ballet - 5/10 Too choppy, should be an interlude, less vocoder and should be longer to allow the song to evolve. Also, the Supreme hoodie lyric is just stupid since not everyone even knows what that is

God Control - 7/10 The first verse is ruined by her singing through (presumably) her grillz or she was drunk. I wish she would stop this because it's not artistic, it just sounds messy and it takes away from the song. 

Future - 9/10

Batuka - 6/10 I don't want to hear about putting old men in jail, although I know who she's talking about - this won't age well

Killers Who Are Partying - 4/10 This would be better if it didn't have all of the "I'll be this or that if they are whatever"

Crave - 8/10

Crazy - 10/10

Come Alive - 9/10

Extreme Occident - 8/10

Faz Gostoso - 7/10

Bitch I'm Loca - 7/10

I Don't Search I Find - 9/10

Looking For Mercy - 8/10

I Rise - 8/10

33 minutes ago, Luiz Ribeiro said:

dana ivey what GIF

9 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

Quick rundown of how I am currently rating the tracks. In my honest opinion the worst songs on the album just based on lyrics would be "Dark Ballet" "Batuka" and "Killers". I think a lot of the songs, especially "Come Alive" are very repetitive. I think the album is a little heavy on Latin influence, not that there's anything wrong with Latin influence, it's just a tad overboard. The one song that stands out as totally out of place is "I Don't Search I Find" because it sounds like an EROTICA b side. The album is a grower, it's not typical pop. It's not as good as CONFESSIONS, so I don't get why some people say it is. I think it's more fun than AMERICAN LIFE but I feel like there is a lot of similarities because when M wrote AMERICAN LIFE she was pissed off at the political environment and worked with Mirwais and with MX she's pissed of at the political environment and she worked with Mirwais.

I've put my biggest gripes in bold

Medellin - 8/10

Dark Ballet - 5/10 Too choppy, should be an interlude, less vocoder and should be longer to allow the song to evolve. Also, the Supreme hoodie lyric is just stupid since not everyone even knows what that is

God Control - 7/10 The first verse is ruined by her singing through (presumably) her grillz or she was drunk. I wish she would stop this because it's not artistic, it just sounds messy and it takes away from the song. 

Future - 9/10

Batuka - 6/10 I don't want to hear about putting old men in jail, although I know who she's talking about - this won't age well

Killers Who Are Partying - 4/10 This would be better if it didn't have all of the "I'll be this or that if they are whatever"

Crave - 8/10

Crazy - 10/10

Come Alive - 9/10

Extreme Occident - 8/10

Faz Gostoso - 7/10

Bitch I'm Loca - 7/10

I Don't Search I Find - 9/10

Looking For Mercy - 8/10

I Rise - 8/10

The mumble in the beginning of "God Control" is a reference to the picture with her sewn lips on the cover of the Standard Edition. Madame X is not that kind of girl you can shut up! It's conceptual and clearly intentional.