rafafroner

The New Album Saga: Part IV - Madame X

1 minute ago, mrsciccone said:

Body shop meets greatest showman and michael jackson

Is this a reply to me? About "Come Alive"? Because wow that sounds fabulous

14 minutes ago, Zaktkoons said:

"Killers Who Are Partying" is the second snippet in this video after Extreme Occident?

Yes the mirwais esque part

mercy is the best with god control very m from rol with strings meets depeche mode looooove it classical m

2 minutes ago, James19709 said:

The autotune ruins the entire album. Its not unlistenable but its hardly worth hearing.

I've been a Madonna fan for 35 years and I've been looking forward to this album for so long now and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed and totally agree that auto tune has been used far to much and spoils it for me. Musically there is some amazing sounds but I find the lyrics dont fit sometimes and are not her best. Constant repeating of the same words over and over again. Maybe in time some of the tracks will grow on me but i dont think it will be a Madonna album that will get much of my attention. Overall a disappointing 4/10 . 

58 minutes ago, Zaktkoons said:

I want to hear about Extreme Occident. The teasers give me life. What does everyone think of this song

One of my favorite and most personal track, perfect mature song. and the last part is in Portuguese, 

3 minutes ago, Emiliano Pérez said:

Will we have the 3 bonus tracks in 37 hours, when the album is out in itunes in New Zealand? Or on Friday? 

I don't know.

I haven't seen the 2 CD deluxe available for purchase in electronic format. I have ordered the box set, the UK 2 disc, 4 copies of the standard (to give away), the Japanese deluxe, the Japanese 2 disc.

Unfortunately I won't have these for at least a week, so I hope that someone uploads them on Friday.

I can't believe I ordered 8 copies of this, lol

11 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

We been knew since ages she was working with Mirwais on the album and still y'all surprised about the autotune :Madonna038:

I think some people thought that she learned her lesson with AMERICAN LIFE. I'm kind of shocked that she worked so closely with Mirwais again on so many tracks after AL being panned.

The autotune ruins the entire album. Its not unlistenable but its hardly worth hearing.
The autotune and voice are is not unnecesary, they are part of the atmosphere of the album

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk

1 hour ago, LindebergBoy said:

I was told they would drop the digital release asap if it leaked early in advance. It's just 2 days until the NZ iTunes is released so they don't bother. No harm is done. They're aware of the leak

Do you know when they plan on releasing the 3rd single and what song it is? And was the drag queen video God Control after all? 😍

3 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

I don't know.

I haven't seen the 2 CD deluxe available for purchase in electronic format. I have ordered the box set, the UK 2 disc, 4 copies of the standard (to give away), the Japanese deluxe, the Japanese 2 disc.

Unfortunately I won't have these for at least a week, so I hope that someone uploads them on Friday.

I can't believe I ordered 8 copies of this, lol

you can pre-order the deluxe album on itunes and listen to it on friday.

2 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

I think some people thought that she learned her lesson with AMERICAN LIFE. I'm kind of shocked that she worked so closely with Mirwais again on so many tracks after AL being panned.

I'm not.  American Life was a fantastic album.  Critics have always panned her.  Thank goodness, she seldom listens.  Madame X is pure fire.  I cannot wait for Friday.

12 minutes ago, Re-InventionUK said:

I've been a Madonna fan for 35 years and I've been looking forward to this album for so long now and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed and totally agree that auto tune has been used far to much and spoils it for me. Musically there is some amazing sounds but I find the lyrics dont fit sometimes and are not her best. Constant repeating of the same words over and over again. Maybe in time some of the tracks will grow on me but i dont think it will be a Madonna album that will get much of my attention. Overall a disappointing 4/10 . 

Sadly you are correct about a lot of the tracks. There is a lot of repetition and no, the lyrics are not her best, but this is the norm when she writes songs with Mirwais because he's not a very good songwriter. As for the auto tune, I wouldn't even call it that because it's not used to correct her voice, it's used to the extreme to warp it. Madonna has a lovely voice and I wish she would have let it shine more.

This is probably the one album I won't be super proud to play at a gathering because a lot of the album is definitely a grower. Don't despair, I've listened to the album about 3 times and I like it better than I did yesterday and also keep in mind that the copy we currently have is watered down as it's not a good copy.

I've heard all the songs by now (except for the 3 bonus tracks) and the production is just amazing. I also love how her voice seems to be different on each song. Madonna is indeed the master of disguise. And I love the autotune and vocoders, I can't get enough of them!

A glorious return to form for Her Madgesty.

2 minutes ago, rebelheart29 said:

you can pre-order the deluxe album on itunes and listen to it on friday.

Yes, but it's not the super deluxe. If you have Apple Music  you don't even have to buy it

3 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I'm not.  American Life was a fantastic album.  Critics have always panned her.  Thank goodness, she seldom listens.  Madame X is pure fire.  I cannot wait for Friday.

AMERICAN LIFE is a good album, but let's be realistic, it's her most hated, and I'm not talking critics. I don't know many people that like anything off of it. 

Why can't you wait for Friday? I assume by your assessment of MX being "fire" that you've already heard it. Are you referring to the sound quality of the official release?