rafafroner

The New Album Saga: Part IV - Madame X

1 hour ago, notbizzre said:

They aren't immediate tracks. You should explain that to your friends. To me this album is a grower, which is better as it will last longer in time. Also, to me it's an album to listen to in the dark, on your bed, with you headphones on.

I explained to these listeners, who are also M fans, that they were experimental and more thought provoking. They basically said that the thoughts they provoked to them was the tracks needed more polishing or should have been cut altogether. There were other things said that I won't repeat.

I think my main problem with them, especially "Batuka" and "Killers" and the beginning of "God Control" is that she's not singing, at all, she's sort of doing a sing-talk and it doesn't work and on "God Control" it's worse because she sounds like she's mumbling or singing with her teeth clenched. With "Dark Ballet" she starts off using her voice, and the sound is pleasing, and then it goes straight on vocoder and speaking. 

She doesn't use her voice as much as she did on REBEL HEART or even MDNA for that matter. There isn't one single track that she truly uses her gift and I just cannot understand it. On RH and MDNA she did several ballads which were beautiful and showcased her talent and she chose to avoid those kinds of tracks in favor of tracks with verses that have no structure and in some cases no melody. I'm not one to say that all music should rhyme, but in the case of the tracks in question the total lack of rhythm makes the non-rhyming lyrics seem to be at odds with each other.

One other thing, and I believe this has been discussed before, "Native Indian" is an embarrassing thing for M to say considering the term "Indian" is derived from explorers not knowing where they were. It's Native American and I'm surprised she didn't know that. I could ALMOST forgive it if she had done it to make the lyric rhyme, but since the track doesn't do that anywhere anyway I don't see the excuse.

I find it interesting that after I listened to the album and then looked at the credits that the 4 songs I just cannot get behind are Mirwais. I don't mind saying that when I heard she was working with him again for an entire album I was a tad nervous because while he's a pretty darn good producer, he's a terrible choice to collaborate with on song writing.

Now, I'm not a hater of the whole album, I quite like the other 11 tracks I have heard, although not many of them are very deep, but they are at least pleasing to my ear.

I know that my blatant honesty about my feelings for these tracks isn't popular with everyone, but remember that we as fans are not obligated to love everything M does. I absolutely adore the woman (to the point that sometimes people say, "why are you playing the Confessions Tour AGAIN? or "let's listen to music, but please no Madonna, we love her, but you've burnt us out!" LOL), but when I don't like something or feel that she could do better I have to speak up. Madonna made a career out of going against the popular opinion when she didn't agree with it, so perhaps we shouldn't get angry with other super fans when they don't agree with us.

25 minutes ago, madenis said:

they bought it whereas they didn't have the right to do so. Not a hack but we are near.

The retailer had the album out on the shelf for purchase. I find it hard to believe that if you walked into a retailer and had seen MX on the shelf for sale a week in advance that you wouldn't have purchased it.

2 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

The retailer had the album out on the shelf for purchase. I find it hard to believe that if you walked into a retailer and had seen MX on the shelf for sale a week in advance that you wouldn't have purchased it.

I wouldn't have purchased it 

I would have indicate him that it was not officially released

2 hours ago, Fighter said:

Am I the only one who thinks Come Alive is the weakest on the album? it gives me Rebel Heart teas.. it's just cute, but the rest of the album is better. 

i think the opposite

1 hour ago, rebelheartq8 said:

its not bad. its just VERY uninteresting. just a party song. wouldve been a nice single but obv not possible cause its a cover. Batuka had great potential if it didnt have the terrible vocal production.

Nothing happens in Batuka. It's just tribal chanting. If they put some disco elements and turned up the beat it would be really cool and experimental. Electronic african dance. 

3 minutes ago, LindebergBoy said:

Nothing happens in Batuka. It's just tribal chanting. If they put some disco elements and turned up the beat it would be really cool and experimental. Electronic african dance. 

If it was about half the length that it is, it would have made a cool little interlude. It’s just far too long.

5 minutes ago, LindebergBoy said:

I like this song a lot. I have played that song more than any other so far 😃 I ain't trolling you either.

20 minutes ago, L-U-V said:

You sure are fun at parties 

I am. thanks for being interested in

We don't have to be disrespectful and to try to make fun from others to be fun

2 minutes ago, kesiak said:

What does your high horse eat? Asking for a friend! :)

Respect is enough for it

BTW I don't see where you find high horse. 

45 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

I find it interesting that after I listened to the album and then looked at the credits that the 4 songs I just cannot get behind are Mirwais. I don't mind saying that when I heard she was working with him again for an entire album I was a tad nervous because while he's a pretty darn good producer, he's a terrible choice to collaborate on song writing.

Now, I'm not a hater of the whole album, I quite like the other 11 tracks I have heard, although not many of them are very deep, but they are at least pleasing to my ear.

It's the exact opposite for me. In my playlist I removed I Rise, Future, Bitch I'm loca and Crave, and put Dark Ballet as the closure. I find the album to be very "trippy" like this.

2 minutes ago, moon1 said:

It's the exact opposite for me. In my playlist I removed I Rise, Future, Bitch I'm loca and Crave, and put Dark Ballet as the closure. I find the album to be very "trippy" like this.

I think "Dark Ballet" would sound better as the album closer or as an interlude later on in the album.

"Bitch I'm Loca" is just a fun little song, but I like "Future" and "Crave." See, while I do like experimental music to a degree, I prefer more polished music.

Gorgeous, today in London... and don't call me greedy but I can't wait to listen to the three new tracks tomorrow, as the album got me so deeply. And I'm waiting for many more promotional pics!! The early teaser was full of different looks and sets, where is all that great material?! 

62546213_10156400141176588_8766442075529

So now that most of us have heard the vinyl rip and given our opinions...

What videos are we getting next?  It seems like there was so much footage shot, I am hoping for a video for Extreme Occident.  I also wonder if the madamex that plays the xylophone that character?

3 minutes ago, chaseturtle said:

So now that most of us have heard the vinyl rip and given our opinions...

What videos are we getting next?  It seems like there was so much footage shot, I am hoping for a video for Extreme Occident.  I also wonder if the madamex that plays the xylophone that character?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume "God Control." After hearing the album I can't imagine that the "drag queen" video was made for "Killers" because that is not a track I would think a video would be good for. But I could be wrong.

Medellin - 7

Dark Ballet - 9

God Control - 8

Future - 5

Batuka - 6

Killers are Partying - 6.5

Crave - 9

Crazy - 5

Come Alive - 3

Extreme Occident - 9

Faz Gostoso - 5

Bitch Im Loca - 4

I Don’t Search I Find - 9.5

Looking For Mercy - 7.5

I Rise - 6

= 6.6/10

my ratings for now

7 hours ago, Xpresso said:

Oh wow it's so ridiculous that critics all over the world really love the album, but some of her fans already start complaining about some songs.

I also don't get it that people are listing to illegal, bad-quality leaks just because they can't wait a few more days for the official release. We waited nearly 2 years since she first said she will record new music, why can't you wait a few more days and listen to the songs as they are supposed to be - in perfect audio quality?! I don't get it, man........:lol:

Absolutelly.

Can you imagine waiting 4 years if we count since RH's release, and 3 days prior to the HQ album listening to a shitty vynil rip? It's stupid... I understand the desperation, but I would never 'trade' the amazing first time listening experience for a low quality take on the album. ESPECIALLY when it's the FIRST time you listen. The album sounds too good to be trashed down to that. And I respect my ears too much. But to each their own. 

1 minute ago, Emiliano Pérez said:

Absolutelly.

Can you imagine waiting 4 years if we count since RH's release, and 3 days prior to the HQ album listening to a shitty vynil rip? It's stupid... I understand the desperation, but I would never 'trade' the amazing first time listening experience for a low quality take on the album. ESPECIALLY when it's the FIRST time you listen. The album sounds too good to be trashed down to that. And I respect my ears too much. But to each their own. 

giphy.gif