rafafroner

The New Album Saga: Part IV - Madame X

49 minutes ago, G_O_N_E said:

They're there. There's more "mid-tempo" tracks than pure ballads, but to each their own. 

Could you please tell us if there are danceable songs in the record? It’s not like the Vaticano secret, we are regarding for how the album sounds like, not leakeage. 

19 minutes ago, Dan90 said:

Could you please tell us if there are danceable songs in the record? It’s not like the Vaticano secret, we are regarding for how the album sounds like, not leakeage. 

Yes there are danceable tracks. 

1 hour ago, UnapologeticBear said:

Ok.   So NOT ONE televised commercial on NBC is  announcing Madonna.    If this is supposed to be so major, why is that not being advertised .... at all. 

I saw one last Thursday or Friday. It was only for her and Maluma. They did a separate (short) commercial with their names.

[mention=653]LindebergBoy[/mention]do you know if we're gonna have real ballads in this record? Are there at least one or two of them? It's something I missed so much in her last album, where she put just three of them on a base of 23 tracks  (not a huge fan of Messiah and the final version of Wash all over me) ...

But Rebel Heart was full of ballads? HeartBreakCity and Wash All Over Me are pure ballads and Ghosttown, Joan of Arc and Messiah are all ballads for me as well. What was the last Madonna album with five ballads? Ray of Light? American Life maybe... There were two ballads each on MDNA and Hard Candy. I don’t think we can expect half the tracks to be ballads on any album of hers.

49 minutes ago, Ambrose said:

But Rebel Heart was full of ballads? HeartBreakCity and Wash All Over Me are pure ballads and Ghosttown, Joan of Arc and Messiah are all ballads for me as well. What was the last Madonna album with five ballads? Ray of Light? American Life maybe... There were two ballads each on MDNA and Hard Candy. I don’t think we can expect half the tracks to be ballads on any album of hers.

The definition of what some people/fans might consider being a pure Madonna ballad, I guess, varies. For example Joan of Arc is more to me a pure classic midtempo pop song. Ballads are hits like Live To Tell, Take a Bow, You'll See, Crazy For You, I'll Remember, This Used To Be My Playground, The Power Of Goodbye, Love Don't Live Here Anymore and The Look Of Love. 

Some don't find The Devil Wouldn't Recognise You as a pure ballad. Not even Oh Father as a typical ballad or Wash All Over Me. 

What G_O_N_E mentioned yesterday in the thread about some tracks on Madame X are midtempo might some of us fans consider a ballad, but not in the meaning of the standard ballad pattern of her songs Take a Bow or Live To Tell, and other see it just as a midtempo pop song. But each to their own. 

The definition of what some people/fans might consider being a pure Madonna ballad, I guess, varies. For example Joan of Arc is more to me a pure classic midtempo pop song. Ballads are hits like Live To Tell, Take a Bow, You'll See, Crazy For You, I'll Remember, This Used To Be My Playground, The Power Of Goodbye, Love Don't Live Here Anymore and The Look Of Love. 
Some don't find The Devil Wouldn't Recognise You as a pure ballad. Not even Oh Father as a typical ballad or Wash All Over Me. 
What G_O_N_E mentioned yesterday in the thread about some tracks on Madame X are midtempo might some of us fans consider a ballad, but not in the meaning of the standard ballad pattern of her songs Take a Bow or Live To Tell, and other see it just as a midtempo pop song. But each to their own. 

I absolutely agree but I think it’s necessary to take into account that it’s a different time. Her music style has changed. Going by the strictest definition she hasn’t actually release a pure ballad since You Must Love Me. But she won’t release a traditional ballad like those ever again, and the same applies to other types of songs, such as pure pop songs without electronic or other modern elements.

There’s no point in lamenting Madonna not doing things the way she did decades ago - she’s never looked back to repeat herself and she’s not about to start doing that.

14 hours ago, RebelMe said:

Imagine it being an hologram and we can’t differentiate from the real thing? Am I asking too much of nowadays technology? Probably yes. 

It would be really cool if they used the hologram technology to feature Madame X's multiple identities. The real M will be the cha-cha instructor, while the holograms would feature the bride, the equestrian and the nun! (confessional scene?) Like little background scenes  / backstories...