Medellin on global charts

groovyguy

Strange... 

Maybe only because nobody listened to it before yesterday, and we were all curious to hear for the 1st time the hit of an album whose work lasted 4 years.

Now that we know how it sounds, do you think the charts position will be the same as the first day?

I don't think so. At least it's what I'm hoping in order for her to learn that she should satisfy the expectations of the most faithful fans who expected from her the same quality music that she produced in the past, instead of being her to adapt herself to the new music genres in vogue in a certain moment in order to conquer new generations. 

Disappointed. 

Disappointed by this new 1st single. 

Disappointed by the song we have listened in that little teaser in which she announced the name of the new album. 

Disappointed by the two different cover of this new album. 

Disappointed also by the way the fonts were placed on the cover, and by the type of fonts they chosen. 

What the hell is this crap? 

Is it a joke? 

I really hope this flops hardcore so she won't ever even attempt to do a song in the vein of this again.

I think a flop would not stop her from doing anything. Maybe if the second (solo) single is more successful - which is impossible I think - she’ll do less collabs but it’s obvious she enjoys them so I think they’ll keep coming.

2 minutes ago, Ambrose said:

I think a flop would not stop her from doing anything. Maybe if the second (solo) single is more successful - which is impossible I think - she’ll do less collabs but it’s obvious she enjoys them so I think they’ll keep coming.

My problem is not that it's a collab. The song is just absolutely terrible. She's better off having people help her write beautiful melodies and lyrics. This song is just...TRAGIC.

My problem is not that it's a collab. The song is just absolutely terrible. She's better off having people help her write beautiful melodies and lyrics. This song is just...TRAGIC.

I know you hate the song, I like it a lot but in general I don’t like it that she does so many collabs, especially since she used to do none whatsoever AND she’s spoken out against it.

I’m a pretty unbiased superfan who calls the shit out when I see it. I can’t see how anyone thinks this is trash. It’s so much light hearted fun. Hopefully the slightly try hard at times Madonna of the last decade is behind us and she’s found her true rhythm again. This hits all the right notes for me. It sounds commercial and experimental at the same time. 

One thing is for sure. Madonna’s team need to sort her streaming presence out big time. Her entire back catalogue should be sprawled over every relevant playlist. She really needs to bring her older fan base to streaming platforms by making some content available only on Spotify.

You have to play to the biggest market. She’s so behind the curve here. Target exclusive and physicals and all are great for collectors but streaming is king and will only increase in coming years until downloads and physicals make up a minuscule percentage of sales. 

So far this campaign seems designed more to help Malumas profile than Madonna’s. 

She’s .....nowhere to be seen anyway on Spotify. Hopefully this is remedied tomorrow. 

24 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I’m a pretty unbiased superfan who calls the shit out when I see it. I can’t see how anyone thinks this is trash. It’s so much light hearted fun. Hopefully the slightly try hard at times Madonna of the last decade is behind us and she’s found her true rhythm again. This hits all the right notes for me. It sounds commercial and experimental at the same time. 

One thing is for sure. Madonna’s team need to sort her streaming presence out big time. Her entire back catalogue should be sprawled over every relevant playlist. She really needs to bring her older fan base to streaming platforms by making some content available only on Spotify.

You have to play to the biggest market. She’s so behind the curve here. Target exclusive and physicals and all are great for collectors but streaming is king and will only increase in coming years until downloads and physicals make up a minuscule percentage of sales. 

So far this campaign seems designed more to help Malumas profile than Madonna’s. 

She’s .....nowhere to be seen anyway on Spotify. Hopefully this is remedied tomorrow. 

I can't see how any one would think this is anything less than absolute fucking garbage. All of you were complaining about juvenile songs with trashy lyrics like B-Day Song or the alleged heavy auto-tune on RH songs. 

This song combines but of these major points of critique and suddenly all of you force yourselves to like this song because you waited 4 long years for it? Embarrassing, sorry.

It’s about a 60 year old woman looking back on her life and youth and the direction she took and decisions she made. It’s super emotional and nostalgic. Plus her voice is syrup. Just go watch the you tube reaction videos. People are hyped ready to do thier drag queen YASSS routine and then she starts to sing and they just stop and get quite emotional. She sounds like an angel. This song has real heart. It’s honestly one of the most authentic Madonna songs I’ve heard in years. She’s somehow woven through every second of this even though Maluma is a large presence. Honestly I’m sure the song will eventually click for you. I wasn’t too sure at first either but when the preconceived notions of what she should be delivering disappear the beauty of the song just shines through. It’s a classic. Hung Up is amazing because it’s mixes that commercial sound with “giving the gays everything they want”, but this has sooo much more heart and feels like Madonna just being for a change rather than being the Madonna we expect her to.

“Forgave myself for being me” is so damn powerful and one of the most beautiful things she’s ever said. The power that has etc.....

I hope you come around to the song in the end mate. It’s a beautiful trip. 

Medellín

iTunes (4x #1):
YouTube:
Apple Music:

Madonna's new single #Medellin debuted at #46 at the official single chart in the UK, while #39 on the UK's download chart. #MadameX

+ song already has :
2.3 mil streams on Spotify : https://t.co/1PG3tsGMaH
5.7 mil views on YouTube : https://t.co/Q3KFV0neoP

18 hours ago, groovyguy said:

Madonna's new single #Medellin debuted at #46 at the official single chart in the UK, while #39 on the UK's download chart. #MadameX

+ song already has :
2.3 mil streams on Spotify : https://t.co/1PG3tsGMaH
5.7 mil views on YouTube : https://t.co/Q3KFV0neoP

That's awesome!!