Medellin on global charts

groovyguy

Some journalist has feast on the scraps of this thread to produce an article taking pleasure that the new Madonna single 'bombs' in the charts and is disliked by her hardcore fans. It's the familiar 'Madonna isn't relevant' so let's write an article on it to prove the point, and paradoxically show she is still noteworthy.

https://guardianlv.com/2019/04/madonnas-new-single-medellin-bombs-on-spotify-and-itunes-beyonce-rules/

8 hours ago, Stevie B said:

Some journalist has feast on the scraps of this thread to produce an article taking pleasure that the new Madonna single 'bombs' in the charts and is disliked by her hardcore fans. It's the familiar 'Madonna isn't relevant' so let's write an article on it to prove the point, and paradoxically show she is still noteworthy.

https://guardianlv.com/2019/04/madonnas-new-single-medellin-bombs-on-spotify-and-itunes-beyonce-rules/

no real fan would take pleasure that a song of hers flops ...wtf ...

56 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

no real fan would take pleasure that a song of hers flops ...wtf ...

No fake fan would have an "audio contributer badge" or have the amount of upvotes I got. 

I've been a fan of this woman ever since I was a child. I've been listening to her music non-stop since then. I know what she's capable of and to me this song is probably her least authentic move in a very long time.

11 minutes ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

No fake fan would have an "audio contributer badge" or have the amount of upvotes I got. 

I've been a fan of this woman ever since I was a child. I've been listening to her music non-stop since then. I know what she's capable of and to me this song is probably her least authentic move in a very long time.

well be proud that a madonna hater has took your comments and used it to her advantage in a article !! ...

of course there will be better songs on madame x than the duet but to wish her to flop hard is not very nice 

15 minutes ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

im not saying youre fake youre prob a massive fan just disliking the new song but to wish her bad is not good ...

just be happy that some fans like it ...

Medellín

La Isla Bonita

uk 

number 87 official charts 

:( 

boooo to the uk fans 

It’s so frustrating. I’ve been a fan since 1990 and I’ve watched madonna hit the top 10 again and again. The UK LOVED Madonna big time. So to see her miss the charts now and fail to gain the attention she received in the past is so sad. But UK radio wont play her!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, Stevie B said:

It’s so frustrating. I’ve been a fan since 1990 and I’ve watched madonna hit the top 10 again and again. The UK LOVED Madonna big time. So to see her miss the charts now and fail to gain the attention she received in the past is so sad. But UK radio wont play her!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I’ve know her time of glory in the UK.

it was so good. Now it’s like no one in the UK care anymore. So sad ? 

The song is a grower but how it is supposed to grow exactly? :thinker:

As a fan I had to play the song 4-5 times before falling in love with it. I struggle to imagine a person who is not a fan willing to give this song a serious chance.  At first listen, the 1 2 cha cha hook is not enough catchy and it sounds like Madonna is chasing a trend. It's tough to get immediately obsessed with the song, so if you are not a fan it is very unlikely that you will stream Medellin a second or third time. :jamming:

Maluma fans got many other songs released by Maluma in this period, so they are not that obsessed with Medellin. Regardless that, it would still be humiliating to chart only thanks to Maluma streaming power.  That is why I believe that would have been a smarter idea to start the era with a solo lead single that would have tested better the power of Madonna legions of fans. Obviously, she could have flopped even by releasing a solo single, but at least in that case she would have give the fans her best shot . :whipping:

Medellin is a good song, but is it the best one in the album? Does Medellin reflects the album's soul better than the rest of songs? The lead single is crucial for the commercial success of an album and surely Medellin is not the epic comeback that many fans were expecting. The video does not help because it is such a cliche video that lacks of any original idea and it pales in comparison to Madonna greatest music videos. :confused:

There is still hope left tho if the Eurovision performance is confirmed. That is the best promo spot that Madonna can get and hopefully she was smart enough to save the best shot for that. :thinker:

23 hours ago, Ambrose said:

Radio is nearly irrelevant these days. Her poor charting is mostly due to low streaming numbers.

I wouldn't say radio is nearly irrelevant. In the UK, BBC radio 1 have 10 million listeners a week and BBC radio 2 have 15 million a week. That's still a lot of people to reach who enjoy music and most likely to stream or purchase a song after hearing it on the radio.

What truly makes a difference is sales. In the UK 100 streams on a paid-for service  equates to one sale, while free services like YouTube require 600 streams to equal one sale.

:)

8 hours ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

The song is a grower but how it is supposed to grow exactly? :thinker:

As a fan I had to play the song 4-5 times before falling in love with it. I struggle to imagine a person who is not a fan willing to give this song a serious chance.  At first listen, the 1 2 cha cha hook is not enough catchy and it sounds like Madonna is chasing a trend. It's tough to get immediately obsessed with the song, so if you are not a fan it is very unlikely that you will stream Medellin a second or third time. :jamming:

Maluma fans got many other songs released by Maluma in this period, so they are not that obsessed with Medellin. Regardless that, it would still be humiliating to chart only thanks to Maluma streaming power.  That is why I believe that would have been a smarter idea to start the era with a solo lead single that would have tested better the power of Madonna legions of fans. Obviously, she could have flopped even by releasing a solo single, but at least in that case she would have give the fans her best shot . :whipping:

Medellin is a good song, but is it the best one in the album? Does Medellin reflects the album's soul better than the rest of songs? The lead single is crucial for the commercial success of an album and surely Medellin is not the epic comeback that many fans were expecting. The video does not help because it is such a cliche video that lacks of any original idea and it pales in comparison to Madonna greatest music videos. :confused:

There is still hope left tho if the Eurovision performance is confirmed. That is the best promo spot that Madonna can get and hopefully she was smart enough to save the best shot for that. :thinker:

The video is great and is getting great reviews.

the song is a grower. Please give it a chance to grow on people with time.

BIlboard awards and Eurovision Song Contest will help the sing to get visibility..

For now keep streaming it 

1 hour ago, Rebelheart75 said:

The video is great and is getting great reviews.

the song is a grower. Please give it a chance to grow on people with time.

BIlboard awards and Eurovision Song Contest will help the sing to get visibility..

For now keep streaming it 

That is a matter of taste, but the video objectively lacks of originality and it is not a great video to stream at all. I mean, does my stream even counts if I skip the long prayer at the beginning? The only thing I truly enjoy about the video is Madonna black hair look, but that is not enough to make me stream the full video. I will keep streaming the song tho and I hope that radio will show more support cuz Medellin deserves to climb the charts :jamming:

As much as I would luv a huge hit.  Its ain't going to happen for her no matter what she releases.  Medallin has been a real grower for me and I love it but she's now in the stage of her career where its all albums and tours.  David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen etc all were big album sellers at these later stages in their career but not singles anymore. The guys that are comparing to Taylor Swift numbers just ain't fair.  Shes in a completely different stage of her career with her bright cheery damage control single.  She didnt have the huge amount of hits of the last one so it back to happy pop. Female Artists Like J-lo, Gwen Stefani, Mariah Carey, Janet jackson, Celine Dion etc all have had new singles in the last year or so and no one had a huge top 10 hit single. Madonna has been around for longer than them and look at the all the attention and buzz she gets. Not even the untouchable Beyonce has had a huge hit single for a long time.  She has become a huge album seller. Ask the general public a song of hers in the last 5 yrs and they would be struggling to recall. Madonna Released a single 5 mins in length.  She knows it aint going to get played on the radio.  Shes p[laying her own game this time and Im soooo glad Im still luving the ride

The song is living its life like no other lead of hers these last years... she's defending it with promotion. It's not over yet, time will tell how we must consider it...

I think so far Medellin has been existing so much more that the singles from the rolling Stones, Bowie ou Mariah Carey...

Even if it's not a big hit chartwise (because of the chart rules), it will achieve some charting, and has impact already, and it's all adding on M legacy.