groovyguy

'Crave' Release on 5/10/2019 (Second Single)

I'm excited for this one based on what DrownedMadonna said about it:

Crave is a very cool and eclectic dance track. Someway, Medellín is like a set-up for the big single. Crave is indeed even a stronger single than Medellín.

Subjective opinion, of course, but still. 6 MORE DAYS!!

Exciting. But, it's gonna be hard to top Medellin.

I'm prolly gonna like Crave more because I'm more of a dancy techno guy, but the impact of the lead single is usually greater. Especially when you consider Medellin came out off the back of huge anticipation. Let's see how it goes.

To that end, “Crave” with Swae Lee will become the de facto pop radio single upon its release, with an official music video to soon follow. Meanwhile, “Medellín” -- which received a global television launch across Viacom networks in April -- will continue being pushed in Latin markets. The decision to lead with “Medellín” instead of “Crave” came down to the belief that it was “the signature track to the body of work, and the right place to start telling the story,” says Thompson. He adds, “I think we have a good shot to get a top five club record with some [‘Medellín’] remixes, and get that song into people’s spaces that they might not anticipate.” (Madonna has notched a record 57 top five-charting hits on Billboard’s Dance Club Songs chart.)

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8509948/madonna-madame-x-album-campaign-rollout

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ Another unknown rapper or whatever I’ve just checked his page WHY M WHY???... seriously guys we’re getting RH 2.0 for sure... 

Just now, ayhamonline said:

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ Another unknown rapper or whatever I’ve just checked his page WHY M WHY???... seriously guys we’re getting RH 2.0 for sure... 

He's not just "a rapper" though. He actually sings and has a nice voice.

3 hours ago, Dany Targaryen said:

Exciting. But, it's gonna be hard to top Medellin.

I'm prolly gonna like Crave more because I'm more of a dancy techno guy, but the impact of the lead single is usually greater. Especially when you consider Medellin came out off the back of huge anticipation. Let's see how it goes.

Actually Medellin is not doing well on charts... so the second single will be the same... it’s hard to believe that her last #1 was 11 years ago... 😞 

2 hours ago, ayhamonline said:

He is one of the co-writer of Beyonce’s Formation. He’s pretty talented. He has a nice voice. 

12 hours ago, ayhamonline said:

Another unknown rapper

Umm definitely not unknown lol. Much more famous than Maluma (at least my part of the world). 

10 hours ago, EmmaBasquiat said:

He is one of the co-writer of Beyonce’s Formation. He’s pretty talented. He has a nice voice. 

Formation... lol that’s why M is flopping she’s not Beyoncé 

6 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

So Medellin wasn't the stronger song, they picked it as lead for other reasons.

[..]

I think she might have chosen Medellin as her lead single as a kind of statement of intend for the new record. Like a: "Here, have you seen me do this trick before?". Just like Frozen made people go "THAT'S Madonna? She can do that?".