groovyguy

Madonna + Swae Lee| Crave | May 10

What is not normal is her getting #1 in minutes in the first place... back in the days the hit songs had to struggled to make their way to the top.
That's why Madonna #1's have always been significant because they were all big hits, and the pop culture remember all of them, it seems now there is no real significance to a #1 song, it's all about who is streaming the fastest, isn't it ?
#1, and then it's falling down the charts.
It's really sad, because quality music is not getting  helped with this new music market.
(I have nothing against Taylor, I like some of her pop songs though !)

Well not all of them... who except hardcore fans remembers This Used to Be My Playground?

But you’re right. If this was how charting worked in the 80s, at the peak of her popularity, she probably would have reached #1 with every Like a Virgin/True Blue single.

On 5/4/2019 at 4:26 PM, DadoCiccone said:

I strongly Hope that Crave Will be awsome, unlike I rise

Yeah. I Rise is beautiful, but I was a little disappointed with the use of autotune. Someone told me that it was produced by Mirwais, and he loves autotune.

Crave isn't a Mirwais song as far as I know. So I'm really optimistic it will be a little different compared to I Rise and Medellin..

1 hour ago, Dany Targaryen said:

Yeah. I Rise is beautiful, but I was a little disappointed with the use of autotune. Someone told me that it was produced by Mirwais, and he loves autotune.

Crave isn't a Mirwais song as far as I know. So I'm really optimistic it will be a little different compared to I Rise and Medellin..

I Rise was not produced by Mirwais. It is Madonna who wants to sound like a robot on all her songs

I love the use of vocoder on Madonna’s voice. 

Give me Daft Punk-sounding Madonna every time.

Besides, I think alot of the new tracks will go great on a playlist alongside Mirwais’ other tracks with her.

12 hours ago, Dany Targaryen said:

swae lee uses autotune just saying lol ...but i like his voice ...

Ok this is really interesting!

According to Mensch, a reliable source from another M forum, SHE SHOT SOME VIDEO FOR CRAVE JUST YESTERDAY (he heard about some details and saw the costumes) and for what he's been said the track is awesome and NOT DISCO AT ALL, it's been described as a POP BALLAD "BUT DIFFERENT", definately hit material!! Swae Lee is coming to nyc today to film his parts with M before she leaves for London ... it shouldn't be the drag video track then, while the idea of a visual album continues to get reinforced in my mind

12 minutes ago, stefo said:

According to Mensch, a reliable source from another M forum, SHE SHOT SOME VIDEO FOR CRAVE JUST YESTERDAY (he heard about some details and saw the costumes) and for what he's been said the track is awesome and NOT DISCO AT ALL, it's been described as a POP BALLAD "BUT DIFFERENT", definately hit material!! Swae Lee is coming to nyc today to film his parts with M before she leaves for London ... it shouldn't be the drag video track then, while the idea of a visual album continues to get reinforced in my mind

Well if that's true, the video won't be out for a couple of weeks at least, way after the song is released and performed at Eurovision... by that point it will be way past its peak as a single. And if it really is a kind of ballad then there's no point in even releasing it as a single.

20 minutes ago, stefo said:

The disco song really would be the best choice for the ESC, so strange if it is a ballad :thinker:

2 hours ago, RebelHeart said:

We betta get used to the autotune. Extreme Occident also serves a heavy autotune so I assume that's for the whole album. At least the vocals are high quality, unlike MDNA or RH.

What do you mean ? I love Madonna's voice in Hold Tight for instance, I enjoyed it so much more than in I Rise where it's robot like I agree.

In Medellin, I love it too because she sounds real good and effects make it beautiful and dreamy... it's all a matter of taste I guess.

5 hours ago, stefo said:

No, it's not a ballad.