groovyguy

Madonna + Swae Lee| Crave | May 10

35 minutes ago, Ambrose said:

It’s not the first single, it’s the second one, it will just be pushed to pop radio more than Medellín. We’ve heard from the start that Medellín was primarily intended for the Latin market.

From the Hard Candy era on, only the first singles have been commercially successful (even if only 4 Minutes was a hit) with the exception of Bitch I’m Madonna that didn’t do much worse than Living for Love because that was a flop too. I think with the Eurovision performance they were hoping for some success with the second single this time but the video will be too late to make any impact so I think this was planned very poorly - probably because the decision was made too late.

I agree

17 minutes ago, Ambrose said:

That would be so stupid I’m not even gonna think about it emoji23.png

Madonna should perform a very strong political song on Eurovision imo. I dunno if that song is Crave cuz judging from the title alone Killers Who Are Partying sounds like the perfect choice. 

Israel is firing RN rockets against Palestinians...some rockets hit schools and just now I think they announced a "ceasefire"....probably the ceasefire will hold until the final of Eurovision. Madonna has a great opportunity to use the Eurovision stage to help changing people awareness in the world. It would be so disappointing if she use it for a joyful celebration...it would feel so out of place and context imo. 

Madonna should perform a very strong political song on Eurovision imo. I dunno if that song is Crave cuz judging from the title alone Killers Who Are Partying sounds like the perfect choice. 
Israel is firing RN rockets against Palestinians...some rockets hit schools and just now I think they announced a "ceasefire"....probably the ceasefire will hold until the final of Eurovision. Madonna has a great opportunity to use the Eurovision stage to help changing people awareness in the world. It would be so disappointing if she use it for a joyful celebration...it would feel so out of place and context imo. 

I agree completely and I also think that Killers Who Are Partying is it - the title alone can be interpreted as criticism. I also believe that the drag queen video was filmed for it so it’s strange that it’s not the second single. I wonder if we’re ever even gonna see that video. Maybe she decided against previewing most of the Mirwais tracks.

15 minutes ago, Ambrose said:

I think it is powerful in a way but absolutely the wrong choice for Eurovision, even if it was a single.

I totally agree. All the other acts will be high energy and HIGH camp, so M could very quickly look like sh'se lethargic or something if she chooses two quiet numbers. It doesn't really matter if I Rise was a masterpiece of a song. Context would make it appear dull.

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

Jonus shot that tour promo with diplo so im guessing he did the video too 

You never thought this might be the video I was talking about some months ago with Jonas Åkerlund in Africa/Morocco? First single being filmed there. Already been done and put on hold due to the fact they switched the lead with "Medellin". "Crave" was first going to be the lead from Madame X.

The decision to lead with “Medellín” instead of “Crave” came down to the belief that it was “the signature track to the body of work, and the right place to start telling the story,” says Thompson.   

"Crave" it's out this Friday and they start shooting a music video for it this week as the rumour said from another Madonna forum where also this insider revealed it's a pop ballad. For real!? "Crave" is a infectous pop jem. Isn't more likely this is the Jonas Åkerlund Music video. I was told video for first single. No title. My source is incredible thrust worthy. As you've all seen he did the promo for Madame X tour. I told you he was involved with her for this era some months ago. And now you have the proof.

8 minutes ago, Hampus said:

Different strokes for different folks... Golden is one of my fave Kylie albums, and I have followed Kylie since 1988.

Its just too cheesy for me like “ here kylie go and do this “ the gays will love it ! Dancing was her worst single ever ! I like kylie too but I just did not like golden 

2 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

In a beautiful stranger kind of way or a beautiful killer kind of way ?

"Crave" feat. Swae Lee is a diversed upbeat track deriving ideas and style from a broad and diverse range of dance music. Weird, cool, eclectic production but that's what makes it a stand out jam. Something Lady Gaga wished she's done in a good way. A song about desire and longing.

24 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Its just too cheesy for me like “ here kylie go and do this “ the gays will love it ! Dancing was her worst single ever ! I like kylie too but I just did not like golden 

Me either - bland from the styling to the execution. Bit too 'nice' with no edge whatsoever.

Just now, robder said:

Me either - bland from the styling to the execution. Bit too 'nice' with no edge whatsoever.

I don’t even think she enjoyed the songs lol ! Have a feeling it was more record company forcing her to do something extremely camp ! 

44 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Yes, I understood that... nothing wrong with that.,, for me Golden is just my second Kylie album ever... my fave being X.