groovyguy

Madonna + Swae Lee| Crave | May 10

I think that Madonna writing a song about a survivor of a mass shooting who went on to protest against gun laws in the usa and other issues is more inspiring than taylor swift singing about herself in a video that looks like a washing powder advert 

2 minutes ago, James19709 said:

Some things aren't really debatable. Shake It Off by Taylor Swift went to #1. Is it good? No. Your opinion isn't the ultimate truth either. If this is how low the bar is for M in 2019 its the most shocking time in her career.

actually im not a fan of taylor swift but shake it off was catchy as hell ..her new song ME is like a reductive version of it

1 minute ago, adamsapple said:

I think that Madonna writing a song about a survivor of a mass shooting who went on to protest against gun laws in the usa and other issues is more inspiring than taylor swift singing about herself in a video that looks like a washing powder advert 

You can't give a song credit just because of the important speech in the beginning. If the song is about that, its pretty much insulting given the lack of thought put into the song.

1 minute ago, adamsapple said:

actually im not a fan of taylor swift but shake it off was catchy as hell ..her new song ME is like a reductive version of it

Haven't heard ME and probably never will but no... catchy doesn't mean its good. Children are into catchy songs, thats about it. Kids are the ones listening to the charts and knowing what is #1. Charts died years ago. No real music fan cares about any of that. I've never had a song stuck in my head in my entire life. Fuck "catchy"/filler material.

Just now, James19709 said:

You can't give a song credit just because of the important speech in the beginning. If the song is about that, its pretty much insulting given the lack of thought put into the song.

the girl inspired madonna to write a song 

the end 

to me that is thoughtful 

1 minute ago, James19709 said:

Haven't heard ME and probably never will but no... catchy doesn't mean its good. Children are into catchy songs, thats about it. Kids are the ones listening to the charts and knowing what is #1. Charts died years ago. No real music fan cares about any of that. I've never had a song stuck in my head in my entire life. Fuck "catchy"/filler material.

but what makes you such a musical expert ? lol 

Just now, adamsapple said:

the girl inspired madonna to write a song 

the end 

to me that is thoughtful 

If this is Madonna when she's inspired, I don't know what to tell you. Disappointing at the very least

Just now, adamsapple said:

but what makes you such a musical expert ? lol 

I didn't claim to be a musical expert, but I'm not 12 years old and I know that a song like Shake It Off is clearly trash. Clown music.

5 minutes ago, James19709 said:

I didn't claim to be a musical expert, but I'm not 12 years old and I know that a song like Shake It Off is clearly trash. Clown music.

Maybe you are not 12, but you sure sound like an angry spoiled 12 year old...screaming I am right, my opinion is the right one...

Just now, James19709 said:

The corniest most generic songs in the world reach high in the charts, but its only because children are the ones paying attention. Those "artists" don't grow, they just make money to continue acting dumb. They're just brands. @adamsapple

well yeah because at the end of the day its about making money

1 minute ago, Hampus said:

Maybe you are not 12, but you sure sound like an angry spoiled 12 year old...screaming I am right, my opinion is the right one...

If I was to be angry on an internet forum I'd need to reevaluate my entire existence. I haven't been angry even once lmao

2 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

well yeah because at the end of the day its about making money

Yes, of course, but it shouldn't be and we all know that. This is why people should be more attentive to album credits, to see who writes their own music. If somebody was bad at their job, they'd get fired. Some of these people couldn't write a good song if their lives depended on it.

2 hours ago, ayhamonline said:

Interscope Records 👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼 Lol this company sucks... & apparently her manager is over too... the only thing I really like in this MX is the styling team! Very professional! 🙌🏼

3 hours ago, ayhamonline said:

HC was very successful if you compare it to her much recent albums... & at last was a concept album with very clear direction & style.... MX is mess album (from what I see till now) very confusing!!! I can’t get the idea of MX & then suddenly rappers & NY style music... I thought it’s about Lisbon?? 🤔🤔🤔 & then theater tour 💀 

How exactly is Madame X a mess for you? You have only so far heard an appetizer of 3 out of 18 tracks from a global futuristic album. The music is the soul of the universe and is truly connected with music from all around the world. When you once listen to it from start to finish you'll understand. It's a musical journey dealing with the political aspects and injusticies of the world. Urging us the deal with the crisis and unrighteousnesses we're facing in the world. Music inspired from different cultures, such as Brazilian, Jamacian, Colombian and Portugese traditions. Singing in Spanish and Portugese and a medley of both North and South African influneces as well as some Carribean abroad. And in many of the songs you'll hear clearly the Portugese and Latin appropriation. Like in "Crave". It draws on elements of Lisbon's traditional Fado Music, but with a modern twist. Blending pop with hip hop, R&B and a contemporary trap production. The featuring of Swae Lee. Brilliant. Madonna, Mirwais and her producers have taken and filtered the culture traditions and sound into her music. Making it her own. There's a vulnerability to "Crave", which also shares the genre of fado's resignation and fatefulness. The heartbreaking, craving and loneliness of fado's traditions. "You know I just can't change. This is how I'm made". She channels the low key and chill, melancolic essence of that aspect of Portugese music. Mellow, vulnerable and romantic. Like fado music, but without belting it out. Don't you think?

With "Medellin" she's conquering reggaeton and proves she still can mesh genres and these days global trends and bring it into her own world of music without making it effortlessly. It's an ease and lush in this more sultry and sonically restrained track we haven't heard from her in years. And with "I Rise", the politically-charged and reflective mid-tempo ballad, she's showing her more vulnurable side again. “There’s nothing you can do to me that hasn’t been done, not bulletproof, should have run from a gun”. An anthem for anyone facing adversity or discrimination. Lyrically it fits very well into the concept of ‘Madame X. It's empowering and uplifting. She's given a voice to all the marginalized people. Embracing the negatives in her life and turning them into positive. Given them strenght. “Cause I’m going through it. Yeah, I know you see the tragic in it. Just hold on to the little bit of magic in it. I can’t break down now, I can’t take that, I rise”. The lyrics about running from bullets and guns  gets a clear political angle due to the spoken intro by the young activist Emma González, who uses her voice for gun control. "Madame X is a cha-cha leader. A head of state. Madame X is a secret agent. Traveling around the world. Changing identities.” Surely you can understand the concept of this album reading this? And what about the tour? Incorporating the intimaticy with Lisbon's tradtions of fado, morna and furnana music, for an example, and infiltrate that vicinity into a Theatre tour. Makes perfect sense to me.

Next she takes us on a journey to the dancehall music of Jamaica... To the Future with our Queen.

1 minute ago, James19709 said:

Yes, of course, but it shouldn't be and we all know that.

its what record deals want though ..its a contract...unless youre prince who just went off and did his own thing after his record deal problems ...

Madonna is still required to do things what her record company asks - she did rant and rave about it on instagram if you remember about writing songs etc etc ..asking guy for help ...

Madonna prob wanted a album entirely sang in a different language for all we know lol 

i mean where the hell did anitta come into all of this lol 

maluma she met at mtv so i can get that but there was a rumour she worked with him before the mtv awards  ..and also swae lee too ..how random 

i had never heard of all three of them before madame x 

Her idea or her managers idea or her record companies idea for her to work with anitta and swae lee 

we do know she snapped during this recording of a new album about writing camps etc etc 

10 minutes ago, LindebergBoy said:

How exactly is Madame X a mess for you? You have only so far heard an appetizer of 3 out of 18 tracks from a global futuristic album. The music is the soul of the universe and is truly connected with Music from all around the world. When you once listen to it from start to finish you'll understand. It's a musical journey dealing with the political aspects and injusticies of the world. Urging us the deal with the crisis and unrighteousnesses we're facing in the world. Music inspired from different Cultures, such as Brazilian, Jamacian, Colombian and Portugese traditions. Singing in Spanish and Portugese and a medley of both North and South African influneces as well as some Carribean abroad. And in many of the songs you'll hear clearly the Portugese and Latin appropriation. Like in "Crave". It draws on elements of Lisbon's traditional Fado Music, but with a modern twist. Blending pop with hip hop, R&B and a contemporary trap production. The featuring of Swae Lee. Brilliant. Madonna, Mirwais and her producers have taken and filtered the culture traditions and sound into her music. Making it her own. There's a vulnerability to "Crave", which also shares the genre of fado's resignation and fatefulness. The heartbreaking, craving and loneliness of fado's traditions. "You know I just can't change. This is how I'm made". She channels the low key and chill, melancolic essence of that aspect of Portugese music. Mellow, vulnerable and romantic. Like fado music, but without belting it out. Don't you think?

With "Medellin" she's conquering reggaeton and proves she still can mesh genres and these days global trends and bring it into her own world of music without making it effortlessly. It's an ease and lush in this more sultry and sonically restrained track we haven't heard from her in years. And with "I Rise", the politically-charged and reflective mid-tempo ballad, she's showing her more vulnurable side again. “There’s nothing you can do to me that hasn’t been done, not bulletproof, should have run from a gun”. An anthem for anyone facing adversity or discrimination. Lyrically it fits very well into the concept of ‘Madame X. It's empowering and uplifting. She's given a voice to all the marginalized people. Embracing the negatives in her life and turning them into positive. Given them strenght. “Cause I’m going through it. Yeah, I know you see the tragic in it. Just hold on to the little bit of magic in it. I can’t break down now, I can’t take that, I rise”. The lyrics about running from bullets and guns  gets a clear political angle due to the spoken intro by the young activist Emma González, who uses her voice for gun control. "Madame X is a cha-cha leader. A head of state. Madame X is a secret agent. Traveling around the world. Changing identities.” Surely you can understand the concept of this album reading this? And what about the tour? Incorporating the intimaticy with Lisbon's tradtions of fado, morna and furnana music, for an example, and infiltrate that vicinity into a Theatre tour. Makes perfect sense to me.

Next she takes us on a journey to the dancehall music of Jamaica...

i liked this read ..thankyou

23 minutes ago, James19709 said:

Shut the fuck up with the passive aggressive bullshit and use the ignore feature. I can't stand any of the users on this forum who can't stand me. Its always mutual.

Hummm this coming from someone who seems to be a Bitchy ass Queen. with nothing nice to say in any of your replys as i have noticed. I can totally see why you are not liked. As stated in my post.Bitch Sit Your Ass Down. If you have nothing nice to say !!! Then STFU Yourself. Thank you.... have a nice day and great life.

10 minutes ago, Bruce Hutchings Rafter said:

Hummm this coming from someone who seems to be a Bitchy ass Queen. with nothing nice to say in any of your replys as i have noticed. I can totally see why you are not liked. As stated in my post.Bitch Sit Your Ass Down. If you have nothing nice to say !!! Then STFU Yourself. Thank you.... have a nice day and great life.

If you really just said "Bitch sit your ass down" to me you're a joke.

16 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Madonna prob wanted a album entirely sang in a different language for all we know lol 

i mean where the hell did anitta come into all of this lol 

maluma she met at mtv so i can get that but there was a rumour she worked with him before the mtv awards  ..and also swae lee too ..how random 

i had never heard of all three of them before madame x 

Her idea or her managers idea or her record companies idea for her to work with anitta and swae lee 

we do know she snapped during this recording of a new album about writing camps etc etc 

The collabs do seem pretty random, I didn't even know she'd met Swae Lee. She probably just likes their music from afar or her kids do or something. I hadn't heard of any of them either. Even with Swae, I only knew his name, I don't know any of his music. Isn't the Anitta collab a cover?

3 minutes ago, Bel said:

Is this a batlefield or a thread to discuss the song " Crave "?

I suggest you to use the ignore button, have some respect for the other members.

Its turned into one's cry for attention, apparently.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cd991346645746b73