groovyguy

Madonna + Swae Lee| Crave | May 10

1 hour ago, LindebergBoy said:

How exactly is Madame X a mess for you? You have only so far heard an appetizer of 3 out of 18 tracks from a global futuristic album. The music is the soul of the universe and is truly connected with music from all around the world. When you once listen to it from start to finish you'll understand. It's a musical journey dealing with the political aspects and injusticies of the world. Urging us the deal with the crisis and unrighteousnesses we're facing in the world. Music inspired from different cultures, such as Brazilian, Jamacian, Colombian and Portugese traditions. Singing in Spanish and Portugese and a medley of both North and South African influneces as well as some Carribean abroad. And in many of the songs you'll hear clearly the Portugese and Latin appropriation. Like in "Crave". It draws on elements of Lisbon's traditional Fado Music, but with a modern twist. Blending pop with hip hop, R&B and a contemporary trap production. The featuring of Swae Lee. Brilliant. Madonna, Mirwais and her producers have taken and filtered the culture traditions and sound into her music. Making it her own. There's a vulnerability to "Crave", which also shares the genre of fado's resignation and fatefulness. The heartbreaking, craving and loneliness of fado's traditions. "You know I just can't change. This is how I'm made". She channels the low key and chill, melancolic essence of that aspect of Portugese music. Mellow, vulnerable and romantic. Like fado music, but without belting it out. Don't you think?

With "Medellin" she's conquering reggaeton and proves she still can mesh genres and these days global trends and bring it into her own world of music without making it effortlessly. It's an ease and lush in this more sultry and sonically restrained track we haven't heard from her in years. And with "I Rise", the politically-charged and reflective mid-tempo ballad, she's showing her more vulnurable side again. “There’s nothing you can do to me that hasn’t been done, not bulletproof, should have run from a gun”. An anthem for anyone facing adversity or discrimination. Lyrically it fits very well into the concept of ‘Madame X. It's empowering and uplifting. She's given a voice to all the marginalized people. Embracing the negatives in her life and turning them into positive. Given them strenght. “Cause I’m going through it. Yeah, I know you see the tragic in it. Just hold on to the little bit of magic in it. I can’t break down now, I can’t take that, I rise”. The lyrics about running from bullets and guns  gets a clear political angle due to the spoken intro by the young activist Emma González, who uses her voice for gun control. "Madame X is a cha-cha leader. A head of state. Madame X is a secret agent. Traveling around the world. Changing identities.” Surely you can understand the concept of this album reading this? And what about the tour? Incorporating the intimaticy with Lisbon's tradtions of fado, morna and furnana music, for an example, and infiltrate that vicinity into a Theatre tour. Makes perfect sense to me.

Next she takes us on a journey to the dancehall music of Jamaica... To the Future with our Queen.

Very impressive talk... & very detailed discerption... still these 3 songs are weak & not like her previous works... not worked well.  

3 minutes ago, ayhamonline said:

Very impressive talk... & very detailed discerption... still these 3 songs are weak & not like her previous works... not worked well.  

Yes, I can agree with that. They're not quite as strong and melodic as her previous work.

8 minutes ago, ayhamonline said:

I dont want her new music to be like her previous work though ..i want something new from madonna ..

I think it's true that charts are not relevant anymore, they are polluted by streamings.

But still, we have to admit that we all would love to see Madonna have another no. 1 hit single!

Even Madonna admitted that!

So all this discussion reminds me of the tale of the Fox and the Grapes:

Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.' People who speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain would do well to apply this story to themselves.

53b795ce5a593316ac4f858388750e9f.gif

1 minute ago, Andymad said:

I really hope she strips this song into a beautiful ballad on the tour. It could be so magical.

has anyone done this type of mix yet??

Thats what i want a slow mix of it .. , a piano mix of it like somebody did with miles away 

1 minute ago, Enrico said:

I think it's true that charts are not relevant anymore, they are polluted by streamings.

But still, we have to admit that we all would love to see Madonna have another no. 1 hit single!

Even Madonna admitted that!

So all this discussion reminds me of the tale of the Fox and the Grapes:

Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.' People who speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain would do well to apply this story to themselves.

53b795ce5a593316ac4f858388750e9f.gif

when did madonna say she wanted another no 1 hit single ? you mean during the billboard interview ..i found that very funny really she said she wanted more top 40 hits ..was done in a tongue and cheek way and she didnt even remember where i remember charted or this used to be my playground ...i bet she doesnt even know how many number 1s she has on billboard

2 minutes ago, xavier said:

What I don’t get is how her team didn’t get her a radio deal for Crave like they did with GImmie all your lovin. 

What have saved everyone tons of heartaches 

she was 50 then she is 60 now ..it will get more difficult for radio to play her in the usa now 

she deffo wont start begging

3 minutes ago, xavier said:

What I don’t get is how her team didn’t get her a radio deal for Crave like they did with GImmie all your lovin. 

What have saved everyone tons of heartaches 

They have to pay for that though so maybe it’s not worth it just to have a chart position?

Just now, adamsapple said:

she was 50 then she is 60 now ..it will get more difficult for radio to play her in the usa now 

she deffo wont start begging

Well she did for Gimme All Your lovin that’s how it got top 10

Just now, THE ROSE MIST said:

They have to pay for that though so maybe it’s not worth it just to have a chart position?

True but  do t they have to pay for all these promos, video shoots, etc.

just invest the money wisely 

18 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I dont want her new music to be like her previous work though ..i want something new from madonna ..

Of course not... I’m just saying not the same quality.

13 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

well the crave video looks cheap prob directed by jonus as a favour for madonna lol ...

The video will probably stylistically fit Swae's image so its probably not going to be a huge dramatic video. It might be but its hard to imagine.