groovyguy

Madonna + Swae Lee| Crave | May 10

45 minutes ago, Bruce Hutchings Rafter said:

In all fairness... do we think Madonna is even safe in the United States as of late? I think not, Look at all the shootings going on . Schools, places of worship and yup even concert events.

No especially after the White House comments 

2 hours ago, Eyzonme said:

M didn't choose the country that Eurovision 2019 will take place in. By that logic (safety aspect) she shouldn't perform in Mexico, Brazil or Colombia this time around either. 

Europe loves her and she is charting far better there than anywhere else. It makes sense to be on a show which gets eyeballs. Where else can she perform live in Europe that gets 200mil viewers?

See the positive irrespective if you like Eurovision or not.

PS there are forum members from Israel here. Be kind. 

There's also members from Brazil and Mexico, countries you dismiss as "dangerous". These countries need respect too. 

1 hour ago, professormouse said:

Can you name One Country in the World where people do not die ?
How do you define a Safe Country any ways ??

The question is: is Israel safe?? I guess you don’t watch news.. 🤔 

To me Crave is a good song, I like it. Makes me think of a Mariah carey song, in the way she sings the verses... It's like a We Belong Together type of songs.

Won't be one of my fav but I enjoy it, hope it will grow more on me with the video coming.

9 hours ago, Fighter said:

How come if Crave is the current single and the video is coming out, she'll allegedly perform Future on Eurovision. Why is this era so confusing

I’m guessing she is concentrating on selling the album not just singles. She’s giving the public a taste of the entire collection. 

1 hour ago, drivebitch said:

I’m guessing she is concentrating on selling the album not just singles. She’s giving the public a taste of the entire collection. 

I like Crave. I think Medellín was an excellent opening to me. I Rise was meant more to coincide with her receiving the GLAAD award I believe. Something lyrically uplifting, not necessarily deep. Crave is pop. I like pop. And it’s not awful pop. I keep finding subtle new sounds buried in the production. 

On 5/12/2019 at 11:05 PM, Xpresso said:

this charts-discussion are absurd. we live in the era of the one-hit-wonders now (or better 3-hit-wonders) because of streaming and more important because of internet-social-media-hypes.

there are hardly any long-living music-stars out there anymore. every "superstar" of the last 5-10 years had a couple of sucessful songs and than suddenly disappeared. this is especially the case for female singers. there legions of former female "superstars" who now nobody is interested in anymore......Miley, Katey, Britney, Gaga, Rhianna, Ellie Goulding etc. and Beyonce - this ridicoulus "Queen B" hasn't had a hit outside the US for 10 years now *LOL*. Taylor Swift? Her last album flopped everywhere outside the US and her new song ME doesn't even chart here in Europe, outside the US nobody ist interested in her anymore. I bet in 2 years she will make country-music again :) as soon as the streaming-nerds (who are no real fan but see it as a challange to stream an artist as often as possible) loose their interest and move on (or become older) the career of this artists is over.

so it really doesn't matter if Madonna chart high or not, cause you can't even earn money with it anymore.

While I agree that chart positions for Madonna's latest singles are irrelevant given her already cemented legacy, I don't think that some of the artists that you singled out as being flops really deserve that criticism.  I don't mean to go off on a tangent, but Rihanna hasn't released a single from her own album since like 2016, so of course she hasn't had noteworthy chart success recently; she literally has no new music of her own. And Gaga just had a #1 single in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and several other major markets a few months ago, not to mention a successful movie soundtrack which she wrote and sang most of the songs for, which also went #1 in over 15 countries. So I don't understand the "nobody is interested in anymore" argument regarding  these two artists in particular.

15 minutes ago, Nahual said:

While I agree that chart positions for Madonna's latest singles are irrelevant given her already cemented legacy, I don't think that some of the artists that you singled out as being flops really deserve that criticism.  I don't mean to go off on a tangent, but Rihanna hasn't released a single from her own album since like 2016, so of course she hasn't had noteworthy chart success recently; she literally has no new music of her own. And Gaga just had a #1 single in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and several other major markets a few months ago, not to mention a successful movie soundtrack which she wrote and sang most of the songs for, which also went #1 in over 15 countries. So I don't understand the "nobody is interested in anymore" argument regarding  these two artists in particular.

that gags song is from a soundtrack ...

how well did john wayne do on the charts from her studio album ?

17 minutes ago, Nahual said:

which she wrote !

oh how id love to hear the demos ....

co wrote ..and prob 3 words on each song apart from the pop number that sounds like "the cure" .

anyway enough about her she is half madonnas age and in vegas im sure at 60 she too will not be getting number ones 

Unless Gaga does another adult contemporary album I don't see people interested in her much.  I don't see much interest in her usual eurodisco bangers about her anus. 

3 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Unless Gaga does another adult contemporary album I don't see people interested in her much.  I don't see much interest in her usual eurodisco bangers about her anus. 

Here we go bringing up Gaga again. :Madonna007: