groovyguy

Madonna @ Eurovision Song Contest on 5/18/2019

Madonna to perform at Eurovision Song Contest in Israel

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-music-eurovision-madonna/madonna-to-perform-at-eurovision-song-contest-in-israel-idUSKCN1RK2GZ

(Reuters) - Pop superstar Madonna will make a guest appearance at the Eurovision Song Contest in Israel next month, her representatives said on Monday.

Concert promoters Live Nation Israel and the singer’s U.S. representatives confirmed reports in Israeli media that Madonna will perform two songs in Tel Aviv during the three-day Eurovsion competition in May, which features musicians from more than 40 nations.

JEAN PAUL GAULTIER TO DRESS MADONNA, DANA INTERNATIONAL FOR EUROVISION

https://m.jpost.com/Israel-News/Jean-Paul-Gaultier-to-dress-Madonna-Dana-International-for-Eurovision-588154

Fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier will be arriving in Israel next month to outfit both Madonna and Dana International for the Eurovision.  
The French designer is slated to land in Israel on May 13, a day ahead of the first Eurovision semi-final, and stick around through the finale on May 18. Gaultier, a legend in the world of haute couture, has worked with both Madonna and Dana International in the past, and has produced several Eurovision looks. In 1998, he created Dana International’s iconic feather-adorned jacket, that she donned after winning the top prize at the Eurovision Song Contest in the UK.

“I still get chills of excitement when I remember my first meeting with him,” Dana said recently. “It was really the first time that I felt that something was happening also outside the borders of Israel, I felt a little international.” 

Embedded video

Gaultier also designed the dress French-Indonesian singer Anggun wore at the 2012 contest in Azerbaijan. Gaultier has designed for Madonna for years, including her famed cone bra for her 1990 world tour. 
Last week, during Passover, Dana flew to Paris to visit Gaultier’s studio and hold a fitting for two dresses for the upcoming Eurovision – one for the first semi-final, and one for the grand finale. The two looks, according to her PR manager, “are particularly grandiose.”  
Gaultier and Dana also collaborated on a photo shoot that will serve as a spread in the Israeli fashion magazine At that will be published next week. 

Jean Paul Gaultier Coming to Israel’s Eurovision to Dress Madonna

https://madonnaunderground.com/jean-paul-gaultier-coming-to-israels-eurovision-to-dress-madonna/

The French designer is expected to arrive in Israel on May 13. The last time he dressed Israeli singer Dana International for her iconic 1998 performance

I wonder if we like with Living For Love in the early Rebel Heart era will see basically the same performance repeated, this time at Billboard Awards and Eurovision? The rumored cutting edge holographic-whatsamacallits (read: I'm not personally buying this rumor) at the Billboard Awards don't exactly sound repeatable for Eurovision, do they? 

18 minutes ago, Cravens said:

I wonder if we like with Living For Love in the early Rebel Heart era will see basically the same performance repeated, this time at Billboard Awards and Eurovision? The rumored cutting edge holographic-whatsamacallits (read: I'm not personally buying this rumor) at the Billboard Awards don't exactly sound repeatable for Eurovision, do they? 

I think Madonna would be very stupid if she misses the opportunity to debut a brand new performance for the second single at Eurovision.

Hopefully the Eurovision performance will be even more epic, cuz hopefully the second single will show to the world what Madame X is really about.

I’m not sure she would have repeated the LFL performance if it had gone according to plan at the Brit Awards.

I would be very surprised if she did Medellín at Eurovision, if only because Maluma’s part is so big.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/good-heavens-madonna-will-perform-like-a-prayer-at-eurovision-in-tel-aviv/

Life is no longer a mystery – Madonna will perform her chart-topping anthem Like A Prayer at this month’s Eurovision Song Contest in Israel, it has been revealed.

The queen of pop will also sing a song from her new album, Madame X, during the  grand finale on Saturday, 18 May.

Two days prior to that she will take to the stage during the event’s second semi-final for a highly-anticipated interview about her affection for Israel and the song contest.

Israel’s public broadcaster KAN confirmed last month that the 60-year-old icon will make an appearance on stage, with the expected $1million (£770,000) cost being met by Israeli-Canadian billionaire Sylvan Adams.

Her Eurovision gig will mark the fourth time Madonna has performed in the Holy Land, following on from shows in 1993, 2009 and 2012.

Madonna has also enjoyed personal trips to Israel previously, having become involved with Kabbalah following an introduction from her friend, Jewish actress Sandra Bernhard.

Netta Barzilai earned Israel its fourth win at the Eurovision Song Contest last year, meaning the 2019 grand finale will be held in Tel Aviv on May 18.

So far no rehearsal pictures.. I got a feeling its not gona be a big production. I think just Madonna with a mic singing I rise and Like a prayer.

There’s absolutely no chance of that happening.

6 hours ago, hendrik297 said:

So far no rehearsal pictures.. I got a feeling its not gona be a big production. I think just Madonna with a mic singing I rise and Like a prayer.

Ofc she will post rehersal photos when eurovision oficially will announce her performance, same was with bilboard she posted first photo from rehersals after announcement

On 5/6/2019 at 7:28 AM, hendrik297 said:

I Rise is just an album track, why would she sing it ?!

She's better sing the new single that will be out soon, Crave.

Well for all we know Madonna could be doing Like A Prayer in the spirit of her world music influences? Go full Africana or somethin' with a big black Malawi choir and poly rythms and such? Not likely, but.. One can dream, right?

Well for all we know Madonna could be doing Like A Prayer in the spirit of her world music influences? Go full Africana or somethin' with a big black Malawi choir and poly rythms and such? Not likely, but.. One can dream, right?

Would be weird to do an African version on a European show promoting an album that as far as we know has no major African influences.

She’ll probably just do it with an Israeli choir.

We can expect some kind of Unapologetic B*itch 2.0 

Uh oh... If only she made a Ariana's "bloodline"-inspired... but I sense it's gonna be EDMish.