groovyguy

Madonna @ Eurovision Song Contest on 5/18/2019

Who knows if it’s true but as long as it’s not Crave (or I Rise). Weird if the song performed is not an official single but maybe they just gave up on trying for a hit of some sorts.

9 hours ago, skyfitswim said:

why would she sing crave when its a duet ( again)

It's not a duet, it's a featuring. He has one verse and does backing vocals

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:49 PM, LindebergBoy said:

Just got some reports about the performance for Eurovision Song Contest 2019. One of the the two songs is Like a Prayer. The other one Madonna is choosing between from Madame X are the album tracks “Future” (with American rapper Quavo) or “Dark Ballet”. Her new single “Medellín” is not a contender for Eurovision. Neither is "Killers" now at this point. 

Remember this? And some of the bullshit I got for it.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:34 PM, TonyMontana said:

No offense but i don't know if i believe this. I don't know who made that report to you but it's just a wrong rehash and a mix of all the info we are getting day by day. No offense mate but i think the person who is givin you info is just someone who goes with the flow of what he reads on forums : 1st we see M shooting a video in Miami, people on the set report it's a disco song with a political msg and your insider says the lead is gonna be an uptempo disco track. Then as time goes by more and more rumors are coming that the lead is a latin/reggaetton track with Maluma then your insider say they have changed their plans and the lead is the reggaetton track with Maluma. Now since yesterday we all saw that a few tracks are gonna be released before the album is out and we have the titles of those tracks, and your insider says that M is gonna perform one of those tracks... i like you @LindebergBoybut i have strong doubts your source is reliable. I my be wrong though…

Wasted opportunity, not performing a single. There better be a good reason why it’s not Killers. They’re obviously using the most commercial-sounding tracks for promotion but Eurovision is not in the US, they don’t seem to care that it’s an entirely different market. Anyway, bring on Future, Madame X is on a roll.

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Culture/Quavo-of-Migos-announces-surprise-TA-show-589027

Quavo, one third of the wildly successful rap trio Migos, on Monday announced a surprise pop-up concert in Tel Aviv next week. 
The rapper is slated to perform at Hangar 11 on Thursday night, May 16, the same evening as the second Eurovision semi-final. And shortly after Quavo leaves the stage, the venue will turn into the Euroclub after-party. But for a couple of hours, the rapper will light up the Tel Aviv nightclub with a string of hip hop hits.

This might not be Quavo’s only performance in Tel Aviv next week. According to Live Nation, Quavo – who appears on the track “Future” on Madonna’s upcoming album – will also take the stage with the singer during the Eurovision final on May 18. Walla reported last month that Madonna was trying to choose between “Future” and “Dark Ballet” for her Eurovision performance, in addition to her classic hit “Like a Prayer.” Now, it looks like she’s decided – and brought her collaborator with her. 

In addition to working with Madonna on both her album and his own 2018 solo album, Quavo has collaborated with Justin Bieber, DJ Khaled, Kanye West, Drake and many others.

He is best known for his work with the trio Migos, made up of his nephew Takeoff and his cousin Offset. Offset is a tabloid staple in the US due to his marriage to rap goddess Cardi B. Together with Migos, Quavo has released hit singles “Bad and Boujee,” “Motor Sport” and “Stir Fry.”

There was media coverage about Madonna doing a controversial song on Eurovision, that song was Killers not Future. If Madonna decides to perform Future instead, she will show to the world that she's afraid to speak up against injustices and it will hurt badly her image!!! 

It would look very hypocritical the things she says about fighting for freedom and peace.  The world will realize that Madame X is not a freedom fighter neither a head of state. Madame X is just a pussy. An hypocritical pussy. It will be better to cancel the performance at this point. 

The Eurovision show is a huge political event. Thanks to Eurovision it was obtained a ceasefire. After the final, the slaughter of innocent people will continue. Madonna has a great opportunity to use that stage to take a stand for peace and justice.

She must be political or she better stay home. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Calling for peace is political, I guess she can do that, juste like in the end of Superbowl with the world peace inscription...

Must we believe what is written in this post  about Future being the chosen song ? I think I'm gonna reserve my judgment for later. :smile:

On 5/8/2019 at 1:39 PM, Lucifer's Angel said:

There was media coverage about Madonna doing a controversial song on Eurovision, that song was Killers not Future. If Madonna decides to perform Future instead, she will show to the world that she's afraid to speak up against injustices and it will hurt badly her image!!! 

It would look very hypocritical the things she says about fighting for freedom and peace.  The world will realize that Madame X is not a freedom fighter neither a head of state. Madame X is just a pussy. An hypocritical pussy. It will be better to cancel the performance at this point. 

The Eurovision show is a huge political event. Thanks to Eurovision it was obtained a ceasefire. After the final, the slaughter of innocent people will continue. Madonna has a great opportunity to use that stage to take a stand for peace and justice.

She must be political or she better stay home. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Oh shut up!

Not a fan of bringing another feature track to the stage, that said, we don't know anything about Future, except that it's produced by Diplo and has a dancehall sound. It could be about anything so I reserve judgement until I hear it. Even though I think it would be wise to perform the most Madonnaish track she has on offer, the song has to stand head and shoulders above any contestant's

8 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

Not a fan of bringing another feature track to the stage, that said, we don't know anything about Future, except that it's produced by Diplo and has a dancehall sound. It could be about anything so I reserve judgement until I hear it. Even though I think it would be wise to perform the most Madonnaish track she has on offer, the song has to stand head and shoulders above any contestant's

well shes performing like a prayer ...

wonder if shes in rehearsals yet 

Unless "Future" is truly hit-worthy, I think it will be a huge mistake to perform it. It would be essentially wasting the largest European promo she can get on a non-single which people will be confused by. As far as descriptions go, it will also sound decidedly... non-European, whatever that loaded phrase means. 

Not to open the whole can of worms that is performing in Israel at this point in time. It could really make or break the era, as far as media goes.

7 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

Unless "Future" is truly hit-worthy, I think it will be a huge mistake to perform it. It would be essentially wasting the largest European promo she can get on a non-single which people will be confused by. As far as descriptions go, it will also sound decidedly... non-European, whatever that loaded phrase means. 

Not to open the whole can of worms that is performing in Israel at this point in time. It could really make or break the era, as far as media goes.

i know right ! 

Hmm. Well we’ve been hearing of backstage drama for months and the fact that her performance has yet to be officially announced confirms it... I’m sure she’d sooner cancel the performance than put on a mess of a show. With the backlash coming up and the fact that she’s probably not even performing a single maybe that would be for the best... But I hope not!