Madonna Biopic To Be Directed By Madonna

louis.exe

6 hours ago, artlover said:

I came here expecting at least some kind of rumour :Madonna051:

15 hours ago, Ambrose said:

Unconfirmed, I don’t think it will happen. Definitely not any time soon anyway.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi17q_dj_XhAhUQVRUIHQFlAjQQqQIIJygAMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.list.co.uk%2Farticle%2F107788-madonna-wants-to-direct-her-own-biopic%2F&usg=AOvVaw2epWyqkYZZ_-T7pHAcygSO

Here's a link

Wouldn't it be a bit strange for her to direct her own biopic?
I feel like it might be more interesting to have a director show their interpretation and perspective on her story with her as a consultant on the film/co-writing the screenplay rather than being the director.
I'm not too sure about this.

I don’t see how it could be actually good whatever her involvement is (especially as a screenwriter, as long as she keeps writing her own scripts she’s not gonna be a successful director). Of course, Bohemian Rhapsody proved that a movie doesn’t have to be good to be a success and that a sanitized, censored version bothers no one. But everyone loves Queen. Not the case with Madonna.

I hope a biopic doesn’t happen until after her death when they are free to use her music without having to adapt the film to her wishes.

1 minute ago, Ambrose said:

I don’t see how it could be actually good whatever her involvement is (especially as a screenwriter, as long as she keeps writing her own scripts she’s not gonna be a successful director). Of course, Bohemian Rhapsody proved that a movie doesn’t have to be good to be a success and that a sanitized, censored version bothers no one. But everyone loves Queen. Not the case with Madonna.

I agree. But, I do think that she could co-write with another screenwriter so that her ideas and experiences are on the page and another screenwriter filters and edits them to make them better for the screen.

Whoever makes a Madonna biopic, I hope they do her story justice and I hope they have the budget required to get good actors, sets, effects etc.

I'm definitely not into the sanitized, censored stories. I want an honest portrayal.

I agree. But, I do think that she could co-write with another screenwriter so that her ideas and experiences are on the page and another screenwriter filters and edits them to make them better for the screen.
Whoever makes a Madonna biopic, I hope they do her story justice and I hope they have the budget required to get good actors, sets, effects etc.
I'm definitely not into the sanitized, censored stories. I want an honest portrayal.

She co-wrote W.E. but it was with Alek Keshishian who has no good script under his belt either... I’m afraid she wants control too much to work with someone who won’t just say yes to any idea she has.

6 minutes ago, Ambrose said:

She co-wrote W.E. but it was with Alek Keshishian who has no good script under his belt either... I’m afraid she wants control too much to work with someone who won’t just say yes to any idea she has.

True. I just hope they get good writers. Screenplays can really make or break a film and I really don't want a Madonna biopic with cheesy/bad dialogue. :Madonna037: