Madame X Tour May 6 Announcement

Frank

16 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I really hope she comes back to Australia lol 

I do too, but the last tour was not as successful as Live Nation had obviously hoped for. Plus the media treated her like absolute shit. I do wonder if we will be left off, well I wouldn't be surprised. I am a broke University student, so chances of me travelling to see her are slim to none.

3 minutes ago, me1981 said:

I do too, but the last tour was not as successful as Live Nation had obviously hoped for. Plus the media treated her like absolute shit. I do wonder if we will be left off, well I wouldn't be surprised. I am a broke University student, so chances of me travelling to see her are slim to none.

Oh I thought it did ok - she sold out most nights and the areans  where packed. She took longer to sell but pretty much over half the seats were $500 lol

2 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Oh I thought it did ok - she sold out most nights and the areans  where packed. She took longer to sell but pretty much over half the seats were $500 lol

But there were more dates Live Nation had originally anticipated that never happened. Hence why she moved the QLD dates, so there wouldn't be a big gap (they were scheduled for Mar 26/27 and were moved up 10 days). It seemed they were hoping for three to four nights in at least Sydney and Melbourne. 

I'd say if she comes back and is doing stadiums, we will get a couple of stadium shows in Sydney and Melbourne only. Or she will just stick to those two cities.

She did sell well on the two nights in each city though, but I am guessing LN was hoping for better. I guess at the end of the day if Madonna is happy to come back here, it will be up to LN and local promoters to decide if it is financially worth it. 

Also the bigger problem was ticket prices. Australians have been so spoiled with certain acts that are much cheaper, such as Pink. Paying $500 for a ticket or even $200 for elevation seating was too costly for most. I knew many people who wanted to go, but the cost prohibited them. These were casual fans or just the GP who wanted to see her. I think if they had been able to lower ticket prices, she would have sold out 4 or 5 nights in each city easily. The interest is still there in this country, but the willingness to pay high end is not.

1 minute ago, me1981 said:

Also the bigger problem was ticket prices. Australians have been so spoiled with certain acts that are much cheaper, such as Pink. Paying $500 for a ticket or even $200 for elevation seating was too costly for most. I knew many people who wanted to go, but the cost prohibited them. These were casual fans or just the GP who wanted to see her. I think if they had been able to lower ticket prices, she would have sold out 4 or 5 nights in each city easily. The interest is still there in this country, but the willingness to pay high end is not.

Yea and I think that was the barrier - pretty much half or more of the tickets where $500 +, all of the floor plus first and second and maybe even third where $500 plus.

I hope when and if she comes back that she does the international convention centre here in Sydney - cher performed their and Kylie also - smaller venue and much nicer then the arena.

9 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Yea and I think that was the barrier - pretty much half or more of the tickets where $500 +, all of the floor plus first and second and maybe even third where $500 plus.

I hope when and if she comes back that she does the international convention centre here in Sydney - cher performed their and Kylie also - smaller venue and much nicer then the arena.

she wont be coming back looking at the charting of medellin in australia ...! she said in a interview 

Exactly, the ticket prices were CRAZY for Aussie standards, nose bleeds were $350,00 plus, front row $2000.00 just crazy, that said I went both SYD nights, Madonna could sell multiple nights if the tickets were reasonable, I felt LN did an average job with promotion prior to going on sale, it all felt very clinical, not having a traditional label like Warner's plays against Madonna particularly in Australia, radio is still very dominate. I don't think Madonna will tour Australia this time, I could be wrong. I also think she has saturated many international markets in Europe and the USA 2001, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2015 thats a LOT of touring, they need to be mindful of this. I hope Madonna stops with the late starts, it does not bode well for her and believe it works against her, people feel its a lack of respect, this is where most of the negative media came form on her Aussie visit, I was at the last night 11.30pm start LOL. Also, someone over at another M forum.com mentioned possible theatres for the USA, does anyone have info??

1 hour ago, SecretProject said:

I JUST RECIEVED SET DESIGN PICS! Omg! This is going to be epic but I’m so confused how we’ll be ‘front’ row!

? From where?

50 minutes ago, Madame Dita said:

Exactly, the ticket prices were CRAZY for Aussie standards, nose bleeds were $350,00 plus, front row $2000.00 just crazy, that said I went both SYD nights, Madonna could sell multiple nights if the tickets were reasonable, I felt LN did an average job with promotion prior to going on sale, it all felt very clinical, not having a traditional label like Warner's plays against Madonna particularly in Australia, radio is still very dominate. I don't think Madonna will tour Australia this time, I could be wrong. I also think she has saturated many international markets in Europe and the USA 2001, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2015 thats a LOT of touring, they need to be mindful of this. I hope Madonna stops with the late starts, it does not bode well for her and believe it works against her, people feel its a lack of respect, this is where most of the negative media came form on her Aussie visit, I was at the last night 11.30pm start LOL. Also, someone over at another M forum.com mentioned possible theatres for the USA, does anyone have info??

That too - so while the press were a little harsh, she did not help matters by coming on at 11:30pm, especially the Sunday night show in Brisbane - a lot of the general public who went were not aware that she is always late. Some has babysitters booked, some (most) had to go to to work the next day. 

I don't think there's any problem coming on at 11:30pm or whatever time you want, but put that on the ticket, don't put your start time at 9pm, if that isn't the start time, put 11:30pm.