Madame X Tour May 6 Announcement

Frank

1 minute ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

For me the crowd of RHT was a worse nightmare: everyone was too excited to see Mdonna so close that everyone was busy recording the show with the phone instead of enjoying the show. I wanted to jump and enjoy the show and I got to argue with everyone cuz I was ruining their recording.

On the other hand when I went to the stadium tours like the legendary S&S tour, the crowd was much more on te same page..I could feel the magic and energy of all te crowd dancing and jumping together. On top of that, it feels very empowering to see a stadium fully filled with Madonna fans.

Not to mention that the production, stage design and choreography of Madonna stadium tours like the MDNA and S&S are more elaborated and mind-blowing. I mean, no offence to the RHT but it was the less entertaining tour that she ever done imo.

You have to realize too social media and filming every moment of your life wasn’t as popular yet in 2008 as in 2015. 

3 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

For me the crowd of RHT was a worse nightmare: everyone was too excited to see Madonna so close that everyone was busy recording the show with the phone instead of enjoying the show. I wanted to jump and enjoy the show and I got to argue with everyone cuz I was ruining their recording.

On the other hand when I went to the stadium tours like the legendary S&S tour, the crowd was much more on te same page..I could feel the magic and energy of all the crowd dancing and jumping together. On top of that, it feels very empowering to see a stadium fully filled with Madonna fans.

Not to mention that the production, stage design and choreography of Madonna stadium tours like the MDNA and S&S are more elaborated and mind-blowing. I mean, no offence to the RHT but it was the less entertaining tour that she ever done imo.

I’m with you... MDNA was (unfortunately I didn’t experience S&S ?) wayyyyyy better from RH tour... stage & production

5 minutes ago, Mjviolet89 said:

You have to realize too social media and filming every moment of your life wasn’t as popular yet in 2008 as in 2015. 

Sure, but in a stadium you are not that close to the stage so you cannot record  the show very well. That is why a stadium crowd is more energetic and into the dancing/jumping. You can even make really cool stadium waves with the adience :smile:

Also, I prefer open spaces cuz I'm a smoker and I feel a bit caged inside an arena xD

I'll see which show(s) suits me the best in terms of dates. I wouldn't mind going to Portugal if she comes to Lisbon as i prefer it to Barcelona, even if i'm from Spain. And once thing is really clear for me this time: i don't wanna go through the nightmare of the endless queues again, even with an early entry ticket, spending 10 or 12 or 14 hours waiting. This time i'm going to a seat close to the stage.

1 hour ago, robder said:

Arenas are horribly corporate and the atmos is sterile.

I want egalitarian stadiums - hysteria, screaming, moshing, football stadium cheers, no golden circle privileges and flying cups of piss (!) :laughing:

It beats being ushered into a seat with the feeling that you need to be on your best behaviour whilst surrounded by banking logos and high rollers who have paid for front seats - yuck.

That or dingy, one off, basement club appearances like Prince did please.

Have you ever been to M concert in stadium ?

I saw all M concert in France since 2001 and the worst experiences ever were in stadium. There's no hysteria. It's the worst place to make a concert. Everything is far. The sound is crap. Arena are absolutely far away much better. Can't even compare.

2 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

I saw all M concert in France since 2001 and the worst experiences ever were in stadium. There's no hysteria. It's the worst place to make a concert. Everything is far. The sound is crap. Arena are absolutely far away much better. Can't even compare.

Yes.

I always find these more hysterical and I come away feeling I've participated, rather than herded into a theatre with seat allocations (boring). My best experiences have always been in stadiums - people are generally more hyped.

Sound issues are less common in arenas, granted - but this isn't true across the board. 

The Glastonbury pyramid speakers really hit you in the gut for instance and are really nicely balanced.

In Paris it was a nightmare. Even beeing a first row for S&ST in september 2008... It was just boring. The stage was not good for a stadium.

When she did S&ST in Arena the year after, the show was incredible. Of course the idea of seeing almost the same show a year after was kind of funny. Like a revival of a memory.

Anyway, new arena in Paris La Défense is almost big like a stadium.... Haven't been there yet.

Guest Sonny

A question for you guys living in Europe (especially Germany): how much do you think will a ticket cost? Like for a middle section or so. I have never been to a M concert and I would really want to see her this time around but I hope I can afford it :seeno:

12 minutes ago, Sonny said:

A question for you guys living in Europe (especially Germany): how much do you think will a ticket cost? Like for a middle section or so. I have never been to a M concert and I would really want to see her this time around but I hope I can afford it :seeno:

Too expensive since Live Nation has taken the control of it....

90 to 200€

1 hour ago, shakeyerdix said:

I have been to M stadium tours and I'm sorry but the hype for a stadium concert is way bigger!

Also, I got an honest question for you: is the sound the thing that you care most in a Madonna concert?

To me what makes Madonna concert more unique than any other concert is the over the top theatrics, the pioneering stage design, the energetic choreography and the mind-blowing visuals. An arena tour will lower the level of all those things. 

1 hour ago, Frank said:

i don't wanna go through the nightmare of the endless queues again, even with an early entry ticket, spending 10 or 12 or 14 hours waiting. 

I don't mind queuing at all, for my queen. It is very exciting to camp the night before outside a stadium with all other fans...it makes the all experience feel very memorable. Moreover, bigger queue equals bigger success. 

Don't you guys like if Madonna breaks more tour records? I don't buy the rumor that she struggles to sells stadiums, cuz she ain't done yet. She's a legendary tour force and arena tour ain't gonna break any records but lower her status as touring force.

43 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

In Paris it was a nightmare. Even beeing a first row for S&ST in september 2008... It was just boring. The stage was not good for a stadium.

When she did S&ST in Arena the year after, the show was incredible. Of course the idea of seeing almost the same show a year after was kind of funny. Like a revival of a memory.

Anyway, new arena in Paris La Défense is almost big like a stadium.... Haven't been there yet.

Sticky and Sweet mosh pit at Wembley ranks as one of my faves.

This gig wasn't without issues though - I think one of the back speakers failed so folks at the rear had an entirely different experience.

I just don't particularly like the O2 as a venue - it's sanitised and dull, lacking all the elements that make a gig feel lawless and exciting. Sound is great though! And Prince did a grand job in there for his Planet Earth tour.

37 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

Agree. My worst Madonna concert experience was the MDNA show @ Yankee Stadium. Paid $350.00 + taxes + fees for a seat to the far left of the stage. And that was purchased through the early fan ticket sale. And never got the key chain gift for the purchase. Anyhow, ended up watching the side video for the whole show. Couldn’t see a damn thing happening on the stage. Felt ripped off. 

At a later arena show @ Atlantic City, which I’d gotten the tickets through EBay for less than $200.00. Guess what, the seats were awesome & I could enjoy the whole live show.

Based on my experience, I enjoy arena shows a great deal more than a stadium show due to better seating & much better sound. And I seem to be able to buy tickets for better seats when purchasing closer to the show date as opposed to those advanced sale. I’m just speaking for myself as others may have totally different experiences.

Just now, groovyguy said:

ended up watching the side video for the whole show. Couldn’t see a damn thing happening on the stage. Felt ripped off. 

Folks in Hyde Park said the same for MDNA - but they were further back. We were at the front and completely immersed.

Fight to the front and the atmosphere is way better than anything else - plus the crowd is better - they've worked to get there and not lazily shelled out £1000 from their trust funds.

5 minutes ago, robder said:

Folks in Hyde Park said the same for MDNA - but they were further back. We were at the front and completely immersed.

Fight to the front and the atmosphere is way better than anything else - plus the crowd is better - they've worked to get there and not lazily shelled out £1000 from their trust funds.

I agree. if you wanna see Madonna up close you should fight for it imo

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Die Preise für die Rebel Heart Tour in Berlin, am 10.11.2015 waren relativ überschaubar, muss ich sagen...

Habe für dich mal die Preise von Eventim rausgesucht von damals:

• Kategorie 1 / Normalpreis: Sitzplatz, € 195,40

• Kategorie 2 / Normalpreis: Sitzplatz, € 132,15

• Kategorie 3 / Normalpreis: Stehplatz - Innenraum, € 109,15

• Kategorie 4 / Normalpreis: Sitzplatz, € 86,15

• Kategorie 5 / Normalpreis: Sitzplatz, € 57,40