Madame X Tour May 6 Announcement

Frank

But she is alienating alot of fans with this tour. I have casual fans and non-fans that come with me to her tours and love it but they have said they don't want to go this time because of prices. Sorry but I do not think it is ok to lock out fans who want to see her in favour of only fans that can affotd huge prices or are lucky enough to get tickets. It is a bad move.

Tickets for her tour have expensive for a while, many fans could not even afford tickets for previous tours. This time the situation is even worse of course but I don’t think she will lose a huge number of fans... many won’t be able to go but because the venues are smaller (and very likely many territories left out) this would be the case even with cheaper tickets.

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

This theater tour is designed for her rich hardcore fans. Genetal public and casual fans will not spend this money to go see her so she will not gain new younger fans, only make money of the hardcore ones that have money so I think this is a bad move for her. She is constantly ruining her own legacy.

Lmfao her new music is not gaining new fans, that is the issue. 

By doing a very unique and elitist tour, Madonna is keeping her legacy of pioneering performer alive. 

She would have ruined her legacy by doing another arena tour like the RHT. I'm sorry but to see Madonna up close is a luxury and therefore got to be expensive. 

Anyway, there are tickets around 100$ in the far away rows...the vip package includes not only front row but also pictures on the stage with Madonna and backstage stuff. It really cannot be cheap cuz Madonna is not Cher. Madonna is a real legend and a picture with her is something very valuable. Unfortunately, we are living in a world in which the value of things is measured with money.

5 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

Anyway, there are tickets around 100$ in the far away rows...

Exactly! Even as low as 53.50$ for the seats in the mezzanine area (the LA venue) so I don't get all this drama?

I can't afford my own private jet - then if I need to go somewhere I get my ass on a Ryanair flight.

Same thing here - if you can't afford a front row ticket, get yourself a ticket further back. EASY PEASY!

14 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

Lmfao her new music is not gaining new fans, that is the issue.

I would even say her new music alienates her old fans, rather than gaining new ones. She needs to do something about that. Urgently.

Touring vs not touring, big venues vs small venues, cheap tickets vs expensive tickets is secondary in that respect.

I’m really excited about this concept. So many fans are fed up of hearing Like a Virgin, La Isla Bonita, Like a Prayer, Music etc., but that’s what she’s got to do to fill out arenas and stadiums. An intimate theatre experience should allow much more flexibility in the set-list, so perhaps she’ll perform some more obscure singles like Bad Girl, Love Profusion, I Want You, or What It Feels Like For A Girl? Maybe she’ll play some deeper album cuts like Skin, Promise To Try or Survival?

I’ve been a fan since I was 13, now 38. I’ve seen every tour since Drowned World, and seen each tour 4 times on average. I’ve seen her perform in arenas, in stadiums and in parks. I’ve been in a TV audience, in G-A-Y promoting Confessions and in HMV record store when American Life was released.

I can honestly say, the best experiences were always the most intimate. You trim away the casual fans and your left with the die-hards. There’s a sense of grandeur and glory in bigger venues, but they’re never very good shows - the sound is crap, you have to wait around for ages, you can’t go to the toilet without loosing your place. Outdoor shows usually start when it’s still light outside, so you don’t get to see the stage lighting and effects properly for the first half hour. There’s always some a-hole who spills beer on the floor or someone else blowing cigarette smoke in your face... it’s not a great experience.

But if she really wanted to do all that again (and who says she won’t), Madonna could easily do a Blond Ambition Tour revival, similar to what U2 and Bruce Springsteen did with their revival tours for The Joshua Tree and The River respectively. It would make a tonne of money and maybe she might do that for her retirement. But for now, she has for more creative things to say and do. She’s not a greatest hits jukebox, but an artist, and my only hope and expectation is that she fulfils her creative needs first and foremost. If she can do that, then I’m sure I’ll enjoy it too.

2 minutes ago, tajybajyboo said:

I’m really excited about this concept. So many fans are fed up of hearing Like a Virgin, La Isla Bonita, Like a Prayer, Music etc., but that’s what she’s got to do to fill out arenas and stadiums. An intimate theatre experience should allow much more flexibility in the set-list, so perhaps she’ll perform some more obscure singles like Bad Girl, Love Profusion, I Want You, or What It Feels Like For A Girl? Maybe she’ll play some deeper album cuts like Skin, Promise To Try or Survival?

I’ve been a fan since I was 13, now 38. I’ve seen every tour since Drowned World, and seen each tour 4 times on average. I’ve seen her perform in arenas, in stadiums and in parks. I’ve been in a TV audience, in G-A-Y promoting Confessions and in HMV record store when American Life was released.

I can honestly say, the best experiences were always the most intimate. You trim away the casual fans and your left with the die-hards. There’s a sense of grandeur and glory in bigger venues, but they’re never very good shows - the sound is crap, you have to wait around for ages, you can’t go to the toilet without loosing your place. Outdoor shows usually start when it’s still light outside, so you don’t get to see the stage lighting and effects properly for the first half hour. There’s always some a-hole who spills beer on the floor or someone else blowing cigarette smoke in your face... it’s not a great experience.

But if she really wanted to do all that again (and who says she won’t), Madonna could easily do a Blond Ambition Tour revival, similar to what U2 and Bruce Springsteen did with their revival tours for The Joshua Tree and The River respectively. It would make a tonne of money and maybe she might do that for her retirement. But for now, she has for more creative things to say and do. She’s not a greatest hits jukebox, but an artist, and my only hope and expectation is that she fulfils her creative needs first and foremost. If she can do that, then I’m sure I’ll enjoy it too.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

image.png

There is something I still don't understand.

The blue, yellow and purple areas are not only for the VIP tickets (Crave, Come alive and Dark Ballet) but also for regular tickets at 360-760 dollars. Does this mean that you may still get to seat in the front rows at half orice? Maybe on the sides?

Then of course the last part of tge stalls (orange) is cheaper, and so are loge and mezzanine.

To give those who are not familiar with theatres an idea, this is a view from Mezzanine in Wiltern LA. This only costs 53 dollars! Still acceptable, it is a 2000 seats theatre.

tlawl-20180729184721.jpg

This is MDNA in Ney York:

newyorkcity_060912_steven_stadium.jpg

So I think the problem is:

- many of us will have to give up the idea of staing close to the stage

- the fight this time will be for the few seats that are far but cheap!

Guest Sonny
3 minutes ago, Enrico said:

the fight this time will be for the few seats that are far but cheap!

That is the main problem I think. They will be gone in less than a nanosecond...

10 minutes ago, tajybajyboo said:

I agree with you, the big shows are tiring and also the fans are getting old, they can't stand for 14 hours and need to go to the toilet sometime :lord:

But I really hope this new project pushes M not to be lazy, to change her repertoire, to experiment with musicians. She has been doing the same safe "routine" for years now, in live shows, she needs to be willing to try something new. I hope she will.

3 minutes ago, DJ Flange said:

There will be only a few rows at VIP in each section so still seats in those sections available at the lower price

Which means that you are paying 700 euros and not 1400!

Which is still a lot, but someway more acceptable!

I honestly don't give a f*** about the red carpet!

I'd love the backstage tour, though...

32 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

Anyway, there are tickets around 100$ in the far away rows...the vip package includes not only front row but also pictures on the stage with Madonna and backstage stuff. It really cannot be cheap cuz Madonna is not Cher. She is a real legend and a picture with her is something very valuable. Unfortunately, we are living in a world in which the value of things is measured with money.

Problem is the picture is without Madonna

Otherwise I may even pay the price!

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

That is the main problem I think. They will be gone in less than a nanosecond...

Why is it so hard to understand that she DOESN'T WANT to do stadiums and other big venues this time??? For whatever reasons it may be.

Yes, the amount of cheap tickets is limited this time, but it looks like she'll be playing more dates per city than she usually does and that way everyone is given a fair chance to see her without paying an arm and a leg.

Does that mean we're all guaranteed a cheap ticket? No! So what, we all get disappointed from time to time when we don't get what we want. Boo-effing-hoo! It's not like she owes us anything or it's our undisputed right to see her show for whatever price we decide is appropriate.

23 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Does this mean that you may still get to seat in the front rows at half orice? Maybe on the sides?

I believe it's been broken down several times in this forum, not sure why people don't bother reading before asking questions - the top prices are for the VIP PACKAGES (including premium seats, hotel reservations, merch, backstage access, concierge service etc etc).

If you're not interested in any of that extra stuff and only want a premium seat you pay less. And if those premium seats at 360.50 per ticket are still too expensive for you - you're given a chance to buy a ticket further back in the venue for as low as 53.50 - which is a pretty fair deal to me.

Wait a minute! Ok i just remembered something like a week ago or so I saw pics of a stage that looked like was in the works and it had a big X in the middle so i thought they were working on the stage and it was going to be a world tour. does anyone remember seeing those pics?

8 minutes ago, 9oldfrapp said:

I believe it's been broken down several times in this forum, not sure why people don't bother reading before asking questions - the top prices are for the VIP PACKAGES (including premium seats, hotel reservations, merch, backstage access, concierge service etc etc).

If you're not interested in any of that extra stuff and only want a premium seat you pay less. And if those premium seats at 360.50 per ticket are still too expensive for you - you're given a chance to buy a ticket further back in the venue for as low as 53.50 - which is a pretty fair deal to me.

I am sorry but if you have been to a Madonna concert before and wanted to stay close to the stage the only way was to buy vip = premium seats or early entry. 

I am not intetested in the extra stuff but I was never able to find a premium seat without a VIP package, despite using the ICON presale. Did you?

2 minutes ago, rebelheart29 said:

Wait a minute! Ok i just remembered something like a week ago or so I saw pics of a stage that looked like was in the works and it had a big X in the middle so i thought they were working on the stage and it was going to be a world tour. does anyone remember seeing those pics?

You can find it in this Tour thread, but it was just a fan project:

1 minute ago, Enrico said:

I am sorry but if you have been to a Madonna concert before and wanted to stay close to the stage the only way was to buy vip = premium seats or early entry.

What do you mean "early entry"?? These are SEATED venues. I've been to 16 Madonna concerts and yes, I had to get Early entry / VIP / Golden circle tickets when I wanted to be close to the stage. But she's never played theatres on her previous tours, so I don't really get the comparison there.