Madame X Tour May 6 Announcement

Frank

5 minutes ago, 9oldfrapp said:

What do you mean "early entry"?? These are SEATED venues. I've been to 16 Madonna concerts and yes, I had to get Early entry / VIP / Golden circle tickets when I wanted to be close to the stage. But she's never played theatres on her previous tours, so I don't really get the comparison there.

When I went to seated venues, like London or Glasgow in RHT, the only way to get the first 20 rows was to buy a VIP package. Even if I entered first with Icon presale. There was no chance to get good seats without. Did you ever attend shows with seated floor like Uk or US?

3 minutes ago, rebelheart29 said:

oh. so it's fake the stage i mean?

Who said she's definitely not doing stadium/arena shows in a few selected locations in 2020?? I don't see any logistic problems doing one stadium show and 5-7 small theatre shows in the same city at the same time.

To me this tour feels like a natural progression 

MDNA Tour -> FREE triangle tickets that anyone can win

Rebel Heart Tour -> Tons of super expensive tickets close to the stage where her rich stans can get the opportunity to go on stage (but mostly celebrities anyway)

TOAC -> FREE show where her hardcore fans are rewarded with the opportunity of seeing her perform rare cuts in an intimate setting

MADAME X Tour -> Super expensive tickets for her rich stans or possible not even stans but rich casuals on an intimate setting. 

I know it's impossible for Madonna to do an intimate tour without it having high ticket prices but it does feel excessive and elitist. All this stuff to make it sound better like "red carpet" lol, irrelevant gifts or "merch buying opportunities" just make it sound ridiculous. It feels like cashing in on her name as much as possible and pushing it as far as possible. Maybe she's preparing for the incoming apocalypse or something.... :sis:

4 minutes ago, Enrico said:

When I went to seated venues, like London or Glasgow in RHT, the only way to get the first 20 rows was to buy a VIP package. Even if I entered first with Icon presale. There was no chance to get good seats without.

There hasn't been any official statement about the tour, let alone about the ticket sale procedure and people are already beside themselves!

22 minutes ago, Fighter said:

All this stuff to make it sound better like "red carpet" lol, irrelevant gifts or "merch buying opportunities" just make it sound ridiculous. It feels like cashing in on her name as much as possible and pushing it as far as possible. Maybe she's preparing for the incoming apocalypse or something.... :sis:

Yeah what they are offering as extras is basically nothing!

That is why I think that no one would choose the vip ticket unless it was the only way to sit in the front... although they pretend you can also just buy the 1st category ticket.

21 minutes ago, 9oldfrapp said:

There hasn't been any official statement about the tour, let alone about the ticket sale procedure and people are already beside themselves!

Sorry, but I am just curious to know if anyone in previous tours managed to sit in the front without Vip packages (which have nothing to do with travel + hotel packages), because it is not as easy as you put it...

1 minute ago, 9oldfrapp said:

And that statement is based on what evidence???

Personal experience. Never succeeding in finding a single seat in the first 20 rows without a VIP package.

That is why I am asking what the situation in the US was.

And that is why I am telling you that when you write "not sure why people don't bother reading before asking questions - If you're not interested in any of that extra stuff and only want a premium seat you pay less", I can assure you that as a PhD teacher I bother reading but I was never able to do what you say. But I really hope you are right!

7 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Sorry, but I am just curious to know if anyone in previous tours managed to sit in the front without Vip packages (which have nothing to do with travel + hotel packages), because it is not as easy as you put it...

No matter what they're called - these are all different types of packages, meaning that you get more than just the entry ticket to attend the show. If you're willing or able to pay for the extras - that's a different question. And yes, I know people who got in the front rows by purchasing their ticket without having to get the package or VIP deals.

30 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Was anyone able to sit in the first rows without having to buy a VIP ticket?

Like for US venues in Rebel Heart Tour.

London was impossible, even if I was looking for 1 single ticket.

Yes, but you usually have to wait til very last minute close to the show, assuming they haven't sold out and get released.  Of course this doesn't work so well if you have to travel to see the show the begin with...

58 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Was anyone able to sit in the first rows without having to buy a VIP ticket?

Like for US venues in Rebel Heart Tour.

London was impossible, even if I was looking for 1 single ticket.

I went to 7 shows (5 of which were planned) and never paid for a VIP package. I actually tried to not get good tickets from Icon and tried for further back Heart Stage ones which was actually harder to do. Aside from the shows where I purposely tried for Heart Stage I got 8th Row in Montreal, 2nd Row in Quebec City, 13th row in Toronto. The first night in Miami I actually ended up with a front row ticket about a week before I left Canada and the other I bought off another Icon member. 

11 minutes ago, SimonVenekeo said:

I went to 7 shows (5 of which were planned) and never paid for a VIP package. I actually tried to not get good tickets from Icon and tried for further back Heart Stage ones which was actually harder to do. Aside from the shows where I purposely tried for Heart Stage I got 8th Row in Montreal, 2nd Row in Quebec City, 13th row in Toronto. The first night in Miami I actually ended up with a front row ticket about a week before I left Canada and the other I bought off another Icon member. 

So if I understand well, you didn't buy them immediately but waited? Where and when did you buy? The Icon presale is not selling everything available?
Thanks for the info. Obviously we had a lot of great options for RHT, the Heart and the Stage. I also bought a viagogo cheap ticket that ended up being very very close to the Stage!
I fear this time it might be even harder because first row is just about 40 seats...

2 hours ago, 9oldfrapp said:

Exactly! Even as low as 53.50$ for the seats in the mezzanine area (the LA venue) so I don't get all this drama?

I can't afford my own private jet - then if I need to go somewhere I get my ass on a Ryanair flight.

Same thing here - if you can't afford a front row ticket, get yourself a ticket further back. EASY PEASY!

It's going to be a war for the 50$ tickets. A total online battlezone.

30 minutes ago, Enrico said:

So if I understand well, you didn't buy them immediately but waited? Where and when did you buy? The Icon presale is not selling everything available?
Thanks for the info. Obviously we had a lot of great options for RHT, the Heart and the Stage. I also bought a viagogo cheap ticket that ended up being very very close to the Stage!
I fear this time it might be even harder because first row is just about 40 seats...

All but Miami I bought from the Icon presale and they offered a good amount of seats for fans! In Montreal The entire row as well as the one in front of me was all Icon members! 

I bet they will bring back the Live Pass ($25-35 USD I can't remember the price), which allowed you to buy 4 tickets, and it allowed you to buy an hour after Legacy Icon members purchased at 10 am, so it's basically the leftovers of that sale so what you get is pure luck.

1 minute ago, SimonVenekeo said:

I bet they will bring back the Live Pass ($25-35 USD I can't remember the price), which allowed you to buy 4 tickets, and it allowed you to buy an hour after Legacy Icon members purchased at 10 am, so it's basically the leftovers of that sale so what you get is pure luck.

Actually I am a Legacy Member, this is why I wonder why I didn't get any seats in the front...

1 minute ago, Enrico said:

Actually I am a Legacy Member, this is why I wonder why I didn't get any seats in the front...

Aaah, well I mean let's be real they're gonna be generous to us fans, but they wanna make all those front row and first 5 rows as many VIP's as possible lol.

tumblr_nhauf8p2HH1sop09ko1_500.gif

I'm a Legacy member too, and I just wanna stick with the $350 tickets which was my plan all along for buying tickets no matter what her venue choices were, so I'm just hoping there will be enough options when I manage to get into the sale. Trying to buy off Ticketmaster in the last year has been worse than ever which is more of my concern.