Madame X Tour May 6 Announcement

Frank

14 minutes ago, Occidental said:

These smaller venues concern me. For potentially high prices can it be gaurenteed she is singing live? Will she be rambling to the audience telling poor jokes and advocating world peace? Will a seated audience mean very little atmosphere? Madonna always feeds off audience energy. Sixty is not that old. Is she playing into the hands of her critics by implying she's too old to handle arena shows. We all know Madonna gets bored quickly with a show when she's touring - she says she enjoys the first two and last two weeks. She may be performing far more shows than in previous tours to play to far less people. Will her voice hold out? Will she become bored and tired sooner? Small venues present many technical restrictions. 

On the plus side there will be less room for shitty editing which made the last two tour dvds unwatchable. 

On the plus side there will be less room for shitty editing which made the last two tour dvds unwatchable. 

lol

this is kinda true 

Madonna to stage mini-residency at London Palladium for most intimate gigs in years

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/madonna-proves-shes-still-vogue-15001673

Madonna is set to prove she is still in Vogue, with a new tour including several gigs at the London Palladium.

The Queen of Pop, 60, is expected to unveil a mini-residency at the world-famous theatre, with tickets likely to sell out in minutes.

A source said: “It’s going to be the hottest ticket in town for years.”The 2,000-seat shows will be some of Madonna’s most intimate, with the Like A Prayer singer usually performing at huge arenas.

It is not yet known what other venues will feature on the tour.

Her last tour was the £120mil­­lion-plus-grossing Rebel Heart, which started in September 2015 – months after she took a tumble off the stage at the Brits.

Madonna recently said of her live shows: “I’ve done so many – world tours, stadiums, sports arenas… I feel like I have to reinvent that too.”She is making a comeback, with her 14th album, Madame X, due out on June 14. And she was in London recently to debut the video for new song Medellin.

It's the ticket touts that always threaten events such as this. I saw Kate Bush a few years ago at the Eventim Apollo. There were only a few thousand people each night. Quite a few people around me appeared not to really want to be there and spent quite alot if time chatting and texting on their phones. 

London theatre critics will be out in force for this show. They will not accept miming or singing along to a backing track. 

I have been a fan for over 35 years but I am now tired of her narcissistic comments about how the world is punishing her for being 60. Never seen Barbara Streisand or Cher do that. They just continue to release albums and put on great shows in large venues. 

If anything, Madonna is being punished for making mediocre music. I expect far more from music I listen to than I did 30 years ago. There is such strong lyrics being put out by bands like 1975. Really political stuff. Madonna can't match these. She's surrounded herself with the same team for years now. She really has become a self fulling proficy. She has become stagnant. Oh, Kevin antunes, Jaime King again? Let's see. 

13 minutes ago, Occidental said:

It's the ticket touts that always threaten events such as this. I saw Kate Bush a few years ago at the Eventim Apollo. There were only a few thousand people each night. Quite a few people around me appeared not to really want to be there and spent quite alot if time chatting and texting on their phones. 

London theatre critics will be out in force for this show. They will not accept miming or singing along to a backing track. 

I have been a fan for over 35 years but I am now tired of her narcissistic comments about how the world is punishing her for being 60. Never seen Barbara Streisand or Cher do that. They just continue to release albums and put on great shows in large venues. 

If anything, Madonna is being punished for making mediocre music. I expect far more from music I listen to than I did 30 years ago. There is such strong lyrics being put out by bands like 1975. Really political stuff. Madonna can't match these. She's surrounded herself with the same team for years now. She really has become a self fulling proficy. She has become stagnant. Oh, Kevin antunes, Jaime King again? Let's see. 

To defend madonna i do not see cher or barbara getting the shit over age like madonna does ! 

20 minutes ago, Occidental said:

tbh i wouldnt call chers shows great lol ...ive seen her twice and to be honest i did not enjoy it and the whole abba cover album is just cringe for me ...ive never seen barbara live so i would not know but she is so different to madonna ..barbara never gets any shit for her age ..

Just now, Occidental said:

Because they choose not to whinge and whine about it in a public way. 

well because they dont get shit like madonna does over her age ...they just dont and i actually do think she is being bullied over her age ...a man would not ...its sexist ..

god why are all the newcomers on this forum just negative lol 

The London Palladium is a gorgeous and historic venue.  I can see, if it is true, why she picked it.

I hope that these smaller venue shows are a prelude to a full on World Tour - as that's where the £$£$£££$$ is to be made.  Perhaps these are to build up the hype for the World Tour and keep people talking about it.

This era is proving very interesting to watch.

4 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

after last time ..i doubt she will come back lol...

it will just be london and i hate the look of the place she will be performing 

I missed her last time which is i'm hoping to see her this time. It will actually be my first time seeing her live ! 

I'm hoping they aren't smaller shows building up to a world tour as the last time she did that she was only on stage for an half an hour or so I think 

I don't want to buy tickets twice :-(

1 minute ago, P A P i said:

The London Palladium is a gorgeous and historic venue.  I can see, if it is true, why she picked it.

I hope that these smaller venue shows are a prelude to a full on World Tour - as that's where the £$£$£££$$ is to be made.  Perhaps these are to build up the hype for the World Tour and keep people talking about it.

This era is proving very interesting to watch.

£$£$£££$$ is to be made. 

if the tickets are high in price ...she would prob make more money and profit than that of a arena tour