Madame X Tour May 6 Announcement

Frank

Sorry to hear that, hope she’ll restore your faith in her one day!

On the 2009 leg of Sticky & Sweet she was supposed to come to Ljubljana but it was cancelled. I was 13 years old and the day she cancelled I wrote down all the offensive words for her I could find. I visited the venue she was supposed to play and sat there for hours imagining I’m watching the show. Obviously I’m still a die-hard fan so yes, my faith will return. Probably by Wednesday

8 minutes ago, 9oldfrapp said:

There’s absolutely no demand for her to justify stadium tours anymore.

I disagree. I think Madonna could still fill stadiums in the EU, SA and Asia. For instance, during the RHT she had to add multiples arena dates in the EU states to be able to satisfy the demand, when she could have just had 1 or 2 stadium dates for country. She's clearly doing theaters for artistic reasons, not commercial ones.

At this moment Madonna has already canceled two Facebook posts (TWO POSTS!!! Not the comments ...) because there are too many angry people who are expressing their  disappointment. I

I think this is already the result of a test that went wrong. 

Sorry guys, but being a "real" fan doesn't mean having to approve any choice or anything thing she decides to do.

We all have a brain to think by ourselves.

Or maybe not for you?

2 minutes ago, Ambrose said:

On the 2009 leg of Sticky & Sweet she was supposed to come to Ljubljana but it was cancelled.

Sticky & Sweet was shit anyway, so you didn’t miss much. I saw it 6 or 7 times, hoping it would get better. And sorry to report - it didn’t happen. LOL :)

MDNA was slightly better, and RHT below all standards (Eurovision is better for crying out loud!) So I’m VERY excited that she’s shaking things up a bit with this new theatre concept. 

37 minutes ago, SimonVenekeo said:

This is what I'm understanding as well. Someone mentioned they may choose for you which date you get.

For all registrants: You are eligible to submit up to one (1) Program registration during the Registration Period for each city, regardless of method or combination of methods of registration or number of registrations submitted. Registrants may select up to four (4) tickets per show, although tickets for no more than one (1) show will be processed per registrant, with the exception of ICON Fan Club Members who are eligible for a total of up to four (4) tickets for one (1) show in up to two (2) cities. 

Not only will they choose which date you get, which will likely be filled from least popular first, but if you apply for multiple cities, they can choose the least popular city too.  The disclaimer is very clear that you must be willing to travel to any of the cities for which you indicate interest.

2 minutes ago, Rupert76 said:

At this moment Madonna has already canceled two Facebook posts (TWO POSTS!!! Not the comments ...) because there are too many angry people who are expressing their  disappointment. I

Sorry guys, but being a "real" fan doesn't mean having to approve any choice or anything thing she decides to do.

Or maybe not for you?

People would complain if she cured bloody cancer!

It's her life and she can tour however she likes. I find fans complaining about it completely ridiculous when she's toured a lot in the last decade. 

7 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

Not only will they choose which date you get, which will likely be filled from least popular first, but if you apply for multiple cities, they can choose the least popular city too.  The disclaimer is very clear that you must be willing to travel to any of the cities for which you indicate interest.

I’m also like “should I wear a suit & tie?” This isn’t a hot dogs and beer at the arena affair, which is intriguing.

https://www.bam.org/rentals/howard-gilman-opera-house?alttemplate=MobilePage

looks beautiful 

http://levyarchive.bam.org/Detail/collections/10607

amazing photo archive of the opera house

Or maybe not for you?

The shows will still sell out no matter what. I think some fans complaining will not bother her whatsoever. She must have expected the backlash.

Besides, comments on her Facebook posts are always largely negative and often offensive.

5 minutes ago, graffitiheart89 said:

People would complain if she cured bloody cancer!

It's her life and she can tour however she likes. I find fans complaining about it completely ridiculous when she's toured a lot in the last decade. 

Wrong. It's crap when she doesn't come anywhere near you. I mean, the ticket prices plus the airfare, etc. adds up very quickly, especially if you want to take additional people. I'm not poor, but I'm certainly not rich, either.

I promised someone I would take them to her next tour (this person has limited means) and now I'm not sure if even I want to go myself. This person is in addition to my partner, which I would of course be paying for as well.

look... im not even gonna lie, i was expecting a HUGE tour this time, because even though i love rebel heart tour, i was living my best madonna life fan at 2012 and mdna tour at stadiums was really something. i was like with this image of her in my head, like she's the stadium queen, she really can make a stadium crowded with fans jump, sing and just have the time of their lives.

HOWEVER, madonna played only at theatres when? at the virgin tour? since then she's been playing arenas, stadiums, and even bigger places like city of rock here in brazil. so... this is why i am KINDA excited for what she's planning to do at a theatre. i trust her and her vision, and even though i expected something WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY bigger, it is MADONNA that we are talking about. we're not talking about any artist, it is about MADONNA. she doesnt have anything left to prove, she reinvented herself for all these years, and a theatre tour is a reinvention at her career. im sorry for everyone that can't go (i'm not going either lmao but hi bootlegs i see you and i can't wait to watch/listen you!) but lets trust her. she's madonna after all, she's the fucking queen. it doesnt matter where she's playing, you know that she's gonna BRING IT cePYWn9.gif

4 minutes ago, Ambrose said:

The shows will still sell out no matter what. I think some fans complaining will not bother her whatsoever. She must have expected the backlash.

Besides, comments on her Facebook posts are always largely negative and often offensive.

I'm sure they will. It's very convenient for people who live in or near these larger metropolitan areas, but as I've previously stated, I live in Knoxville, TN, so there are additional logistical factors that come into play.

I'm disappointed as are others and we are allowed to feel that way. 

I'm sure they will. It's very convenient for people who live in or near these larger metropolitan areas, but as I've previously stated, I live in Knoxville, TN, so there are additional logistical factors that come into play.
I'm disappointed as are others and we are allowed to feel that way. 

I’m in the same boat and I have been complaining about it as well.

My post was a response to the poster (and others) who are hoping that Facebook comments or commercial failure of the tour will make her change her mind. It’s not going to happen.

7 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

I promised someone I would take them to her next tour (this person has limited means) and now I'm not sure if even I want to go myself. This person is in addition to my partner, which I would of course be paying for as well.

I think you should try and get this piece of information to Madonna’s management IMMEDIATELY. Clearly they have overlooked this and will get it right as soon as they realise what a terrible mistake they’ve done!!!

3 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

Wrong. It's crap when she doesn't come anywhere near you. I mean, the ticket prices plus the airfare, etc. adds up very quickly, especially if you want to take additional people. I'm not poor, but I'm certainly not rich, either.

Right so because she's chosen to only tour in very select places, you're having a hissy fit? She doesn't have to tour if she doesn't want to, she's 60 years old with 2 very young children and touring obviously puts a strain on her and her relationships with them. 

I'll be disappointed if I don't get to see her live, but I'm certainly not going to bitch and moan about it, no one should ever demand such things of a another person. 

17 minutes ago, Rupert76 said:

Or maybe not for you?

So we don't have a brain if we accept that she'll do a theatre tour ?

:Madonna032:

1 minute ago, 9oldfrapp said:

I think you should try and get this piece of information to Madonna’s management IMMEDIATELY. Clearly they have overlooked this and will get it right as soon as they realise what a terrible mistake they’ve done!!!

Well, there is no need to be a jerk. I'm simply stating that this has made it difficult for me to keep my word. Your rude remarks are unnecessary.

3 minutes ago, graffitiheart89 said:

Right so because she's chosen to only tour in very select places, you're having a hissy fit? She doesn't have to tour if she doesn't want to, she's 60 years old with 2 very young children and touring obviously puts a strain on her and her relationships with them. 

I'll be disappointed if I don't get to see her live, but I'm certainly not going to bitch and moan about it, no one should ever demand such things of a another person. 

Oh please! I'm not throwing a "hissy fit" I'm disappointed, BIG DIFFERENCE. There is also a difference between select cities and making it difficult for half of the US population to see her. I'm curious to know where you are located... The website is also somewhat confusing. I did put in tickets and chose the areas I would be interested in, but it shows 2 items in the cart and I selected 3 potential tickets... is it because I chose 2 nights?

2 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

Well, there is no need to be a jerk. I'm simply stating that this has made it difficult for me to keep my word. Your rude remarks are unnecessary.

You think I’m rude?

I think people’s sense of entitlement is rude. I don’t think anyone here is in a position to make any demands regarding Madonna’s way of doing her job.

12 minutes ago, Militei said:

look... im not even gonna lie, i was expecting a HUGE tour this time, because even though i love rebel heart tour, i was living my best madonna life fan at 2012 and mdna tour at stadiums was really something. i was like with this image of her in my head, like she's the stadium queen, she really can make a stadium crowded with fans jump, sing and just have the time of their lives.

HOWEVER, madonna played only at theatres when? at the virgin tour? since then she's been playing arenas, stadiums, and even bigger places like city of rock here in brazil. so... this is why i am KINDA excited for what she's planning to do at a theatre. i trust her and her vision, and even though i expected something WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY bigger, it is MADONNA that we are talking about. we're not talking about any artist, it is about MADONNA. she doesnt have anything left to prove, she reinvented herself for all these years, and a theatre tour is a reinvention at her career. im sorry for everyone that can't go (i'm not going either lmao but hi bootlegs i see you and i can't wait to watch/listen you!) but lets trust her. she's madonna after all, she's the fucking queen. it doesnt matter where she's playing, you know that she's gonna BRING IT cePYWn9.gif

Same, I only got to see MDNA Tour and Rebel Heart Tour so this is why I was planning like 7 cities and could been like 14 shows knowing she was gonna slow down in some capacity. This isn't what I wanted, but at the same time I'm getting to see Madonna so that's what mattered most.