Madame X Tour May 6 Announcement

Frank

Just now, 9oldfrapp said:

You think I’m rude?

I think people’s sense of entitlement is rude. I don’t think anyone here is in a position to make any demands regarding Madonna’s way of doing her job.

I believe her *job* is to be Madonna. I'm not saying that I mind going a bit out of my way to see her show, and I don't mind paying for the ticket, but this complete change of format as well as extremely limited venues makes it even more difficult for her fans, you know, the people who MADE her, to see her and enjoy the experience. If she were at least coming to Atlanta I would be ok, but the closest venue to me is 8 hours away. So, I have a reason to be disappointed. 

And yes, I think you're rude.

43 minutes ago, 9oldfrapp said:

Huge success my arse! She’s been touring way too much (contrary to what most you here think!) and oversaturated the market. There’s absolutely no demand for her to justify stadium tours anymore. For RHT I could still get a decent ticket from the ticket office on the same day she was playing in Stockholm. Some places (like Russia) they were LITERALLY giving away tickets just to fill the seats so she wouldn’t have to play for half empty venues.

So yes, it’s definitely time for her to change the way she’s touring. Not a day too early!

Did she even tour Russia for rebel heart tour ?

7 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

Oh please! I'm not throwing a "hissy fit" I'm disappointed, BIG DIFFERENCE. There is also a difference between select cities and making it difficult for half of the US population to see her. I'm curious to know where you are located... The website is also somewhat confusing. I did put in tickets and chose the areas I would be interested in, but it shows 2 items in the cart and I selected 3 potential tickets... is it because I chose 2 nights?

I'm in the north of England, getting to London isn't difficult but it is expensive and I'll likely have to stay the night too which is also expensive. This ticketing thing is SO fucking confusing! I don't care about the theatre thing or the remote locations, it's her Tour and I went to the Rebel Heart tour so I can live without going to this one, but why can't the ticketing be linear!

4 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

I believe her *job* is to be Madonna.

What you believe (or want or dream of or whatever) is SO IRRELEVANT I don’t even know where to start. She doesn’t owe ANYONE anything - but herself. Try and understand that and your life will become so much easier! Peace! ;)

26 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

If she were at least coming to Atlanta I would be ok, but the closest venue to me is 8 hours away. So, I have a reason to be disappointed. 

She can’t please everyone. Imagine how disappointed I was after travelling four European countries to see the HORRIBLE Sticky & Sweet Tour (I won’t be counting the hours I’ve spent on travels, but it’s definitely more than 8. And I won’t be counting the money I’ve spent either, bit it’s literally a TON!) Did I feel like I have the right to bitch and moan about it? No, because she doesn’t owe me anything - and I would be delusional if I thought otherwise. Life is full of disappointments, get over it - like I did.

1 hour ago, 9oldfrapp said:

Boo-fucking-hoo...

She doesn’t owe us ANYTHING. If you don’t like the way she handles this tour - don’t go, as easy as that! Less competition for the rest of us - who’ve been waiting for her to do a tour like this for many years! 

I agree. I can't personally attend either, purely because of money for both tickets and travel/stay. But man, ease up guys. I'm sure it's a learning curve even for Madonna. There's always the DVD/BluRay. That's how I saw most of her tours and I'm not complaining. I'm still getting the entire set of releases this era. Why? Coz i'm sure it's good music whether or not Madonna's tour plans jive with my consumer ethics or what.

Breathe in. Breathe out. It's only music. 

16 minutes ago, Jet said:

But does it mean then that you can apply for say, 4 dates in the same city to better your chances and they choose 1 for you and you only pay for that? Or could you end up with all 4?

No matter how many shows or price levels it'll pick one for you on whichever date and price range you picked.

image.png.51ec672c8198797dbc1027fc1e0ecf39.png

She's doing more than just the 3 locations announced today:

"The Madame X Tour will kick off September 12th at the BAM Howard Gilman Opera House in New York and will feature multiple nights of shows in each city including performances at the Chicago Theatre, The Wiltern in Los Angeles, the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, the Boch Center Wang Theatre in Boston, The Met Philadelphia and at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theatre in 2019."

1 minute ago, groovyguy said:

@SimonVenekeo@Y

@stfan97

looking @ the seating chart, I’m thinking the $359.00 ticket is either end of orchestra or front of mezzanine 

Shame that New York has the worst set up, the Chicago and LA ones aren't too bad have better orchestra options for that price range. I only want to go to NYC because I haven't been in so long.

Everyone complains that she doesn’t offer anything new or exciting anymore. 

Then when she does, it’s just more complaints. 

You can’t have your cake and eat it too. Sure, it’s disappointing, but for some of you to be wishing that she has no success with her album or tour is childish and BRATTY. She wants to do something different and can you blame her? I’m sure we’d get bored with doing huge tours too if it’s all we’ve done for 30+ years. 

Maybe we should just feel lucky that she’s touring at all. She doesn’t have to. No one said that because she releases an album she has to tour. But she is and she’s doing something that feels good to her. It’s okay to be disappointed but don’t act like a spoiled kid who didn’t get their way. 

I don't get the outrage. First of all, you could see it coming - Tears of a Clown, her talking about doing smaller shows for a while, being 60, etc. She's played every stadium and arena in her career and I'm genuinely excited she's doing something different this time. Bjork did a theatre/opera tour a few years back and it looked beautiful. As for prices, aside from the fact that there's a variety of choice (from $60 upwards - the venues are around 2,000 capacity so you'll get a decent view and experience even in the nose bleed seats), she's always been expensive and have you seen ticket prices to West End shows in London? It's not for the faint hearted. To all those up in arms crying that they won't be going - cool, I respect your choice, more chances for other fans to get a ticket. I'll be trying for London dates - it would be great if I can get them. If I don't, that's fine too - it's a fucking pop concert not a heart transplant :).

1 hour ago, Rupert76 said:

Ok...

I waited for this moment before saying anything, but now I would like to say only one word: Fuck!

It's scandalous!

Is this the way to be grateful to her fans around the world who have loved her for almost 40 years?

It is a choice, of course ...

And the choices must always be respected...

Yes, of course...

But it's HER choice!

And now I hope she will pay the consequences.

I intended to buy this album in every  single format (standard cd, deluxe cd, super deluxe cd and double vinyl) but now I've completely lost the desire to buy anything.

I will not buy anything at all!!!

And I hope the fans all around the world will do the same.

I hope this album will be a real flop of sales.

I hope also the tour will be a real flop at the box office.

I hope everything that will comes with this new album will be a real disaster and that she will be punished for this "classist" choice.

Disapponted and very very ANGRY ?

Here we go with the negativity...Let me play the world's smallest violin for you...Or rather the accordion, perhaps?  

MadameX.png

11 minutes ago, 9oldfrapp said:

She can’t please everyone. Imagine how disappointed I was after travelling four European countries to see the HORRIBLE Sticky & Sweet Tour (I won’t be counting the hours I’ve spent on travels, but it’s definitely more than 8. And I won’t be counting the money I’ve spent either, bit it’s literally a TON!) Did I feel like I have the right to bitch and moan about it? No, because she doesn’t owe me anything - and I would be delusional if I thought otherwise. Life is full of disappointments, get over it - like I did.

The sticky and sweet tour great so whatever 

1 minute ago, MadonnaLove said:

I find it completely rude and ungrateful from her side to sell these prices. All the fans must have the option to attend the show and not to be excluded. She talks about equality where is it?

But your having a more intimate experience than you would not have If she was in an arena/ stadium also with the capacity being low ticket prices need to be inflated to cover production costs of each night also she needs to get that gross figure. I also don’t like it but hey that’s business and money makes the world go round! 

I’m really hoping that she will follow this up with a summer tour afterwards in possible arenas/ stadiums which would see more reasonable ticket prices.  

31 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I’m curious as to where she’ll perform here in Toronto. I’m even more curious as to how much they’ll cost:Madonna041:

Probably at the Sony Centre Theatre where I saw the Pet Shop Boys twice. The sound is fantastic ... and every seat is a great viewing seat. Even when you stand up you can see very well due to the slant of the levels. Massey Hall could be another possibility but it is smaller. That hall has great acoustics and the sound is amazing--but my guess is she'll be at the Sony Centre.