Madame X Tour May 6 Announcement

Frank

Just now, RebelHeart97 said:

But your having a more intimate experience than you would not have If she was in an arena/ stadium also with the capacity being low ticket prices need to be inflated to cover production costs of each night also she needs to get that gross figure. I also don’t like the prices but hey that’s business and money makes the world go round! 

I’m really hoping that she will follow this up with a summer tour afterwards in possible arenas/ stadiums which would see more reasonable ticket prices.  

3 minutes ago, kesiak said:

I don't get the outrage. First of all, you could see it coming - Tears of a Clown, her talking about doing smaller shows for a while, being 60, etc. She's played every stadium and arena in her career and I'm genuinely excited she's doing something different this time. Bjork did a theatre/opera tour a few years back and it looked beautiful. As for prices, aside from the fact that there's a variety of choice (from $60 upwards - the venues are around 2,000 capacity so you'll get a decent view and experience even in the nose bleed seats), she's always been expensive and have you seen ticker prices to West End shows in London? It's not for the faint hearted. To all those up in arms crying that they won't be going - cool, I respect your choice, more chances for other fans to get a ticket. I'll be trying for London dates - it would be great if I can get them. I don't, that's fine too - it's a fucking pop concert not a heart transplant :).

How many seats are we talking that are $60 ? 200 ? 

27 minutes ago, 9oldfrapp said:

What you believe (or want or dream of or whatever) is SO IRRELEVANT I don’t even know where to start. She doesn’t owe ANYONE anything - but herself. Try and understand that and your life will become so much easier! Peace! ;)

I know exactly where to start, you think your opinion is better than everyone else's. I didn't say she owed me shit, but I think it would be better for her fans if she at least tried to make it somewhat reasonable for them to see her show without having to take a week off from their jobs, take expensive flights just to get to the nearest show, etc. Also, the way this is set up all of the venues aren't even available to "pre-book" and this doesn't guarantee a ticket, so, who even knows. No need to respond if you're going to continue to sniff your own flatulence.

2 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

How many seats are we talking that are $60 ? 200 ? 

How many cheap seats do you think you can squeeze into a small theatre venue??? Or did you expect her to offer cheap seats and free champagne to everyone in the house?

4 minutes ago, RebelHeart97 said:

But your having a more intimate experience than you would not have If she was in an arena/ stadium also with the capacity being low ticket prices need to be inflated to cover production costs of each night also she needs to get that gross figure. I also don’t like it but hey that’s business and money makes the world go round! 

I’m really hoping that she will follow this up with a summer tour afterwards in possible arenas/ stadiums which would see more reasonable ticket prices.  

I agree for the experience but what about your pocket? I don't think our forum is full of millionaires in here. Yes this is business ok I accept it but she'd better stop talking about equality

19 minutes ago, 9oldfrapp said:

She can’t please everyone. Imagine how disappointed I was after travelling four European countries to see the HORRIBLE Sticky & Sweet Tour (I won’t be counting the hours I’ve spent on travels, but it’s definitely more than 8. And I won’t be counting the money I’ve spent either, bit it’s literally a TON!) Did I feel like I have the right to bitch and moan about it? No, because she doesn’t owe me anything - and I would be delusional if I thought otherwise. Life is full of disappointments, get over it - like I did.

You're such a martyr. 

1 minute ago, *mlvc* said:

it would be better for her fans if she at least tried to make it somewhat reasonable for them to see her show without having to take a week off from their jobs, take expensive flights just to get to the nearest show, etc. 

She’s done EXACTLY that hundreds of times during the past decade. If you were living under a rock all that time too busy sniffing your flatulance to make it to one of her gigs - blame yourself.

3 minutes ago, 9oldfrapp said:

She’s done EXACTLY that hundreds of times during the past decade. If you were living under a rock all that time too busy sniffing your flatulance to make it to one of her gigs - blame yourself.

I've been to Sticky & Sweet, MDNA, and Rebel Heart in the past 10 years.

The prices are high but not unreasonable considering that she is not playing in large venues with tens of thousands of seats. She is going to be performing in THEATERS people! This is going to be the most up close and personal show Madonna has ever put on. If you cannot afford the show then do not attend. 

I am excited and I am glad to share in it with the members of this forum. I understand some of the issues with the tour being a limited engagement. HOWEVER, Madonna is playing in major cities in which it is not hard to get flights to. Make a trip out of it. Bring your friends. HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!

1 minute ago, MonsieurX said:

The prices are high but not unreasonable considering that she is not playing in large venues with tens of thousands of seats. She is going to be performing in THEATERS people! This is going to be the most up close and personal show Madonna has ever put on. If you cannot afford the show then do not attend. 

I am excited and I am glad to share in it with the members of this forum. I understand some of the issues with the tour being a limited engagement. HOWEVER, Madonna is playing in major cities in which it is not hard to get flights to. Make a trip out of it. Bring your friends. HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!

The prices of a show are getting bigger when the budget is bigger, not cause you're closer to a musician. The prices would make more sense ina  tour like MDNA Tour (that had big video walls, cool costumes, huge scene etc) than a simple theatre show.

I don't care about album success. I want it to be successful.

I care about the quality of the show and that not many young fans will manage to go with these prices, including me. I guess i'll never be able to see her live in my life. I don't know why the prices are so expensive too, since she can't have big video walls, or big stage or idk there.

We were waiting for 4 years for this era and is going to end in few months with even fewer shows, that apparently will not be so groundbreaking or interesting.

:sad:

1 minute ago, Régine Filange said:

I don't care about album success. I want it to be successful.

I care about the quality of the show and that not many young fans will manage to go with these prices, including me. I guess i'll never be able to see her live in my life. I don't know why the prices are so expensive too, since she can't have big video walls, or big stage or idk there.

We were waiting for 4 years for this era and is going to end in few months with even fewer shows, that apparently will not be so groundbreaking or interesting.

:sad:

Prices for smaller venues are always higher because the overheads are pretty much the same whether you're playing a theatre or a stadium. She may not have the MDNA crazy stage but there are musicians to be paid, lighting, technicians, dancers, rehearsal time, production costs etc. She's never done a theatre tour - this IS groundbreaking for Madonna, she is literally breaking new ground when it comes to touring for her. :)

2 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

The prices of a show are getting bigger when the budget is bigger, not cause you're closer to a musician. The prices would make more sense ina  tour like MDNA Tour (that had big video walls, cool costumes, huge scene etc) than a simple theatre show.

Madonna doesn't due "simple" and I expect that to hold true even with these theater performances. The prices have a lot to do with the exclusivity and intimacy of the venue. You can argue the same thing for Broadway musicals like Hamilton.  It's simple math. There are only a select number of seats within these theaters and by offering tickets at a range of prices, it allows the fans to choose the experience they would like to have / are willing to pay for. Unlike stadiums or arenas which have tens of thousands of seats, theaters do not have the capacity to turn the same profit. I attended an event at the Brooklyn Academy of Music and it is a gorgeous venue with great views throughout. 

I do not have $2,000 per ticket to shell out for front row but I am more than happy to pay $100 - $300 per ticket. These venues have incredible views no matter where you sit. I look forward to being able to enjoy the show with fans that are willing to pay the money for the event. It's a much better experience in my opinion than dealing with those people who aren't even casual fans that managed to purchase scalped tickets. Those people always show up to the show mid-set and then bitch and moan the entire concert because she didn't play  "enough of her old stuff" or was "too sexual" or "too old to being doing [insert ageist comment here]" 

3 minutes ago, kesiak said:

Prices for smaller venues are always higher because the overheads are pretty much the same whether you're playing a theatre or a stadium. She may not have the MDNA crazy stage but there are musicians to be paid, lighting, technicians, dancers, rehearsal time, production costs etc. She's never done a theatre tour - this IS groundbreaking for Madonna, she is literally breaking new ground when it comes to touring for her. :)

Didn't The Virgin Tour technically count as a "theater tour"? 

14 minutes ago, Luiz Ribeiro said:

Why are these people complaining? What a bitter people. Do you really SUIT that Madonna will change her plans because of the complaint? Madonna has not stopped simulating a masturbation on the stage at risk of being arrested, now will you call that kind of complaint?

16 minutes ago, Luiz Ribeiro said:

Why are these people complaining? What a bitter people. Do you really SUIT that Madonna will change her plans because of the complaint? Madonna has not stopped simulating a masturbation on the stage at risk of being arrested, now will you call that kind of complaint?

and what should we do supposedly? say “yassss queen” to everything she does? No man, this is so selfish and I hope she flop so hard

Just now, kesiak said:

It stated off as such but then the shows ended up being moved to auditoriums and arenas due to her exploding popularity at the time. :)

Okay. It was more of a hybrid...I hate to bring it up but because we are talking ticket prices...Are you able shed any light as to what the prices looked like back then?