Madame X Tour May 6 Announcement

Frank

1 hour ago, kesiak said:

Prices for smaller venues are always higher because the overheads are pretty much the same whether you're playing a theatre or a stadium. She may not have the MDNA crazy stage but there are musicians to be paid, lighting, technicians, dancers, rehearsal time, production costs etc. She's never done a theatre tour - this IS groundbreaking for Madonna, she is literally breaking new ground when it comes to touring for her. :)

She needs to get paid for her time and effort - even if that’s only to stand and read from the phone book for two hours, with zero production cost. 

It’s strange she’s not performing in Canada tho, well at the end of the day it’s her money and her career good moves, bad moves it’s her ass, in other news better Dido is performing in Lationoamerica (in mex in a venue of 10,000) and she’s not had any hit since her life for rent album here. 

Just now, Dan90 said:

It’s strange she’s not performing in Canada tho, well at the end of the day it’s her money and her career good moves, bad moves it’s her ass, in other news better Dido is performing in Lationoamerica (in mex in a venue of 10,000) and she’s not had any hit since her life for rent album here. 

Awesome, good for Dido. Enjoy the gig! :silly:

40 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

This is the actual tour. Fans will be begging for a Vegas Residency in the future. Then she’ll be able to put on a big spectacle. I honestly think she’s tired of doing big long grueling tours. She’s gonna be 61. She has 4 kids at home. 

I understand what you're saying. In the US we have:

New York

Boston

Philadelphia

Chicago

Las Vegas

Miami

Las Angeles

I think that covers them.

That is only 7 cities and at this time the only tickets up for grabs are Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles.

What makes me nervous is I like to select my ticket as I always get as close as possible. The last 2 tours I was in the Golden Triangle (Guy - I was a FB friend of his at the time - gave me 2 tickets to the GT and I gave away the 2 that I had) and for RH I was right next to the stage.

I don't like the idea of agreeing to a setup of selecting areas of the theater you would be ok with sitting in and then get charged for the shittiest of the shittiest seats and be forced to keep them. I like to SEE where I'm going to be sitting PRIOR to purchase.

Well, all we are agree that she won’t attract new young fans this time... right? What does that mean? Still underperforming in the streaming era, that’s important? For the fanatics not, for the contracts It does if she wants any label sign her after her deal with live nation ends, when the streaming era started she was not that strong however she represented a good attraction due the millionaire revenue of her concerts, it was like I cannot offer you chart in BB100 again but I can offer you filled arenas and lot lot of revenue, but now? I don’t want to act like those fanatics of Britney that always overprotected and defeated even she was not doing the thing right and they sell whatever she did, and now? She’s not even a good performer and she cannot fight with the new generations of artist, Those prices are insane, she’s selling her name not the production, the effects of this era will be reflected in the next one. 

4 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

You can't do anything extreme in a theatre, common sense lol.

These kind of fans apparently it’s those good ones but in my point of view they are not, i think that if we push Madonna is because we believe in her and we know she can do it better, it’s because we expect the best of the best of her. 

6 minutes ago, Dan90 said:

Well, all we are agree that she won’t attract new young fans this time... right? What does that mean? Still underperforming in the streaming era, that’s important? For the fanatics not, for the contracts It does if she wants any label sign her after her deal with live nation ends, when the streaming era started she was not that strong however she represented a good attraction due the millionaire revenue of her concerts, it was like I cannot offer you chart in BB100 again but I can offer you filled arenas and lot lot of revenue, but now? I don’t want to act like those fanatics of Britney that always overprotected and defeated even she was not doing the thing right and they sell whatever she did, and now? She’s not even a good performer and she cannot fight with the new generations of artist, Those prices are insane, she’s selling her name not the production, the effects of this era will be reflected in the next one. 

Madonna is a legacy artist, she doesn't need to attract younger fans. Some of the prices of this tour are insane, others are very reasonable. Labels won't need to sign her, she's at the point in her career where she can do what she likes and she certainly doesn't owe anybody anything. 

I can't believe people are already labelling the tour a disaster when she's literally just announced it. 

7 minutes ago, Dan90 said:

These kind of fans apparently it’s those good ones but in my point of view they are not, i think that if we push Madonna is because we believe in her and we know she can do it better, it’s because we expect the best of the best of her. 

Isn't that the problem. If she wants to sit down and sing ballads with her guitar i don't have a problem, i hope she will serve good vocals this time at least. I just don't understand the prices if the show will be THAT simple. Isn't the type of tour my problem.

wat1

Just now, 9oldfrapp said:

And you know that for sure?

They don't have a clue, Blonde Ambtion wasn't a technical power house that her very recent tours have had but it's still thought to be her best tour. I'm excited to see something a bit more grounded and theatrical and a little less of a light show. 

I'm very intrigued by what she's going to do. If anyone has seen Wicked you'll know that a theatre show can be incredibly impressive. 

26 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

This is the actual tour. Fans will be begging for a Vegas Residency in the future. Then she’ll be able to put on a big spectacle. I honestly think she’s tired of doing big long grueling tours. She’s gonna be 61. She has 4 kids at home. 

Well, IMO a handful of cities is not a tour. It's mini residencies in select cities.

49 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

You can apply for as many dates in the city as you're able to make yourself available to attend, but you'll only be allocated up to 4 tickets for 1 show in 1 city.  The more cities and date options you apply for (as well as price range), the better your odds of getting A ticket, but you literally have to be willing to accept whatever they are willing to give you, which if anything, will likely be the least popular and most expensive ticket you're willing to purchase on your request list.

I don’t think this is correct. The icon Group can:

GROUP 1

ICON Legacy Fan Club Members

Registration must be completed using your ICON email address.

Eligible to receive 4 tickets for a single show in up to 2 cities.

If you only want to be considered for one show, please only submit a request for a single city.”

1 minute ago, Candy Perfume Boy said:

I don’t think this is correct. The icon Group can:

GROUP 1

ICON Legacy Fan Club Members

Registration must be completed using your ICON email address.

Eligible to receive 4 tickets for a single show in up to 2 cities.

If you only want to be considered for one show, please only submit a request for a single city.”

Yes, but I'm not Icon Legacy. :suffer::cry:

20 minutes ago, Dan90 said:

She's not a dog you train to get her to do what you want. 

I'm getting confused by this

In the email sent to Icon Legacy it states :-

Icon Legacy members may request up to four (4) tickets per show,   for up two (2) concerts..

Do these 2 concerts have to be in different venues..   As it’s not clear in the email.

But on the site it says 2 cites?

Can I buy for 2 nights in the same location?

37 minutes ago, kesiak said:

I would like to read them too please - any links? :)

This one alludes to the currently announced shows being "the smaller Madame X shows."

https://pagesix.com/2019/05/05/madonna-to-announce-new-madame-x-tour-on-monday/

I can't find the other one now... hmmm... but the first one could be taken that there will be other, larger shows, or it could just flat out mean that this tour is smaller in regards to her previous tours.

5 minutes ago, The Same Parts said:

She's not a dog you train to get her to do what you want. 

I don't think that's what the OP meant. I took it as Madonna can still fill up arenas and put on amazing spectacles and this time she's not doing that.

I think some people are afraid that this will be TOAC pt2 and that worries me a bit as well. 

Also, with the whole Madame X persona I think her fans expected a huge spectacle.