Madame X Tour May 6 Announcement

Frank

Posted on Madonna’s Rebel Army:

To sum up the Madame X Tour from today:

1)    NYC, LA, Chicago were announced today

2)    Other cities (miami, vegas, philly, boston etc) will be announced later

3)    Europe will be announced later as well

THIS IS A THEATER SHOW - it's not a promo tour, it's not a we'll see..this is it guys.  This is Madame X tour!

Limited cities being visited but multiple dates in each city.

To get tickets you must register with Ticketmaster and request them.  The sale of tickets for this tour is not like anything we've seen (at least for M) before.  

There's no continuous refresh over and over until tickets pop up.  You request the price point you want, give ticketmaster your info and you'll be notified on May 19 if you've been selected.

ICON Legacy Members - first crack at tickets

Citi Card Members - second crack at tickets

General Sale - third crack at tickets

THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW AT THIS POINT.

— feeling peaceful.

ok no, but you know what? i'm so excited about this entire theatre format! she could sing a setlist one night, and then a completely different one the second night, or hve a structure with replaceable options for each song each night, making every concert a different experience! and this could finally put the focus on what really matters, and what should have never lost focus. not the dances, not the costumes, not the screen videos, but the music. 

14 minutes ago, mr00mister said:

ok no, but you know what? i'm so excited about this entire theatre format! she could sing a setlist one night, and then a completely different one the second night, or hve a structure with replaceable options for each song each night, making every concert a different experience! and this could finally put the focus on what really matters, and what should have never lost focus. not the dances, not the costumes, not the screen videos, but the music. 

I dunno. All I know is if she sang Causing A Commotion on one show and not the one I was at I would never forgive her. Bahahaha

49 minutes ago, mr00mister said:

This is why I need to go to each show! I was saying this to a friend today:

Imagine if part of the reason of the mini residencies was because she was devoting a part of setlist to only that city. 

‘Madame X is a secret agent, travelling the world and changing identities.’ In Chicago ‘she is a freedom fighter’. So regular setlist and then she does songs like Rebel Heart, Graffiti Heart etc that fit that persona.

.....And if that’s too much then make a city specific pieces of merchandise like shirts and posters at least lol.

1 hour ago, SimonVenekeo said:

This is why I need to go to each show! I was saying this to a friend today:

Imagine if part of the reason of the mini residencies was because she was devoting a part of setlist to only that city. 

‘Madame X is a secret agent, travelling the world and changing identities.’ In Chicago ‘she is a freedom fighter’. So regular setlist and then she does songs like Rebel Heart, Graffiti Heart etc that fit that persona.

.....And if that’s too much then make a city specific pieces of merchandise like shirts and posters at least lol.

OMG.  If that happens, she'd better film every city and release it afterwards.

She's an innovator creating a new genre: The Touring Residency. If she adds more cities like some in the south and central parts of USA (and then globally) she could still reach all of her fans and provide a different experience each night with change of setlist etc. I think that's why it's a short roll out, with a small window of time for tickets to see how the logistics go and then they can keep adding tour dates if it's working.

It will be interesting to see the quality of the show and how she does in that environment. I don't like it getting compared to Tears of a Clown. I like to think of it more of her Express Yourself performance on MTV where it was just Nikki and Donna.

40 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

I'd like to simulate the process on live nation but each time I go onto the page of a city for a show  on live nation website the new opened page is "grey" and I can click on anything...

I don't succeed to suscribe to Ticketmaster.com ...

487a.png

Yeah you need to log in to Ticketmaster first and then enter your phone number: but if you're not a US resident, it won't work because the phone digits are different in other countries. I tried a million times! Sent them an email for support. There is no other chance to view the page if you don't confirm your phone number.

I am only thankful I don't have to buy US tickets, otherwise I'll be left out for this stupid trick! I hope it will be solved when European dates are released.

27 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

It will be interesting to see the quality of the show and how she does in that environment. I don't like it getting compared to Tears of a Clown. I like to think of it more of her Express Yourself performance on MTV where it was just Nikki and Donna.

10 minutes ago, SecretProject said:

If Nikki and Donna made an appearance....omg

That is everyone's dream. Great musical direction, real backup singers who can help her and sustain her in her vocals.