Madame X Tour May 6 Announcement

Frank

The Madame X Tour will be a series of rare and intimate performances to take place exclusively in theatres, giving fans an opportunity to see Madonna in an environment like they never have before.

But how intimate is each theatre? We made a research for each venue. Have an overview below:

• BAM Howard Gilman Opera House (New York City): 2,104
  • Chicago Theatre (Chicago): 3,600
  • The Wiltern (Los Angeles): 1,850
  • The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Las Vegas): 4,298
  • The Boch Center Wang Theatre (Boston): 3,500
  • The Met Philadelphia (Philadelphia): 3,500
  • The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theatre (Miami): 2,462
  • Coliseu dos Recreios (Lisbon): 2,846 seated / 4,300 standing
  • The Palladium (London): 2,286
  • The Grand Rex (Paris): 2,800

https://www.drownedmadonna.com/2019/05/06/madonnas-madame-x-tour-theatres-capacities/

Madonna sells out Brooklyn and LA shows in an hour

https://pagesix.com/2019/05/06/madonna-sells-out-brooklyn-and-la-shows-in-an-hour/?utm_source=facebook_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site+buttons&utm_campaign=site+buttons

Madonna’s “Madame X” tour sold out its Brooklyn and LA shows in just an hour on Monday morning, we hear — and the star will add more dates at BAM and The Wiltern, sources said.

The “Like A Prayer” icon announced Monday that her intimate “Madame X” tour will kick off with seven dates at the venerable BAM Howard Gilman Opera House, with subsequent stops at LA’s storied The Wiltern as well as theaters in Chicago, Miami, Las Vegas, Boston and Philadelphia.

Super producer and DJ Diplo helped announce the tour in a tongue-in-cheek video with Madonna — in which he shows up in a cowboy outfit to share margaritas with the singer.

“I’m going on a special tour,” Madonna explains. “Are you doing stadiums?” Diplo asks. “Arenas? Coliseums?” The Material Girl says instead, “I’m going on a theater tour … I want to have an intimate experience with my fans.” She figures, “After I do this for a while people will start hiring me to do parties, bar mitzvahs, weddings.” 

The tour sold out five dates at BAM and five at The Wiltern. It will move to Lisbon, London and Paris next year.

Ok, having read everything, I think everyone needs to calm down. This is Madonna, Madonna is a human being, she has free agency to decide creatively how she wants to present things and do things, and this theatre tour is something she's been wanting to do for years now. To label her or put her in a box of well she should only be doing arena's or stadiums and limiting - and why, why should she. This is about her, not about you.

Sure, it's not going to be everyones cup of tea, and that's ok, but why be so negative towards it. With some of the prices, it's unlikely to be a 'Lisbon lounge room session' or a 'TOAC 3' or she would be crucified. I have every faith that it will be amazing, beautiful, tasteful and an incredible experience, and no doubt will have some of the newer technology that she's been experimenting with of recent times.

I also have faith that additional dates and countries will be announced progressively, and this is just the first batch. 

too busy to read up on it but maybe one of u knows:

If I get tickets for the most expensive seating 1 but don't like them (let's say they're right on the edge of the next tier or the cheapest one right on the sides) can i still decide if i want to keep them or am I stuck with them?

Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, Frank said:

OK guys, so on a more positive note: who's gonna try to win??? I'll totally do it!!! Watching M in a theatre can be magical and a once in a lifetime experience and i'm gonna try to win those mofo tickets no matter what. Not gonna spend my lifetime savings tho XD but not gonna go for the cheapest ones either. But, anyway, luck is what will tell u if u go or not...

But would you go to another city just hoping to get selected?

If you know how Broadway lotteries work, you apply in the morning (together with hundreds of people) and then you are notified only a few hours before the show.

So you can only apply if you are already in Paris or London or Lisbon for a show and stay longer to get a second one. That's what I intend to do...

2 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

too busy to read up on it but maybe one of u knows:

If I get tickets for the most expensive seating 1 but don't like them (let's say they're right on the edge of the next tier or the cheapest one right on the sides) can i still decide if i want to keep them or am I stuck with them?

Thanks a lot!

Once your card is charged, you’re stuck with it

6 minutes ago, Enrico said:

But would you go to another city just hoping to get selected?

If you know how Broadway lotteries work, you apply in the morning (together with hundreds of people) and then you are notified only a few hours before the show.

So you can only apply if you are already in Paris or London or Lisbon for a show and stay longer to get a second one. That's what I intend to do...

The 10$ thing, right? Well, who knows, maybe...

2 hours ago, SimonVenekeo said:

It's weird wording but no, it's one additional concert in another city.

2 hours ago, Jet said:

A single city but can you not apply for more than one date to secure tickets for just one show in that city?

I am so confused, I feel like I can't understand English anymore.

Icon members can request up to four (4) tickets per show.

If I am on my own, can I request 1 single ticket for 4 different shows in the same town?

Or can I just request, for instance, 1 for London and 1 for Paris?

To see it twice, it would be better to do it in the same city, and also hope for lotteries, as I said above.

16 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

Absolutely.  And I think the new trend of offering premium dibs on tickets for people that have a certain type of credit card is elitist and putrid, though to be fair, she's not the only artist doing that.

That's nothing new - there are plenty of incentives from various credit card companies, it's a normal marketing tool - just like the ability to buy early access tickets to sports events with certain mobile phone providers or getting extra air miles when using American Express. I assume Citi is one of the sponsors for the tour.

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

I just had a thought, because these are so intimate, I wonder if the lottery idea is to screen out ticket scalpers and resellers maybe.

It clearly is the case. Just like the fact that you won't get the ticket barcodes until 48hrs before the event. 

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

My dear, more dates will be announced.

No there won’t. This is the press release from her own website. 

The Madame X Tour will kick off September 12th at the BAM Howard Gilman Opera House in New York and will feature multiple nights of shows in each city including performances at the Chicago Theatre, The Wiltern in Los Angeles, the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, the Boch Center Wang Theatre in Boston, The Met Philadelphia and at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theatre in 2019. The Madame X Tour will then resume in early 2020 with performances at the Coliseum in Lisbon, the Palladium in London and at the Grand Rex in Paris. 

And if that wasn’t enough at the end of the current itinerary she even reiterated it. 

The Madame X Tour will also visit Las Vegas, Boston, Philadelphia, Miami, Lisbon, London and Paris. Show information to follow.

So where are you getting the idea she’s coming to more cities when she already stated twice this is it.

36 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I am so confused, I feel like I can't understand English anymore.

Icon members can request up to four (4) tickets per show.

If I am on my own, can I request 1 single ticket for 4 different shows in the same town?

Or can I just request, for instance, 1 for London and 1 for Paris?

To see it twice, it would be better to do it in the same city, and also hope for lotteries, as I said above.

They mean you can get a total 4 tickets together in one city and show and it can’t be split up that ‘I only asked for one on the 13th and 15th. Or can I apply for another city if I have 2 tickets left?’. Unless you’re a Legacy member it’s a one shot chance applying in the city of your choosing.

2 hours ago, Frank said:

OK guys, so on a more positive note: who's gonna try to win??? I'll totally do it!!! Watching M in a theatre can be magical and a once in a lifetime experience and i'm gonna try to win those mofo tickets no matter what. Not gonna spend my lifetime savings tho XD but not gonna go for the cheapest ones either. But, anyway, luck is what will tell u if u go or not..

Yo ya estoy preparada!!!!! Que salgan ya las fechas europeas!!!!!!! Va a ser la leche si nos toca!!

I'm quite shocked about the tour info. I mean, I knew that this moment would come but I cannot help but be disappointed by the idea that the good times spent waiting and sweating under the summer sun outside soccer stadiums will never come back...

I still hope for bigger shows next summer, but it's clear that physically she can't handle that kind of show anymore. I know it's something normal, but it's sad. 

However, I am very interested in the idea of seeing her perform in a show structured for small theaters.

I have a question - let me know or delete my post if it’s not allowed to talk about it.

If I win a ticket but it turns out later I can’t get the money to travel, can I re-sell it? I’m aware that it’s illegal but has anyone been forced into doing it in the past, is it risky, are there mechanisms against it?

9 minutes ago, SimonVenekeo said:

No there won’t. This is the press release from her own website. 

The Madame X Tour will kick off September 12th at the BAM Howard Gilman Opera House in New York and will feature multiple nights of shows in each city including performances at the Chicago Theatre, The Wiltern in Los Angeles, the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, the Boch Center Wang Theatre in Boston, The Met Philadelphia and at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theatre in 2019. The Madame X Tour will then resume in early 2020 with performances at the Coliseum in Lisbon, the Palladium in London and at the Grand Rex in Paris. 

And if that wasn’t enough at the end of the current itinerary she even reiterated it. 

The Madame X Tour will also visit Las Vegas, Boston, Philadelphia, Miami, Lisbon, London and Paris. Show information to follow.

So where are you getting the idea she’s coming to more cities when she already stated twice this is it.

Calm down. Previous tours have always listed initial cities and dates, and then additional cities and dates are announced ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Ambrose said:

I have a question - let me know or delete my post if it’s not allowed to talk about it.

If I win a ticket but it turns out later I can’t get the money to travel, can I re-sell it? I’m aware that it’s illegal but has anyone been forced into doing it in the past, is it risky, are there mechanisms against it?

In the post on TM it says you can transfer it to a friend etc. So you can sell it.