Madame X Tour May 6 Announcement

Frank

I'm very interested in the economics of this 'little' theatre tour.

At the the moments she's scheduled to play 67 dates (47 in the US, 20 in Europe), but looking at the gaps in the itinerary, she could play another 17 in the US and possibly another 10 in Europe, which would bring the total to 94. That's assuming she doesn't extend the tour, but it would also make it her longest tour, surpassing MDNA's 88 dates. More likely it'll end up being somewhere between 80-90 shows, similar to Rebel Heart (82 dates) and Sticky & Sweet (85 dates).

Obviously the overall attendance figures for this tour will be much lower as she's playing theatres, averaging 3,000 tickets per show, but if she played 85 dates that would be 255,000 in total attendance.

However, the average ticket price will be much higher this time, so if she played 85 shows, averaging 3,000 tickets per show, at an average ticket price of $300, the tour would gross $76,500,000. But if it's an average ticket price of $400 it would gross $102,000,000! Given that demand will far outstrip supply, I wouldn't be surprised if average ticket price ends up being far higher on the secondary market, meaning this supposedly scaled-back, intimate little theatre tour could end up being another huge money-spinner for her and Live Nation.

1 minute ago, tajybajyboo said:

At the the moments she's scheduled to play 67 dates (47 in the US, 20 in Europe), but looking at the gaps in the itinerary, she could play another 17 in the US and possibly another 10 in Europe, which would bring the total to 94. That's assuming she doesn't extend the tour, but it would also make it her longest tour, surpassing MDNA's 88 dates. More likely it'll end up being somewhere between 80-90 shows, similar to Rebel Heart (82 dates) and Sticky & Sweet (85 dates).

Obviously the overall attendance figures for this tour will be much lower as she's playing theatres, averaging 3,000 tickets per show, but if she played 85 dates that would be 255,000 in total attendance.

However, the average ticket price will be much higher this time, so if she played 85 shows, averaging 3,000 tickets per show, at an average ticket price of $300, the tour would gross $76,500,000. But if it's an average ticket price of $400 it would gross $102,000,000! Given that demand will far outstrip supply, I wouldn't be surprised if average ticket price ends up being far higher on the secondary market, meaning this supposedly scaled-back, intimate little theatre tour could end up being another huge money-spinner for her and Live Nation.

There are very few tickets under $400, especially in NY, so the average ticket price is well over $400.  She's doing 17 shows there alone.

12 minutes ago, tajybajyboo said:

Ticket prices may be high (or let's say higher) but the the really small number of viewers won't bring her a big profit. it's absolutely unthinkable that she would make 1 million or more per night here as is usual with her other tours. Compare this with her most sucessful tour and she had more attendance on 1-2 show than for the whole Madame X Tour ;)

I got tickets for london 4th, I'm not legacy, one friend of mine bought it to me but I am classic member and i want 5th too but I have not received my verified fan yet, it's over for me or I have to wait this week? some classic member have the verfied email for the 24th? thank u.

3 minutes ago, DontTemptMe26 said:

So I got tickets for a Brooklyn show already. Does this mean I cannot enroll for this time around?

Screenshot_20190520-110657_Gmail.jpg

If you're a Legacy member you can apply for another show in a different city, but then it makes no difference since afterwards you would be placed into the general requests priority anyways and It doesn't specify how many requests a general person can make.

8 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

There are very few tickets under $400, especially in NY, so the average ticket price is well over $400.  She's doing 17 shows there alone.

Wow! Well there you go. It's interesting because the size of the venues on Sticky & Sweet, MDNA and Rebel Heart kind of dictated that she play to the masses, so the set lists included Vogue, Like a Virgin, Like a Prayer, Music, Holiday, La Isla Bonita, (oh and let's not forgot Candy Shop!) - all songs that long-term fans are probably a bit bored of hearing by now.

But this theatre tour will allow her to prioritise Madame X songs first and foremost, and hopefully much deeper catalogue and album tracks that we haven't heard for ages, without the average Joe-public complaining she didn't play the only 5 songs from the 80s they know. Assuming we can all get tickets, this could be a very clever way of 'syphoning out the wheat from the chaff', so her most ardent fans get an up close and personal experience and a far more creative show, all whilst still making a tonne of money.

And where Madonna leads, others will sure to follow.     

24 minutes ago, tajybajyboo said:

Any artist makes $0.00 off the secondary market, that's all pure profit to the seller and the reseller site, they only make off the sale from the original face value.

But Ticketmaster and artists are actually known for selling off their tickets to sites like StubHub so I'm sure if she wanted to Madonna could get an under the table kickback too.

2 minutes ago, tajybajyboo said:

Wow! Well there you go. It's interesting because the size of the venues on Sticky & Sweet, MDNA and Rebel Heart kind of dictated that she play to the masses, so the set lists included Vogue, Like a Virgin, Like a Prayer, Music, Holiday, La Isla Bonita, (oh and let's not forgot Candy Shop!) - all songs that long-term fans are probably a bit bored of hearing by now.

But this theatre tour will allow her to prioritise Madame X songs first and foremost, and hopefully much deeper catalogue and album tracks that we haven't heard for ages, without the average Joe-public complaining she didn't play the only 5 songs from the 80s they know. Assuming we can all get tickets, this could be a very clever way of 'syphoning out the wheat from the chaff', so her most ardent fans get an up close and personal experience and a far more creative show, all whilst still making a tonne of money.

And where Madonna leads, others will sure to follow.     

she will probably put a drowned world tour type of setlist together, with 70% new songs and the rest are hits and songs she didn't perform for a while.

I bet she will do her usual 8-10 new songs. 5 hits, and maybe 2 or 3 deep cuts... it would be nice if she had a special section in the show where the songs are randomized on each date kinda what she was doing during the third section of rebel heart (secret, like a prayer, take a Bow, crazy for you, ghosttown on different dates)... but with even more deeper cuts this time around 

23 minutes ago, SimonVenekeo said:

Any artist makes $0.00 off the secondary market, that's all pure profit to the seller and the reseller site, they only make off the sale from the original face value.

But Ticketmaster and artists are actually known for selling off their tickets to sites like StubHub so I'm sure if she wanted to Madonna could get an under the table kickback too.

my understanding is that StubHub is a Ticketmaster company and they (TM and artist) do profit from the the jacked up prices.

27 minutes ago, SimonVenekeo said:

If you're a Legacy member you can apply for another show in a different city, but then it makes no difference since afterwards you would be placed into the general requests priority anyways and It doesn't specify how many requests a general person can make.

Is it confirmed that unsuccessful Icon/citi members get put into the general sale pool? I applied once with my Citi card and again general sale (EU dates, different emails) so hopefully they won’t cancel each other out. 

2 minutes ago, Mjviolet89 said:

I bet she will do her usual 8-10 new songs. 5 hits, and maybe 2 or 3 deep cuts... it would be nice if she had a special section in the show where the songs are randomized on each date kinda what she was doing during the third section of rebel heart (secret, like a prayer, take a Bow, crazy for you, ghosttown on different dates)... but with even more deeper cuts this time around 

I'm hoping she goes full "storyteller" (as they had on VH1) and talks a lot in between songs...telling stories, her dumb jokes. Drag the show out to be three hrs.

5 minutes ago, Mjviolet89 said:

That would be awesome! I'd love her to play some really random songs like Physical Attraction, Angel, Love Makes The World Go Round, I Want You, Bad Girl, Skin, How High, What It Feels Like For a Girl... There are so many possibilities!

48 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

my understanding is that StubHub is a Ticketmaster company and they (TM and artist) do profit from the the jacked up prices.

Yep, Katy Perry was exposed for it for her 2011 California Dreams Tour in her tour rider: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstage/divas/katy-perry#lightbox-popup-1

- The rider also alerts promoters that they may be required to hold back tickets for concerts so that Perry & Co. can provide the ducats to “resellers” for “distribution to the public” on the “secondary market.” In other words, Perry reserves the right to pocket some of the proceeds from the sale of tickets--not made available at face price to her fans--scalped at inflated prices by these brokers.

10 minutes ago, blondtour said:

So how does this work?  I requested 2 tickets for each date in Las Vegas. If I win one set of tickets, can I still win 2 more for another date? 

Any help is appreciated. 

You can only win tickets to one show in one city. Unless you're Legacy you can win one other show in a different city.

This whole experience of obtaining a ticket has since HAUNTED me in my dreams. This morning when I woke up I saw she added the remainder of dates. In my dream I was able to secure a ticket---- by only requesting ONE. This morning I requested 1 ticket in 4 shows in NY. Hope everyone gets what they asked for!

1 hour ago, DontTemptMe26 said:

I'm getting very confused...I got 2 tickets in Brooklyn that are on a night that I may not be able to attend.  With this being the case, can I submit for a new city?

Screenshot_20190520-110657_Gmail.jpg

You can only submit for a new city IF you are a Legacy member. However, if you have already been confirmed for any NYC dates, regardless of being a Legacy member or not, you can NOT request for NYC again.

2 minutes ago, Joseebus said:

You can only submit for a new city IF you are a Legacy member. However, if you have already been confirmed for any NYC dates, regardless of being a Legacy member or not, you can NOT request for NYC again.

This policy is really totally unfair given that in Europe, your access code lets you split your 4 ticket per member allocation across all dates.  People have gotten single tickets to multiple shows which is what should have been allowed everywhere all along especially with how much higher US prices are.