Poll :- Are you a Legacy Icon Member?

The Ghost

Just out of interest, as this is an interesting question at the minute - Are you a Icon Lifetime Legacy Member ?   

165 members voted

1. 1. Are you an Icon Lifetime Legacy Member?

• Yes
    • No

On 5/7/2019 at 5:19 PM, Enrico said:

I joined Icon in 1994. I found myself having 2 different accounts, with a subscrption not being renovated for a year (I didn't get my Broken vinyl!), but I have been recognized a Lifetime Platinum Legacy Member since 2011.

me too

On 5/7/2019 at 6:19 PM, Hampus said:

Ha ha true, I paid for the membership years ago... but never got it... they just keept directing me to other people until I gave up on it...

Exactly same thing happened to me 2010/2011 renewal when the lithograph didn’t arrive despite having been a paid fanclub member every year since 2005 (I know not as long as some here) - charged the money on my card, email receipts but live nation f**d around and kept denying they had any record of it and no escalation routes being in the Uk, have all the emails still - such a horrible way to treat the fans that paid their memberships - social media may be the devil but live nation wouldn’t have got away with that these days

Tried contesting my classic status to no avail.

If you weren't a paid up member before 30/11/2011 then there's no way in. My membership lapsed for about a year over that period - they were polite enough but showed no willingness to offer a concession.

This is despite the fact that I've been an ICON member since the 90s. They ask for proof but we didn't have email addresses then. I gave all my postal addresses the ICON issues were sent to but apparently these aren't on the system.

The system seems awfully arbitrary. Those who have been fans for under a decade appear to have more chance of getting tickets than some who have been buying her stuff for 30+ years. 

Weird.

I find the fan club status confusing too. I logged into my ICON account last week and it said 'Classic' member. I emailed them as I'd been a legacy member in the past and Johann said I'd logged in with a different email to my 'legacy' account. Luckily they fixed it for me and I got my tickets this morning. Does seem strange they won't let people upgrade to be legacy members.

On 5/7/2019 at 7:57 AM, robder said:

Despite having attended every tour since DWT, I'm strangely not. No clue why. :eyes:

Do you possibly have another account. Apparently I have 2. I was using classic member, which was useless for codes. I emailed Johan and he had told me I was using the wrong account. 

Do you possibly have another account. Apparently I have 2. I was using classic member, which was useless for codes. I emailed Johan and he had told me I was using the wrong account. 

Nah - it's the fact that I let it lapse temporarily. It seems the window around 2011(ish) was important.

Plus back issues of ICON went to a postal address as these were the days when email was secondary. ;)

I got a couple of really good tickets anyway so all good. 

32 minutes ago, robder said:

Nah - it's the fact that I let it lapse temporarily. It seems the window around 2011(ish) was important.

Plus back issues of ICON went to a postal address as these were the days when email was secondary. ;)

I got a couple of really good tickets anyway so all good. 

28 minutes ago, rayoflight_20 said:

I had one year where I let it lapse due to not having work and yeah I emailed to them and they were like #byefelicia at me :'(

Yeah it started going downhill. Lots of members not receiving their gifts. The last gift they gave out was the Broken 12" and so many members didn't receive one and others got duplicates. I did get good presale tix and win golden triangle tix for MDNA Tour. 

1 minute ago, Maddylvr said:

Yeah it started going downhill. Lots of members not receiving their gifts. The last gift they gave out was the Broken 12" and so many members didn't receive one and others got duplicates. I did get good presale tix and win golden triangle tix for MDNA Tour. 

Oh well, I have requested tickets for Boston so hopefully i get something :)

• 1 year later...