Poll :- Are you a Legacy Icon Member?

The Ghost

Just out of interest, as this is an interesting question at the minute - Are you a Icon Lifetime Legacy Member ?   

165 members voted

1. 1. Are you an Icon Lifetime Legacy Member?

• Yes
    • No

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 1:15 PM, rayoflight_20 said:

I had one year where I let it lapse due to not having work and yeah I emailed to them and they were like #byefelicia at me :'(

The exact same thing happened to me!

I then tried to renew my ICON subscription and they were like

"You're not a member here"
"Yes I am, I have been since 1994, and it said lifetime member in my welcome package. I am SO a legacy member!"
"Sorry, we have a different system now"

I gave it up after a couple of years. :eyesroll:

2 hours ago, Celebration said:

The exact same thing happened to me!

I then tried to renew my ICON subscription and they were like

"You're not a member here"
"Yes I am, I have been since 1994, and it said lifetime member in my welcome package. I am SO a legacy member!"
"Sorry, we have a different system now"

I gave it up after a couple of years. :eyesroll:

They reinstated my legacy member status did you email Johann?

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2019 at 4:19 PM, Enrico said:

id been a member from the late 90'sI joined Icon in 1994. I found myself having 2 different accounts, with a subscrption not being renovated for a year (I didn't get my Broken vinyl!), but I have been recognized a Lifetime Platinum Legacy Member since 2011.

yeah, I missed a payment when they said there were no more magazines! but still re joined (they were in a mess too), it fucked everything up even though I gave them my old membership numbers and sent pics of my card and all magazines. They said no. :stare: Id been a member from the 90's, Always booked tickets through them. They made mistakes and turned it around that it was your mistake. 

Edited by scallywally (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is very unfair. I became a Madonna fan in 2005, I was only 12 years old, so there was NO way I could afford such a membership, by 2009 (the year they stopped charging for memberships), I was barely 15-16 years old so it WAS IMPOSSIBLE to have an income to pay for this kind of thing.
I'm sure there are some legacy memberships that are no longer used for many different reasons, I think they should have opened the call to join years later (I don't know, maybe 10 years later in 2019) so that those of us who couldn't join at the time, we can do it. So unfair :'(

• 2 weeks later...