A Fan’s Piece on Madonna Haters

groovyguy

The problem is that Madonna has loads of ( way too many) FATERS - fan/haters ?.

How to spot a FATER:

* Theyre never ever happy with anything new Madonna releases. They write long and tedious essays on why her new material is no good always comparing it to her previous works which im sure they had slagged off too. 

* They pay so much attention to details and little insignificant things to the point of dissecting it like a CSI agent. So there will always be something for them to moan about and criticise.

* Theyre often and usually part of the ageist and sexist narrative. 

* They waive their right of free speech and accuse other fans of being blind sheep; basically if i dont hate a particular song or denounce M on a particular issue then i am a stupid follower with no opinion for myself. 

* Theyre passive/ aggressive on pretty much everything. They might express some positive opinion on something but it usually follows with a negative one so that anything M does is basically meh.

* They use Madonnas long history with controversy to highlight her perceived missteps. Quite often siding with the biased media machine than actual standing by M.

* The failure to grasp that M started out as a dance/ urban artist. Yes people thought she was black. But they quickly jump on bandwagon of accusing M of trying to be cool or go down with the kids when she does urban music. The whole thing comes across quite racist and ignorant in my opinion.

* They are very critical of how Madonna looks; color of hair, fillers, wrinkles, ass size... Honestly i dont even want to bore myself with the long list of how Madonna should or shouldn’t look like.

* They hate anything else M does besides music. No films, no other lucrative businesses ( gyms, hotels, restaurants, clothing... and of course MDNA skin)!  Madonna should only have a music career which more than likely they are also not too happy with anyway. 

* They fail (they refuse) to understand how the music business works these days. They cant see how features, duets and collabs are practically nothing to be stressing about because its the norm in music today. Same for autotune and other production trickeries.. nothing to lose sleep over because its the norm but for these fans those issues are the make it or break it of a particular song. 

* They use charts as a validation point. Basically Madonnas music is no good if it doesnt reach the number 1 spot. Instead of being logical on this charts thing they love to compare Madonnas today impact on the charts with the likes of Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift. As a fan i cant for the love of God even consider todays messy charts with the glorious days when M had global number ones after number ones based on sales rather than likes, clicks and views ( which are extremely easy to manipulate and buy these days). Madonnas the most successful female artist of all times not having hits in the late stage of her career wont change that so i dont understand this morbid obsession. 

Anything else?

3 hours ago, RayOfLight said:

How to spot a FATER:

* Theyre never ever happy with anything new Madonna releases. They write long and tedious essays on why her new material is no good always comparing it to her previous works which im sure they had slagged off too. 

* They pay so much attention to details and little insignificant things to the point of dissecting it like a CSI agent. So there will always be something for them to moan about and criticise.

* They waive their right of free speech and accuse other fans of being blind sheep; basically if i dont hate a particular song or denounce M on a particular issue then i am a stupid follower with no opinion for myself. 

* Theyre passive/ aggressive on pretty much everything. They might express some positive opinion on something but it usually follows with a negative one so that anything M does is basically meh.

* They use Madonnas long history with controversy to highlight her perceived missteps. Quite often siding with the biased media machine than actual standing by M.

* The failure to grasp that M started out as a dance/ urban artist. Yes people thought she was black. But they quickly jump on bandwagon of accusing M of trying to be cool or go down with the kids when she does urban music. The whole thing comes across quite racist and ignorant in my opinion.

* They are very critical of how Madonna looks; color of hair, fillers, wrinkles, ass size... Honestly i dont even want to bore myself with the long list of how Madonna should or shouldn’t look like.

* They hate anything else M does besides music. No films, no other lucrative businesses ( gyms, hotels, restaurants, clothing... and of course MDNA skin)!  Madonna should only have a music career which more than likely they are also not too happy with anyway. 

* They fail (they refuse) to understand how the music business works these days. They cant see how features, duets and collabs are practically nothing to be stressing about because its the norm in music today. Same for autotune and other production trickeries.. nothing to lose sleep over because its the norm but for these fans those issues are the make it or break it of a particular song. 

* They use charts as a validation point. Basically Madonnas music is no good if it doesnt reach the number 1 spot. Instead of being logical on this charts thing they love to compare Madonnas today impact on the charts with the likes of Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift. As a fan i cant for the love of God even consider todays messy charts with the glorious days when M had global number ones after number ones based on sales rather than likes, clicks and views ( which are extremely easy to manipulate and buy these days). Madonnas the most successful female artist of all times not having hits in the late stage of her career wont change that so i dont understand this morbid obsession. 

Anything else?

Wow amazingly right, we have a few of them on here including someone who claimed that "Madonna hasn't been a gay icon for a long time"

15 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

Wow amazingly right, we have a few of them on here including someone who claimed that "Madonna hasn't been a gay icon for a long time"

Fuck you.

Having different opinions doesn't make me a hater. That word is so fucking meaningless these days. I spent my life and a lot of money being devoted to her. Like EVERYONE else on this forum. I travel half-way around the world to see her perform.

The faggotry of some of her fanbase truly is pathetic sometimes. The whinging, the whining, the complaining, policing peoples opinions and thoughts, only allowing similar opinions to be heard like an echo chamber. All the hallmarks of mindless zombies suckling on the teat of social media.

I think for myself, my opinions are my own which I also stand by and I always go against the grain. Guess who taught me that?

27 minutes ago, Guest said:

Fuck you.

I don't get angry easily, but having different opinions doesn't make me a hater. That word is so fucking meaningless these days. I spent my life and a lot of money being devoted to her. Like EVERYONE else on this forum. I travel half-way around the world to see her perform.

The faggotry of some of her fanbase truly is pathetic sometimes. The whinging, the whining, the complaining, policing peoples opinions and thoughts, only allowing similar opinions to be heard like an echo chamber. All the hallmarks of mindless zombies suckling on the teat of social media.

I think for myself, my opinions are my own which I also stand by and I always go against the grain. Guess who taught me that?

What , asshole?  I'm not even gay, I'm bisexual and engaged to a woman, so you can take that faggotry crap elsewhere with your pink hair bullshit

35 minutes ago, guest said:

Fuck you.

I don't get angry easily, but having different opinions doesn't make me a hater. That word is so fucking meaningless these days. I spent my life and a lot of money being devoted to her. Like EVERYONE else on this forum. I travel half-way around the world to see her perform.

And you're not simply giving your opinion dude, you're making a broad, incorrect generalization .  Hell people I know that HATE Madonna at least acknowledge that she's a gay icon or has a big gay following, even my girlfriend said that to me when we first started dating

An opinion would be, "Her new song sucks".  OK fair enough, nothing wrong with your OPINION on that but you weren't simply having an opinion

You're making these statements to simply stir up drama on here, in dire need of attention like most gay guys who have ridiculous pink hair

15 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

What , asshole?  I'm not even gay, I'm bisexual and engaged to a woman, so you can take that faggotry crap elsewhere with your pink hair bullshit

You don’t have to be gay to act like a faggot.  I guess her pink hair is ridiculous too.TP5UAmLzaT2XRTzzOPDyyPxMecRRmHax2RmFVxSe

Very sad to see homophobic slurs being used to insult one another.

I've been very critical of Madonna when I believed her passion for her own artistry dwindled, but it seems to be back in full force. We never experienced a bad era from her until 10ish years ago, so to have your consistently amazing momma deliver some crap might've created a strong polarization in the fanbase. I understand the people who can't stand the criticism - when you've grown up with someone, you internalize them and almost treat them as family. Especially when you enter a fan forum, somewhat shielded from the ageism and sexism of the outside world, only to find other, valid criticism here, which might not be rooted in that. And you burst. I also understand the very disappointed crowd - it's not about nitpicking, since Madonna's music has objectively started suffering on the technical aspect, not to mention songwriting, vocal contributions and other things which might've been only Madonna's decisions. It might've been a combination of both her and the industry changing, but it was there. 

So yeah, calling people on this forum FATERS? Not okay. If someone's posts here come down only to foam on the mouth to other people's opinions and defending Madonna to the point of insulting others, it's time to reconsider. Also, if someone is blindly critical and bitter at this point and reiterating that over and over, it's time for them to take a chill pill too. What I'm saying here... there's crap on all sides. Just don't cross the lines, bitches. 

Actually, now reading it while calmer, I do agree with several of your points, @RayOfLight, it's a good post. I just don't think all of these things always coincide. Unfortunately, some things just come with age, and that's usually being more conservative, problematic, and less tolerant of modern music.

An incredibly bitter and childish article that basically insinuates that 'If you don't love everything Madonna does, then we must vilify you'.... everything about that is wrong. What is this?... the Communist State of Madonna?? Must we all 'tow the party line' or else be vilified with childish labels and insults? Blimey! If some fans want to blindly love everything she produces... thats great, good for them... I will never attempt to take that away from anyone. But there are others that do not believe in such a way, and these people do not deserve to be childishly vilified for holding a different point of view over something Madonna does. Madonna is a woman who has a job as a pop star, she's not an untouchable religious icon. Sometimes she makes great decisions in her career, and sometimes she makes bad ones... and it is up to the individual fan to decide which is which. It is perfectly OK to look at things she does with a critical eye, as we are the ones spending the money... we are the consumer, and her name is on the product. No-one has the right to label people who like to exercise their views as 'haters' or 'bad fans', or the super childish name.... 'Faters'.... especially as some of us have been following Madonna longer than some other fans have been alive... we are all entitled to our views, no matter how they differ.

What is very wrong, is to attack fellow fans because their opinions differ to your own.

SORRY FOR THE COMMOTION.

Well, first off i was trying to be funny ( sense of humour) when i invented FATER . I thought it might pick up as the word frenemy ?. Fater just like frenemy is not an insult so people shouldn't take it that way. 

And i have never stated fans shouldnt have critical opinions or discussions. After all thats what we are here for. All i was pointing out was the constant negativity regarding M. I see a lot of it going around in forums dedicated to her so i was just saying if a fan has many or all of those points then they might be a fater. 

Dont see why peeps feel so threatened by this. At the end of the day you guys know what you have in your heart so im not judging anybody here. 

PLEASE, LETS ALL GET ALONG. ??❤️

8 hours ago, RayOfLight said:

How to spot a FATER:

Anything else?

And some others like to make fun of other people's opinion. RayOfLight, I'm not sorry if your attempt to silence us is not successful. :08:

But seriously, what's the problem with you?? Can't you stand that people here have their own opinion, and believe it or not there are positive and negative opinions too?

What's the purpose of that, "make fun"? 

Well, so if there are fans who love to nod and applaud everything she does, great for them, but I'm not in that sack, and I won't apologize for thinking that way. I'm not the only one. ? And I'm not a blind fan who says amen to everything my idols do. Precisely!

Anyway, peace (and chill!). :coffee:

@Jascka

From my point this is a thread about this sort of things: fans/haters, etc.. People are taking things way too personal and i don’t understand why. I never said having opinions is bad. I have never said don't be critical. I was pointing out the negativity that comes from those sort of views. We are all different and we all have different minds i dont see that as a problem at all. I just got a problem with the negativity. Im all for peace. ??♥️

• 1 year later...