louis.exe

Like A Prayer Best Live Version  

62 members voted

1. 1. Best Live Version?

• blond ambition tour
    • re-invention tour
    • sticky & sweet tour
    • mdna tour

Definitely Sticky & Sweet. It's the only version I can listen to (I find LAP boring af) and it's also one of my favourite reinventions/remixes of a song in her whole career. Plus the performance is also one of her best - energetic, visually awesome, good choreography. 5/5

4 minutes ago, WeYo said:

I really liked "The MDNA Tour" version ... it had the new smell :Madonna049: but at the same time it wasn't overdone (nice and simple + powerful ending) - IMO. :Madonna019:

Agreed, I only really like the album version and this was the closest to it. Trying to turn it into a dance track always ruins it for me. I'd love an acoustic version at some point.

1 minute ago, rescueme said:

Agreed, I only really like the album version and this was the closest to it. Trying to turn it into a dance track always ruins it for me. I'd love an acoustic version at some point.

Yes, that's the main reason ... there's nothing wrong reinventing old songs -- but sometimes "less is more" .. :Madonna006:

mdna no doubts .. and second place the glorious performance of the blond .. sticky version is the worst for me.. does not have the emotion that the song needs .. it was nice to jump with others 60.000 persons in the river plate stadium but in the mdna ..My God ... an inexplicable feeling ... the 60,000 people stood up and did not stop singing and clapping throughout the song .. it was the most magical and exciting moment ... something that I will carry forever in my memory, I would like she never stop singing this song .. everyone complains but nobody says anything about holiday that was more interpreted in all world tours lol

11 hours ago, Giancor said:

Blond ambition. Is there a fanmade studio version? 

It's so good.

I made one - I'll dig it out sometime.

It's basically a blending of the 12" club version and the dance mix.

(Although I'd need to mix in the Paris footage to get the end part as that's not in studio format anywhere)

16 hours ago, PWCCA said:

The Blond Ambition Tour was the only time the song was ever done any justice... it had soul, it had feeling, it had passion. Later live renditions just dulled a great song into a bore-fest.

100%

The others are crap. They feel a bit cruise ship, happy-clappy, sing-along-a-Madge. There's no double entendre, no religious baiting, no electric guitar solo, no "God?", no foot shuffling nuns (don't get me started on the choreography!).

If we can only choose between these 4 options, I say "Reinvention Tour" only because of her best voice, but if you would include also the Rebel Heart Tour performance I would say this one, only because of her vocal. 

If instead I have to judge a performance by its spectacularity overall, I would choose Blond Ambition, but the voice was not at good at all, as in all the performance in which she dances moving too much

28 minutes ago, Rupert76 said:

If we can only choose between these 4 options, I say "Reinvention Tour" only because of her best voice, but if you would include in the opinions also the Rebel Heart Tour performance I would say this one, only because of her vocal. 

If instead I have to judge a performance by its spectacularity overall, I would choose Blond Ambition, but the voice was not at good at all, as in all the performance in which she dances moving too much

vocally yeah the reinvention tour was good and i remember it live and it was really good ..

On 5/17/2019 at 2:17 AM, robder said:

I made one - I'll dig it out sometime.

It's basically a blending of the 12" club version and the dance mix.

(Although I'd need to mix in the Paris footage to get the end part as that's not in studio format anywhere)

im waiting!

• 3 weeks later...

I love how she did it at Blond Ambition. It's near to perfect and so fucking epic. This catholic inscenation is awesome as fuck. 

Sticky & Sweet...I like the modern vibe it has and the performance is on point but...this Song has a very special kind of epicness and I miss that in this version.