Did Patrick Leonard stole money from fans?

vesalii

49 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

He must be hard up for money if he has to get donations. That's unfortunate if he didnt get good income for his collaborations

Crowdfunding is actually quite common nowadays even among established artists - De La Soul, TLC, Amanda Palmer all run successful campaigns to fund their projects in recent years. I'm sure Leonard can make a pretty comfortable living just from his Madonna royalties but why spend your own money when you can ask people to back your project up? Although I did think he was asking for a stupid amount - over $100,000 to record an instrumental album? Bit of a stretch in my opinion :).  

39 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Why can’t he release the demos and live recordings he was showing pictures of all those cassettes he had ? I suppose M wouldn’t allow it as she doesn’t want anything unreleased to be released 

she wont allow it but i dont think warners would allow it either 

2 hours ago, ScottyX said:

He must be hard up for money if he has to get donations. That's unfortunate if he didnt get good income for his collaborations

Was looking forward to his record

Artists use crowdfunding for projects like this so they can release the projects totally independently, without a record company -- so they can control the entire thing, and so they don't have deal with the whole legal mess of signing a deal, splitting profits, etc. -- it takes a lot of $$$ to produce music, produce and distribute physical copies, market & promote.  Crowdfunding would cover all that or at least make a dent.   It's not about being hard up.  He's the writer & producer of some of the biggest hits of the 80's into the 90's -- i'm sure he's doing quite well.

48 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

The only person stealing from Madonna fans... is Madonna.

The most true statement anyone has ever made.

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Why can’t he release the demos and live recordings he was showing pictures of all those cassettes he had ? I suppose M wouldn’t allow it as she doesn’t want anything unreleased to be released 

That would be a headache and cost thousands, if not millions to put together. Madonna has to sign off on it and receive a fraction, Warners and then putting it together to remaster it for the current sound age as much as possible. Legalities, royalties, credits. If he posted them, he'd be hit with a cease and desist/lawsuit in a heartbeat.

4 hours ago, NickiFinn said:

its steal not stole. Did Patrick leonard steal money from fans?

It’s “it’s” not “its”.