Madame X Tour | Paris

notbizzre

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, notbizzre said:

E tickets must be printed apparently..is that true?

Good question, I have only E-tickets as well. I will print them for safety's sake.

This sounds awful, and if it were a one off it might be excusable, but how are these crazy late start times still a thing, especially after starting 12 shows on time in London? What possible excuse is there now? It’s so unprofessional. She’s becoming increasingly hard to love these days. Sometimes you need to lose everything before you appreciate what you had, so I hope the French press rip her to shreds. I’m glad she’s losing money from this tour. I encourage fans not to waste money on these ridiculously expensive tickets, and maybe then, and only then, will she finally realise the value of her fans and work harder to maintain their commitment. Aye-aye-aye...

3 hours ago, Enrico said:

From MUnderground:

Madame X started her French ‘leg’ of the tour today at Le Grand Rex and unfortunately didn’t all go to plan.

Fans waiting outside were being told by Le Grand Rex that doors would not open until 9pm and she wouldn’t be on until 10pm, unfortunately even that was positive thinking but not quite the reality.

The fact was that Madonna arrived at the theatre very late and still needed to rehearse. Once people were let in word got around that she wouldn’t be taking the stage until midnight.

That was in fact the case. Madame X did not perform her show until a little before midnight and delivered the full show. The audience was quite tired from the hours of waiting so it took a while for M to get the crowd going. There was even a ‘BORING!!’ from the crowd during the opening intro. People in various seats were sleeping. 

The audience didn’t quite ‘get’ M’s jokes and it wasn’t until ‘American Life’ that they started to forget how tired they were and were groovin’ along to the beats. ‘Frozen’ got the best reception of the crowd of the night and Jean Paul Gaultier was the undisputed beer bitch. 

During the fado section M commented on the disco underneath the theatre as we kept hearing the music played there throughout Madonna’s show. She was also again very annoyed by people going in and out of the theatre, also complaining about the supposed curfew (that wasn’t there). 

The polaroid took quite a while before it finally sold for 2000EUR to a girl from Germany, according to Madonna Germany was quite ‘tricky’. 

Security was non-existant and people kept on walking through the isles to the front, people all around us with phones. Le Grand Rex please sort this out, it’s a mess!

I would like to know why Germany was "tricky" :confused:

Well it's cold in Paris and the next days must be rainy as well, so I hope it was just for the opening night and that the shows will start earlier, because that is disrespectful. No wonder the audience was tired...

Let's see how things will go in the next days.

4 hours ago, Enrico said:

From MUnderground:

Madame X started her French ‘leg’ of the tour today at Le Grand Rex and unfortunately didn’t all go to plan.

Fans waiting outside were being told by Le Grand Rex that doors would not open until 9pm and she wouldn’t be on until 10pm, unfortunately even that was positive thinking but not quite the reality.

The fact was that Madonna arrived at the theatre very late and still needed to rehearse. Once people were let in word got around that she wouldn’t be taking the stage until midnight.

That was in fact the case. Madame X did not perform her show until a little before midnight and delivered the full show. The audience was quite tired from the hours of waiting so it took a while for M to get the crowd going. There was even a ‘BORING!!’ from the crowd during the opening intro. People in various seats were sleeping. 

The audience didn’t quite ‘get’ M’s jokes and it wasn’t until ‘American Life’ that they started to forget how tired they were and were groovin’ along to the beats. ‘Frozen’ got the best reception of the crowd of the night and Jean Paul Gaultier was the undisputed beer bitch. 

During the fado section M commented on the disco underneath the theatre as we kept hearing the music played there throughout Madonna’s show. She was also again very annoyed by people going in and out of the theatre, also complaining about the supposed curfew (that wasn’t there). 

The polaroid took quite a while before it finally sold for 2000EUR to a girl from Germany, according to Madonna Germany was quite ‘tricky’. 

Security was non-existant and people kept on walking through the isles to the front, people all around us with phones. Le Grand Rex please sort this out, it’s a mess!

Oh dear what a mess so glad that London was strict 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, aprilshack said:

How did they get pics if phones are banned?

I read somewhere the security wasn’t too great and people had their phones out.

1 hour ago, tajybajyboo said:

This sounds awful, and if it were a one off it might be excusable, but how are these crazy late start times still a thing, especially after starting 12 shows on time in London? What possible excuse is there now? It’s so unprofessional. She’s becoming increasingly hard to love these days. Sometimes you need to lose everything before you appreciate what you had, so I hope the French press tip her to shreds. I’m glad she’s losing money from this tour. I encourage fans not to waste money on these ridiculously expensive tickets, and maybe then, and only then, will she finally realise the value of her fans and work harder to maintain their commitment. Aye-aye-aye...

A LONGEVE ARTIST is NEVER her audience 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, xrhaul said:

As cheap as it looks, Like a Prayer really was a highlight of the show for me. Everyone stood up the second those guitar riffs played and it was such a fun moment. 

4 minutes ago, EM said:

A LONGEVE ARTIST is NEVER her audience 

I’m not sure what longeve means? Do you mean an artist with longevity?

I don’t doubt she’s been a great artist. She’s already proven that, but her ability to continue being great is seriously in question, because her audience is dwindling. Her albums don’t sell well beyond week 1. She struggles to get her music played on the radio and her concert attendance figures over the last decade have declined. There are many reasons why that might be and so much of it is out her control. I appreciate her decline in popularity is not necessarily tied to the quality of her art.

I also realize it was never her attention for this tour to outgrows Sticky & Sweet. By design it was always going to be smaller, be seen by fewer people, and make less money, but that does negate the anger, frustration and disappointment many fans have felt during this era, and these are her most ardent supporters, people willing to pay hundreds, in some cases thousands of dollars/pounds/euros to see a show that is quite literally putting people to sleep.

Perhaps she doesn’t care. Perhaps some fans don’t care either. They’ll forgive and applaud her no matter what she does, but tolerating this behaviour only encourage it, and she needs to understand how damaging it is in order to change it. Otherwise she’ll be performing her ‘great’ art to an ever shrinking audience. Any aspirations to ‘disturb the peace’ will have long since past, because the rest of the world will have moved on, won’t know about it and won’t care. Simply put, she can’t continue being a great artist without people acknowledging the greatness of her art. I love her but in her own words, she needs to ‘wake up’. 

18 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Here we go, when you search for "Madonna" on french Google all the headline news are about her starting her show 3:30 hours late with people waiting outside in the cold....

Screenshot_20200223-131430_Chrome.jpg

Yup - expected and deserved. There’s no defence and no excuses. There are 11 more opportunities now to put this right, but does anyone really believe it will get any better? Please, please, prove me wrong M. We’re willing you to succeed but our patience is waning.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic