Madame X Tour | Paris

notbizzre

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I'm back after many many many months of absence. I had to do it on purpose, I was avoiding the info from the tour at all costs. I saw her in Paris, first show, and this was my experience:

I got to the venue at 7.20 pm. To my surprise, the doors were still closed. I saw some security guy and he told me that the opening had been delayed till 9 pm, with the concert starting much later, so I went to a bar and grabbed a drink with some other fans. We came back by 9 but we couldn't enter the place until 11 pm. The place was beautiful and I bought some merch (the programme and a t-shirt). We waited and waited and the concert started by midnight (I think, I didn't have a watch and my phone was inside that stupid bag). At first I felt... I little disappointed. I don't know, I guess I was expecting a much more elaborated intro, rather than that repetitive manifesto. 

My favorite numbers were Human Nature, Vogue (this should have been the intro), I don't search I find (I wasn't expecting to like this live because I don't really enjoy the album version), Medellín, Crazy, Extreme Occident, Frozen (although Lola's hairy armpits were a little distracting given how beautiful the projection was), Like a Prayer and I rise. I also enjoyed Rescue Me (although I was expecting at least a chorus or something longer after the interlude) and Future (I wasn't expecting to like this one and I wouldn't have imagined Madonna playing the piano on this!).

After the concert, the real nightmare was arriving safe and sound at home. I ended up on a night bus, with all kinds of weird people, and I couldn't really go to sleep until 4 am. Even though I liked the concept they developed and the concert itself, I couldn't help but wonder how those songs would have been done in a stadium or an arena. I really hope next tour is bigger (arenas, at least) and better, especially because of the prices and the cancellation risk.

Concert done tonight.

I wanted to write about it with a fresh mind, lest my memories fade away.

I've been a Madonna fan since I was 13, I am now 36 - which means I'm past the adoration phase typical of our younger days. I think it's important to say that. Tonight I saw her live for the second time in my life, the first one being her RH Tour.

The mobile-free experience is great. It allows you to focus on the show as a whole, no distraction. 

Seeing her take the stage with God Control (I adore that song) gave me a real adrenaline boost. I can only describe my emotion right then as something really intense.

She sang great, nearly all songs are entirely live - contrary to what I had read. It's true that the autotune gives more harmony to the lot, but very little pre-recorded vocals this time (I remember hating them back at her RH Tour)

A real highlight of the show was to me Batuka. The music is married perfectly with the performance. Really a good one. Very powerful.

I didn't like her costumes, minus the Cape Verde and the I Rise sections. I found that her other costumes weren't particularly fitting or enhancing her shape. That said, she looks incredibly beautiful.

I somehow missed the athletic Madonna of the golden days throughout the show, but she still has a great stage presence. That's undeniable.

Medellin brought the house down..the floor was literally jumping.

Come Alive and Future didn't make it for me, maybe because the show is really long and intense so by that that time one gets somehow tired. 

Like a Prayer was a real beauty, and same was Frozen. 

We got a treat to a brief section of La Vie en Rose + a choral version of Express Yourself (not sure if the latter is actually part of the show). €2k for the polaroid selfie went to some girl who apparently has been selling all she could so that she'd have her cash tonight...I still find that moment tasteless, sorry but hey! As long as they're happy.

No warm beer chat tonight.

I found all of her dialogues funny. I love her humour. 

This show is a must-see. To be able to enjoy Madonna in a simpler scenic performance really is a new experience.

Thank you for existing Madonna. Your words and your art tonight really touched me. 

3 hours ago, G House said:

My favorite numbers were Human Nature, Vogue (this should have been the intro), I don't search I find (I wasn't expecting to like this live because I don't really enjoy the album version), Medellín, Crazy, Extreme Occident, Frozen (although Lola's hairy armpits were a little distracting given how beautiful the projection was), Like a Prayer and I rise. I also enjoyed Rescue Me (although I was expecting at least a chorus or something longer after the interlude) and Future (I wasn't expecting to like this one and I wouldn't have imagined Madonna playing the piano on this!).

Well, fun fact, sometimes it is on this tour :Madonna009: And no, I'm not saying that facetiously. 

You've missed a lot these last few months. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 hours ago, G House said:

I actually attended a show where Vogue was the opener, and surprisingly it wasn’t a big highlight for me. RIT proves that it makes a fantastic opener, but I personally didn’t think it worked as well on the MX Tour. 

4 hours ago, notbizzre said:

Concert done tonight.

I wanted to write about it with a fresh mind, lest my memories fade away.

I've been a Madonna fan since I was 13, I am now 36 - which means I'm past the adoration phase typical of our younger days. I think it's important to say that. Tonight I saw her live for the second time in my life, the first one being her RH Tour.

The mobile-free experience is great. It allows you to focus on the show as a whole, no distraction. 

Seeing her take the stage with God Control (I adore that song) gave me a real adrenaline boost. I can only describe my emotion right then as something really intense.

She sang great, nearly all songs are entirely live - contrary to what I had read. It's true that the autotune gives more harmony to the lot, but very little pre-recorded vocals this time (I remember hating them back at her RH Tour)

A real highlight of the show was to me Batuka. The music is married perfectly with the performance. Really a good one. Very powerful.

I didn't like her costumes, minus the Cape Verde and the I Rise sections. I found that her other costumes weren't particularly fitting or enhancing her shape. That said, she looks incredibly beautiful.

I somehow missed the athletic Madonna of the golden days throughout the show, but she still has a great stage presence. That's undeniable.

Medellin brought the house down..the floor was literally jumping.

Come Alive and Future didn't make it for me, maybe because the show is really long and intense so by that that time one gets somehow tired. 

Like a Prayer was a real beauty, and same was Frozen. 

We got a treat to a brief section of La Vie en Rose + a choral version of Express Yourself (not sure if the latter is actually part of the show). €2k for the polaroid selfie went to some girl who apparently has been selling all she could so that she'd have her cash tonight...I still find that moment tasteless, sorry but hey! As long as they're happy.

No warm beer chat tonight.

I found all of her dialogues funny. I love her humour. 

This show is a must-see. To be able to enjoy Madonna in a simpler scenic performance really is a new experience.

Thank you for existing Madonna. Your words and your art tonight really touched me. 

did she ask the people to come closer to the stage like Sunday?

25 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I actually attended a show where Vogue was the opener, and surprisingly it wasn’t a big highlight for me. RIT proves that it makes a fantastic opener, but I personally didn’t think it worked as well on the MX Tour. 

To me it was a great opener. In my opinion, it set the tone for the entire show perfectly. I wish I could attend another show with GC as opener to be able to compare the two versions. Unfortunately, it’s not gonna happen. ?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
Just now, notbizzre said:

I found that her Madame X songs were the most interesting parts of the show!!

I thought that as well, with the exception of Frozen, which was the greatest moment of the show for me. Crazy, Batuka, Come Alive and I Don’t Search I Find were my other highlights. 

15 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I thought that as well, with the exception of Frozen, which was the greatest moment of the show for me. Crazy, Batuka, Come Alive and I Don’t Search I Find were my other highlights. 

True! IDSIF was epic! The Hollywood retro vibe of the performance was really cool!

Crazy was good too!

I couldn't help noticing how M always has this fight attitude towards her dancers. Last night I wondered if it is meant to symbomise her neverending clash with the world! She's an outsider afterall, and we know what it means to feel or be different in our society. 

4 hours ago, aprilshack said:

Being the short show version tonight, wonder what time she will be on? Getting excited for Sunday now!

Also do they actually close the theatre front doors at 8.30 so you can miss the show entirely?!!

No they don’t. But if you’re going get there by 9 because I missed the start last night!!

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

My review of last night!!!

I loved this! Thanks for taking us right there Live afterwards. I loved how the show left you speechless. Watching you put your thoughts together on everything was cool. Can't wait for you to see the show next week to draw comparisons. ????

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

I loved this! Thanks for taking us right there Live afterwards. I loved how the show left you speechless. Watching you put your thoughts together on everything was cool. Can't wait for you to see the show next week to draw comparisons. ????

You are welcome! I mainly filmed it for my friend who was supposed to come as she wanted to live vacariously through me. And a few other friends were interested to. I just kept going on for 13 minutes ?

Hi !

I saw the show on Paris opening night saturday 22th (after cancellation of my show that was the 20th) and I was happy to have a chance to see her and the show, Rang L, seat 36 ! not too bad !!

I loved it, although it is true she began very late that night, at midnight as everyone knows, but I was there to see Madonna, the rest of the audience was also very patient... we knew early this was gonna be a long night...

The fado group was nice, the Madonna songs began to wake everyone up !!

And the arrival of Jean-Paul Gaultier brought joy to everyone, he was greatly welcomed bu the audience, acclamation and cheers.

Then midnight !

I loved the show...2h15 ? Well it felt really 1 hour, time went by so quickly, really.

God Control, I was not a fan of that song (loved the video though) but live, I enjoyed it. The disco upbeat song is a perfect opener.

Dark Ballet is great, I loved the way she disturbed the piano player... Human Nature too... very good version.

The whole portuguese section is my fav part I guess... The intro and then Batuka is brilliant, perfectly recreating the video, which is great. The movements, the smiles, the singing, I loved it all.

Medellin is even better live, much better vocally than the Billboard awards version. I 1/2/cha/cha/cha with fun and anergy, it was really great to enjoy myself on this track I've been listening to a lot since may 2019. What a fabulous track ! I was glad it came like a real big number in this section.

Loved Crazy, Extreme Occident, too... but I really really loved Killers. Moved me to tears. It's a great song and she sings it her heart out. Highlight !

Frozen, It's not that I didn't like it, but I was expecting much power in this version (it's slower than the original... was not moved like many of you by it.

Come Alive is sure another hightlight. The song is great, this live intro, longer than on the album, is really good, it is visually stunning. I loved it.

Can we talk about the great ideo to introduce Like A Prayer with the guitar intro of the album version ?!!! I couldn't belive my ears !! This version was everything, the whole place was in heaven during that song. She's got to make it on any Madonna concert setlist. Hightlight

Future was okay, but it's king of sad with the images. loved the album version much better though

I rise was okay too, I enjoyed the song more live, just like God Control.

In the end I was happy because I didn't see or knew much about the tour and I was afraid it lacked what I admire in any Madonna tour: the show, the choreos, the way she perfoms ...and you got it all in the Madame X Tour, that was a relief from the start.

I love the fact she's still passiionnate about her way to perfom, in spite of the injury, I think she did just great.

The voice... I was happy to ear everything was live, a little bit autotuned sometimes but at least it was live and I appreciated that !

Usually I go and see every tour twice but this time it was the one night only for me, and I just wish to see her again...

See I was 12 in 1989 when I bought my first Madonna record, becoming a fan thanks to The Blond Ambition Tour, so I will just admit or confess that I was moved to see her live in Le Grand Rex. I mean she's still alive and well (well, she's injured) but she still is performing. She's brilliant.

I was happy that so many critics in France praise the show and her performance (still pointing the late shows), I was not used to it.

I hope she will definitely go on and tour in the future. She's forever my idol and I listen to a lot of music.

I'm french so remeber that english is not my language !!

• Enrico unfeatured this topic