Madame X Tour | Paris

notbizzre

I think we should all appreciate her courage and effort to go on and not say she should cancel. Some fans have yet to see the show, she cares about them, we should respect that too.

Now only 8 shows are left.

Hope she doesn't need surgery but just a long rest. I am not implying she is not badly injured or not suffering, but yesterday that accident scared her and brought bad memories.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I think we should all appreciate her courage and effort to go on and not say she should cancel. Some fans have yet to see the show, she cares about them, we should respect that too.

Now only 8 shows are left.

Hope she doesn't need surgery but just a long rest. I am not implying she is not badly injured or not suffering, but yesterday that accident scared her and brought bad memories.

At the end of the day, we don’t know what has caused/how bad her injury/affliction is. I hope she has the right people around her to give good advice & to tell her it’s not good to perform if it’s more serious than we know & if she is being stubborn about it all, or while she is obviously in great pain knows that she can carry on without further damage. I just hope she is being fairly sensible about it all considering we don’t know what’s really going on.

1 hour ago, aprilshack said:

At the end of the day, we don’t know what has caused/how bad her injury/affliction is. I hope she has the right people around her to give good advice & to tell her it’s not good to perform if it’s more serious than we know & if she is being stubborn about it all, or while she is obviously in great pain knows that she can carry on without further damage. I just hope she is being fairly sensible about it all considering we don’t know what’s really going on.

Even mentally she is probably entirely worn out now. I'd be prouder of her for holding her hands up and saying enough.

It takes more strength to cry, admit defeat.

7 hours ago, luckystar908 said:

You've seen the show and complained about it already a couple of weeks ago, so if you choose to go again, be happy about it or leave your seat to someone else. Enough with the self-inflicted unhappiness, just don't go if you're bored.

I took my ticket last year... So I must deal with it. And I'm not going to waste 400€ leaving my place that will not be bought on ebay... Let's face it too...

And I complain about the fact that I'm very very unlucky that I will always see the 3 times a second night show so I will never see God control and Dark ballet (I don't really care about the third one).

What a bad idea to cut the first segment. I think God control is perhaps one of the best moment of the show. The real opening. Why cutting this one ? She can dance less, I prefer hearing her voice (if she sings). Just sad that if she has to do less no matter what is the reason, why not cutting Crazy (I love this song but the live version is not the best part) or the worst song of the show which is Future...

Just so so sad.

This tour is the accursed one... Her injury and the cut show... No more Sodade, Papa don't preach, Crave and then God control, Dark ballet and Human nature... At the end it's so bad to know that US had no less than 6 extra songs !

7 hours ago, tajybajyboo said:

This is all so sad, and it's giving me tragic Evita vibes. If she makes it to Saturday maybe she should skip the beer bitch and sing the Lament and You Must Love Me instead:

The choice was mine, and mine completely
I could have any prize that cancelled the tour if I desired
I could burn with the splendor of the brightest fire
Or else, or else I could choose time

Remember I was very young then
And a year was forever and a day
So what use could fifty, sixty, seventy be?
I saw the lights, and I was on my way

And how I lived, how they shone
But how soon the lights were gone...

Deep in my heart, I'm concealing
Things that I'm longing to say
Scared to confess, what I'm feeling
Frightened you'll slip away
You must love me, you must love me
You must. love. me.

GetAlife

She's going to finish the tour, and I hope the broadcast/streaming of the show will happen soon. Not #soon. Lol. 

I can't say from my experience of seeing the show 4x in North America that she's unhappy with the show or tour itself, I can't say if she's unhappy about anything, ever... but there is a very distinct difference with her message of the show (musically, theatrically, topically. It's all very clear to me she's making feminist statements throughout the show.) versus the attitude and demeanor her Madame X persona takes, which is a little beyond bitchy and just shy of condescension. She's not going to have a cancelled tour on her resume. So the feeling I've gotten is: if she has to suffer, the so shall we. 

There have been a few rare moments that she has to truly prove something, whether if she's been universally misunderstood for a project like Pepsi-gate, or the Justify My Love/Erotica/SEX period, or the American Life video, or killing it during the Confessions era with her riding accident, etc., and now with Madame X, she's not proving to everybody she can do it as much as proving it to herself. 
Even a senseless mistake like a chair not being in place, on an already injured performer, can be tremendously painful to her body, not to mention her ego. Nobody likes looking like that. This is not my favorite era, but I will always root for her to succeed. 
My hope for her is that she feels like she's accomplished more than she set out to do with this tour, but that she can also find contentment in the future with just performing her music; either as simply, or as complex, as she wants. 

3 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

I took my ticket last year... So I must deal with it. And I'm not going to waste 400€ leaving my place that will not be bought on ebay... Let's face it too...

And I complain about the fact that I'm very very unlucky that I will always see the 3 times a second night show so I will never see God control and Dark ballet (I don't really care about the third one).

What a bad idea to cut the first segment. I think God control is perhaps one of the best moment of the show. The real opening. Why cutting this one ? She can dance less, I prefer hearing her voice (if she sings). Just sad that if she has to do less no matter what is the reason, why not cutting Crazy (I love this song but the live version is not the best part) or the worst song of the show which is Future...

Just so so sad.

This tour is the accursed one... Her injury and the cut show... No more Sodade, Papa don't preach, Crave and then God control, Dark ballet and Human nature... At the end it's so bad to know that US had no less than 6 extra songs !

So many haven't even seen one show.  Be happy you've seen at least most of the show.  Be happy she's even putting on a show.  She made it very clear she's cutting parts of the show due to her injuries.  You must respect that.

You might find it a "bad idea to cut the first segment", but I think it's a bad idea to complain about something you're so lucky to see that many others haven't especially knowing she could have just cancelled your show all together. 

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't release the dvd of the tour... knowing her personna, i doubt she wants the world to see a tour where she's injured and cannot give the best of herself. Also, all the bad things that happened during this tour (cancellations, shortened show, physical pain,...) i think she will wanna close this chapter as soon as possible and never look back at it again...

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't release the dvd of the tour... knowing her personna, i doubt she wants the world to see a tour where she's injured and cannot give the best of herself. Also, all the bad things that happened during this tour (cancellations, shortened show, physical pain,...) i think she will wanna close this chapter as soon as possible and never look back at it again...

i think she should be proud of what she created  and show the world how great she was even injured and i wanna see it ?

I can't imagine her not releasing a DVD and Blu-Ray. This is where she can make up the money she's lost doing a theatre tour. I hope she does it in a documentary style with a lot of details behind the scenes for everything that's happened with her injuries etc, but I'll take anything being I didn't get to see it Live this time. 

12 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I can't imagine her not releasing a DVD and Blu-Ray. This is where she can make up the money she's lost doing a theatre tour. I hope she does it in a documentary style with a lot of details behind the scenes for everything that's happened with her injuries etc, but I'll take anything being I didn't get to see it Live this time. 

Eh, I doubt she makes much from these releases. I think she recognizes she's a performance artist first and foremost and needs a proper record of each of her concert touring efforts.

I wouldn't be very surprised, either, if she eventually shelves Madame X.

58 minutes ago, techno101 said:

Eh, I doubt she makes much from these releases. I think she recognizes she's a performance artist first and foremost and needs a proper record of each of her concert touring efforts.

I wouldn't be very surprised, either, if she eventually shelves Madame X.

She's not shelving this. We know that this has already been filmed in Lisbon.  Those who attended those shows know she didn't really hint to any injury while performing those nights. While a Documentary would probably be good for entertainment as there has been a lot of drama come out of this tour, but I suspect we're getting a straight forward film of the actual tour.  She won't make much money from selling this on DVD or streaming, but she will definitely keep this release looking as if it came off without a hitch.  What was filmed, was pretty much the complete show since she started. It was after this, that the show was getting cut a lot as well as her complaining about being in pain, etc.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic