Madame X Tour | Paris

notbizzre

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I feel so sad for her. This must END NOW!!! Still too many dates to come. ? & with pain it will be much longer... ?

I agree. It's quite insane that she's willing to jeopardize her health in this way. One wrong move and something can go terribly wrong. At this point, all the whining and complaining about this tour is nothing compared to the fact she's seeing this through while in great pain.  She might not be performing the full set list, but she's still performing nearly 2 hours.  She has nothing to prove.  Just watching her come and go to the theater, you can tell she's in a lot of pain.  I feel so bad for her.  I wouldn't hold it against her, if she just cancel the rest of the tour.

7 hours ago, ILOVENY said:

Started with Vogue. Very serious. No smiles. No jokes. Se was in pain, she was not having fun doing the concert. No beer chat, she sang La vie en Rose (two verses) with a musician. Polaroid 2500€, no jokes, just accepted the money and gave the German girl the photo. Audience trying to tell her that we love her but she only smiled 2 times. Introducing Future (no body is coming to the future) she almost cry

She is a fighter, she is a warrior. She said we need very fews things from life, the most important health. 

A german again? Lol

About health, i'm totally with her!

She must really have started to be in pain cos on wed we had a great show, smiles and warmth and all

Madonna cancel next dates!!!!! Postpone them!!!!!! Do something!!!!

7 hours ago, Voguerista said:

From Bowling at Madonna Tribe. Her pain sounds worse than ever  ?

So back from the show, 
Radio edit after a very nice warm up from the band , we took our seat front row when they just started.
First row is definitely NOT the best seat in the house, anything from row 1 to 5 is too close and I mean it.
Yes you get to see her up close BUT she was so not at ease, she s in pain, she s exhausted and after few minutes even my parents look at me with that expression “what is going on”
You could almost felt everybody wondering will she go through the show and she did. But in a bad mood, from pain, exhaustion, and especially after the Polaroid won by a German girl. Someone say something anti German and her expression was terrible. She said” I heard that every country had bad history or history involved tyran so don’t lecture anyone” followed by a long pause and looking aggressively in the audience.
Same when she told the story about Celeste passing away an italian girl next to me said “hun?” Like she didn’t understand. And same Madonna stopped, looked at her and answer her with a stone face and aggressive tone . “It meant she died”. It was awkward... and again a weird long pause :starring at the girl....
There was a lot of love and scream from fan I guess but not enough, she complained about the audience being half asleep. We were not enough so she kinda switch to the auto pilote mode for a while.
She warmed a bit when the whole fado section got wild reaction.
My parents and brother didn’t especially notice the bad mood but they did notice her pain and exhaustion.
What was incredible was her voice, never ever I ve heard sing like that. EVER.
Especially la vie en Rose. Through the roof. Jaw dropping performance. So was extreme Occident.
Now to adress the elephant in the room she is beyond exhausted. Compare to Chicago she was the shadow of herself.
Yes it’s admirable she keep on going but the pain is too obvious now, there something unhealthy for everybody in the room at this point imho.
The dancers looks worried, m look worried at every step she take, the audience was worried about her pain.
It create a weird atmosphere, probably the people in the row far back wouldn’t notice but for us at front row, we could see the eyes contact, the subtle interaction between them. And M facial expression. She had a dancer holding her hand or close to her almost all the time. After butaka dance she seat next to one of the lady, the last one took her hand to comfort her and M was making again that face of someone being in so much pain :-/
M missed her come alive entrance with incomplete costume , her lap entrance and at the end of lap she was almost crying.
I don’t know what to make of this night. It was emotional, brilliant brave, awkward and painful all at the same time.
I don’t how to express it better.
Since it’s the second radio edit in a row I Think it would be the case until the end. 
I have 2 more shows to attend, when I told my parents she has all those remaining shows to do they ask “how she s gonna make it?”
Don’t take this review as a negative one, it’s not, it’s just what I felt being so close to the stage and the whole energy coming from it. 
I guess people not as close had Probably different feeling. But imho was not her best performance, not her best night, not her best crowd, but probably her best voice EVER...
So bittersweet is the word to describe that night even if my guest had a blast, I for one was worried and sorry for her many times.

The dancers looked worried too? I wonder how much of what you're saying is just your own personal interpretation inclined to drama and how much is actual fact...

7 minutes ago, notbizzre said:

The dancers looked worried too? I wonder how much of what you're saying is just your own personal interpretation inclined to drama and how much is actual fact...

I wonder that too.... Of course she is not giving 100% but the lack of gratitude from some fans is saddening. So many others have missed this show completely, to see it at all is a blessing. I am so grateful!

On 2/29/2020 at 3:37 AM, TonyMontana said:

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't release the dvd of the tour... knowing her personna, i doubt she wants the world to see a tour where she's injured and cannot give the best of herself. Also, all the bad things that happened during this tour (cancellations, shortened show, physical pain,...) i think she will wanna close this chapter as soon as possible and never look back at it again...

The shows in lisbon were filmed and will be released. i think she would most certainly want for everybody to see this tour! it got rave reviews and she is most certainly proud of it.

pain is a part of life. if she wanted to forget about bad chapters in her life she certainly wouldn't post that unfortunate BRIT performance on her official YouTube chanel for everybody to see. The one where she fell right on her head. But she did, and I applaud her for that.

I feel really bad for her... I kinda understand why she's insisting on doing the tour. She's not accustomed to the fact that her body is just not able to perform so she's pushing her into doing the thing however painful is this. She needs time to accept the fact that she's not in her prime form anymore. 

I just hope this is only her decision and her team would be supportive if she wanted to cancel it.

On 2/28/2020 at 1:39 PM, Enrico said:

Can someone who was at the concert explain how it happened? @Rupert76

We know that she took a tumble during Vogue, but when exactly and how? Both Underground and Oxana IG confirm she fell on stage.

Was it during the song à la Brit Awards?

I read on Bible she went to sit down but the chair wasn’t there and she fell on her ass.

I don't remember her sitting down during Vogue, only at the end...

Report from Tribe doesn't say anything about a tumble: "As soon as the screen went up and Vogue started you could notice Madonna was uncomfortable and in huge amounts of pain. She got through Vogue and I Don’t Search I Find, and then when she took the selfie she seemed to take ages to start speaking".

I apologize for the delay, but I haven't had time to write before now.
Yes, that's exactly what happened: she fell down at the end of Vogue's performance, when she was going to sit in front of the typewriter.
We have been so afraid for her, and for
few seconds we thought the show was already ended. 

But, as always, Madonna surprised us and continued her show with great professionalism.
It was really struggle to see her in tears on the moment before the Polaroid, sobbing for the pain she felt, while explaining us that she had unimaginable pain and that she would have completed the tour, despite the contrary opinion of the doctors who follow her, even if she had to pay this choice with her own life

On 2/29/2020 at 3:37 AM, TonyMontana said:

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't release the dvd of the tour... knowing her personna, i doubt she wants the world to see a tour where she's injured and cannot give the best of herself. Also, all the bad things that happened during this tour (cancellations, shortened show, physical pain,...) i think she will wanna close this chapter as soon as possible and never look back at it again...

Which shows did you attend again?

The show is beyond beautiful and she continues to push through it because she is proud of her work I can assure you.

She filmed Lisbon and gave everything for the cameras and it will get released. They also have footage of shows before that.

If she just wanted to close the chapter and move on she’d have done so already I think.

I attended the show yesterday. It was my first and only time seeing Madame X and it was a great experience which, in retrospect, left mixed feelings.

Don't get me wrong, the show is great (although it was the short version starting with Vogue) and it's visually stunning. I saw it from second row which is very close, maybe too close :lol: to really have an overall perception of the whole thing, but it was awesome to be this close. And her voice was very good actually.

The thing is, when you're so close, you see everything... and it's obvious she's in great pain. She's clearly suffering and struggling, both physically and mentally. There is definitely a lot of frustration on her part for not being able to give her all. You can see she is really concerned and careful with every step/move she takes. So, she's not really having fun and doesn't seem really into it. It looks like she just wanna go through it and be done with it as soon as possible... It made the whole thing a bit awkward and strange... Now I'm really concerned for her health and the rest of the tour.

That being said, it was a great experience. Never thought I would ever see her that close. She seems so tiny actually... She sang La Vie En Rose not even 5 metres away from me. That was kinda magical and surreal. I could make eye contact with her on several occasions, which is always impressive (to me at least), especially during the American Life rap...
I really loved and enjoyed the whole Fado section. Frozen was beautiful. Future was meh (I would have preferred to see God Control). I didn't care much for Come Alive as an album track, but the performance was great and made me appreciate it in a new way. I found the ending a bit anticlimactic, but it was ok.

It's still a bit blurry and it's difficult to sum everything up. But that's roughly the way it felt.

I'm really grateful I got to see it but I hope it was not at the expense of her own health :sad:
Hopefully the rest of the Tour will go well but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets cancelled...
The French authorities just took the decision yesterday to forbid and cancel any gathering of more than 5000 people because of the coronavirus (if she was performing in an arena, like Bercy, the show would have been cancelled). If they decide to take more restrictive measures, that could be the premature end of Madame X Tour (and maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing for M's health and wellbeing).

5 hours ago, notbizzre said:

I was there 2 rows behind bowling - he was spot on with this - there was obvious concern for her at many points - more lifting and assistance than I’ve seen in any of the previous 6 shows over Lisbon and london

she was in a black bad mood from the start and in very obvious pain and limited movements compared to when I saw her 12th Feb - was heartbreaking and I think this is some of the reason the audience weren’t great - I was row 3 but would agree probably at least until row 5-6 everyone could see the pain and struggle she went through and it was uncomfortable

i have 2 shows Tuesday & Wednesday - she needs to rest and probably cancel more of the shows because this is completely different to the pain people saw in Lisbon (and I had 2 of my Lisbon shows cancelled last minute so can see the difference)

I think the fall on Wednesday During vogue has made her injury much worse...

Edited by Krystof (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me

It’s been a difficult era for her to be honest, and I’ll be happy when it’s over so she can rest up. Hopefully she’ll be able to get through the final few dates. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic