Madame X Tour | Paris

notbizzre

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooor man - gutted for those who were due to be going tonight.  Such a bad situation.  I can totally understand her wanting to carry on as much as she can (and I'm glad she did) but sometimes wish this tour would have been handled a bit better and with more respect for her fans.  Tho she never would have avoided disappointing people.  

And......good on her for calling out the heckler who said something about Germany.  People can't just think it's alright to spout this stuff off, about an entire nation, cos the fancy takes them........and at a pop concert! She's right, most our countries have shitty pasts (and maybe presents). Just another example of why I love her. Madame X is a political world leader.

I had such a fantastic time at my MX show. However, I have been quietly grieving recently when I think of M. It is completely natural with M getting older as we all are. But I have a sadness for the weakening certainty and dependency that I used to have on M to be able to come out all guns ablazing (quite literally in case of MDNAT).  Of course, M is not over as an artist - but I have to accept that the few-yearly routine of seeing M live in a knockout show will become more distant...  I sincerely hope that M in the future is able to alter her vision to produce a less-physically demanding show that she is still artistically proud of.

2 hours ago, Ayham said:

Who pulled the chair??? This mistake is unforgivable!!! Poor M!!! She’s already in pain from her knee!!! ?

Unforgivable is starting a tour with these ticket prices after such an injury taking place, before resting and recovering.

Unforgivable is canceling shows when you already have people on a line waiting to see you.  Or that lottery thing they did at the beginning. Or failing to know the measures of every single stage you have shows, so your fucking stage fits. You know...basic things that every act knows. 

Pulling a chair by mistake during a single show? Easily forgivable. The problems are not the chairs or the dancers on this tour. That's not the problem here. 

I also just realized this is the first tour being organized not solely by Live Nation but also by Guy Oseary's management as well. (Maverick)

That explains the mess this has been. 

Speaking of Guy...where the hell is he? One of his biggest artists and supposedly a friend is literally killing herself on stage every night and he's nowhere in sight. I'm sure that mansion in Brazil or wherever the hell he's living is nice. Literally everything he has is thanks to this woman. And she lives in such a bubble that only her doesn't realize how much harm this past year has done for her entire career. 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

People thinking this tour could be rescheluded in 2 minutes have really no clue how these things works. She's doing her best, and thank god only 7  (or less) shows are left so people could finally shut up about it.

I love you

51 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Unforgivable is starting a tour with these ticket prices after such an injury taking place, before resting and recovering.

Unforgivable is canceling shows when you already have people on a line waiting to see you.  Or that lottery thing they did at the beginning. Or failing to know the measures of every single stage you have shows, so your fucking stage fits. You know...basic things that every act knows. 

Pulling a chair by mistake during a single show? Easily forgivable. The problems are not the chairs or the dancers on this tour. That's not the problem here. 

I also just realized this is the first tour being organized not solely by Live Nation but also by Guy Oseary's management as well. (Maverick)

That explains the mess this has been. 

Speaking of Guy...where the hell is he? One of his biggest artists and supposedly a friend is literally killing herself on stage every night and he's nowhere in sight. I'm sure that mansion in Brazil or wherever the hell he's living is nice. Literally everything he has is thanks to this woman. And she lives in such a bubble that only her doesn't realize how much harm this past year has done for her entire career. 

I don't know what correlation there is between a dancer supposedly forgetting to put a chair in place for her to sit and Guy Oseary. :stare: Are you ok

1 hour ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

criticize guy all you want, but this is one is more likely about her ego and determination to finish this tour. 

During the Lisbon run it was a mess with sudden cancellations, and a nightmare here in the forum with people saying she needed to stop the tour. Then during the London run everything went well: they cancelled the extra shows in advance and the rest went on as planned. The shows even started on time!

Paris started with technical difficulties but I have the impression it would have been alright if it wasn't for the unexpected accident on Thursday. Yesterday we had signs that things were getting worse: the show was cut even if it was the first of two, all the reports said she was suffering and in bad mood. Today's cancellation doesn't come totally unexpected...

If she wanted to cancel everything, she had a good "excuse" in the coronavirus spreading in France, today the Louvre Museum was closed. It's obvious she doesn't want to do that and won't explain what the real reasons are. I think she will try to do as many shows as she can (that's her declared intention: "I need to rest a few days so I can finish the tour"), but we have to expect more cancellations. If you are travelling from far and are afraid to lose time and money, think about it.

I was supposed to be at tonight's show... I feel sad even though I had the chance to see her on the 22nd of February. I do hope she will feel better very soon. At this point, I feel bad for her, trying to keep on doing her shows. If she is not cancelling some of the last 5 shows, I hope everything will go well and that she will be able to take care of herself and come back soon.

It won't be the same of course but I am looking forward to watch the Madame X show on Bluray.

2 hours ago, kissmeimdying said:

Ooor man - gutted for those who were due to be going tonight.  Such a bad situation.  I can totally understand her wanting to carry on as much as she can (and I'm glad she did) but sometimes wish this tour would have been handled a bit better and with more respect for her fans.  Tho she never would have avoided disappointing people. 

17 minutes ago, nodoman said:

criticize guy all you want, but this is one is more likely about her ego and determination to finish this tour. 

I was also impressed by Guy's absence in London (and Paris too, I believe). He didn't even post much during the tour. And during these difficult days you'd expect him to be there.

But remember: WE KNOW NOTHING. We don't know who is really to blame about missing anniversary releases, about the impossible tour schedule with three shows in a row, about the lottery, about the wrong stage sizes.

M could be a victim of her unprofessional team. But we also know she doesn't listen and is surrounded by to many yes men. From what she says, she is the one who decided to go on, against doctors' orders. I heard she also cares about her staff who wouldn't be paid if she stopped the tour.

Don't get me wrong, but we know nothing about the gravity of the injury. We see her using a cane outside the theatre, but then we see her doing impressing movements two hours later. Until yesterday, many reviews said you can't see her suffering. I didn't notice it in London. The pain could be too much to do a show, but not necessarily too bad to need surgery. Do I have to think she is using strong painkillers? Will she have an operation? Let's face it, we don't know.

9 hours ago, msky said:

I had a ticket for sunday’s show and I have one for tuesday. Le Parisien reports that Madonna had suffered torn ligaments in a knee. So it‘s doubtful that the tour goes on.

She mentioned torn cartilage in her last IG post when cancelling Sunday.   You have to wonder if the fact she won't stop, it's only making things worse. My fear she keeps going and something far worse happens. I know she has less than ten shows to go, but still, a body can only take so much, especially when it's not getting proper treatment and care.  I have to believe that the woman has people (professionals) who will put their foot down if she's starting to cross the line.  I have to believe that the line hasn't been crossed.  Though, it seems to be never ending with her.  Once again, I feel bad for her.  It's weird how some are thinking more about how she's ruining their concert experience by cutting parts of the show or cancelling, rather care that she's jeopardizing her health by continuing on.  Obviously, she feels that pressure to go on.  So what happens if she gets up on that stage within the next few shows, and heaven forbids something more serious happens?  I guess I'd feel awful if I was feeling like she owed me something by continuing on.  After all, it's her life at stake.  

1 hour ago, Fighter said:

She mentioned torn cartilage. Sounds painful 

So sounds like she has torn her meniscus: 

A common injury in which forceful twisting causes certain tissue in the knee to tear.

Treatable by a medical professional

Requires a medical diagnosis

Lab tests or imaging often required

Medium-term: resolves within months

A meniscus tear occurs in the rubbery knee cartilage that cushions the shinbone from the thighbone. The meniscus can tear with forceful twisting or rotation of the knee.

Pain, swelling, stiffness and difficulty extending the knee are symptoms.

Treatment includes rest, ice, pain relievers and physiotherapy. Less commonly, surgery may be required.

9 hours ago, Enrico said:

I was also impressed by Guy's absence in London (and Paris too, I believe). He didn't even post much during the tour. And during these difficult days you'd expect him to be there.

But remember: WE KNOW NOTHING. We don't know who is really to blame about missing anniversary releases, about the impossible tour schedule with three shows in a row, about the lottery, about the wrong stage sizes.

M could be a victim of her unprofessional team. But we also know she doesn't listen and is surrounded by to many yes men. From what she says, she is the one who decided to go on, against doctors' orders. I heard she also cares about her staff who wouldn't be paid if she stopped the tour.

Don't get me wrong, but we know nothing about the gravity of the injury. We see her using a cane outside the theatre, but then we see her doing impressing movements two hours later. Until yesterday, many reviews said you can't see her suffering. I didn't notice it in London. The pain could be too much to do a show, but not necessarily too bad to need surgery. Do I have to think she is using strong painkillers? Will she have an operation? Let's face it, we don't know.

I think she uses strong painkillers. I was in Paris last week. Saturday, I honestly didn't see her suffering, she did the full show. But Sunday, it was different, she seemed suffering, I saw a lot a weakness in her leg even if she danced well and the show was perfect 

10 hours ago, Enrico said:

Im sorry but i find anniversary editions sad. Maybe more simply Madonna does too? Lol

20 hours ago, Krystof said:

I was there 2 rows behind bowling - he was spot on with this - there was obvious concern for her at many points - more lifting and assistance than I’ve seen in any of the previous 6 shows over Lisbon and london

she was in a black bad mood from the start and in very obvious pain and limited movements compared to when I saw her 12th Feb - was heartbreaking and I think this is some of the reason the audience weren’t great - I was row 3 but would agree probably at least until row 5-6 everyone could see the pain and struggle she went through and it was uncomfortable

i have 2 shows Tuesday & Wednesday - she needs to rest and probably cancel more of the shows because this is completely different to the pain people saw in Lisbon (and I had 2 of my Lisbon shows cancelled last minute so can see the difference)

I think the fall on Wednesday During vogue has made her injury much worse...

My god im so glad i wasn't there that night it sounds awful 

I just don't understand why she hasn't simply postponed all the tour since the beginning..a knee injury is some serious stuff.

Last night I watched what I believe is a fan-edited video of her Pride performance on youtube...before the injury...she was a totally different level (even compared to last wed, where everything went smoothly...u could sense she's not 100%)

Actually my friends who aren't hardcore fans told me she looked tired and moved like an elderly woman, with her back a bit curved. I didn't agree and explained to them she had an injury and was in pain. I mean, footballers stay in bed with a knee injury!

I know she's a hard ball and all, but enough is enough. Also she should have thought of all people travelling to see her and finally seeing the show got cancelled. I myself I met a lot of them last night. This costs money for god's sake! 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic