Madame X Tour | Paris

notbizzre

Guy is too busy expanding his own brand maverick. He’s making his own dreams come true. He’s getting to the coin. He had this big party last month with the all these celebrities. Everybody was posting his pictures on their ig page. Diddy, Oprah, naomi, everybody. 

Y’all need to stop blaming guy for everything. He’s a smart business man. All these a-listers love him and make millions because of him so that means he’s a beast in the business. That means he’s good, really good. 

We all know madonna gets her ways all the time. She is not going to listen to no manager. It was always that way. It was madonna that said: ‘i am going to do a theatre tour’ and guy probably said: ‘don’t do it’ and madonna responded: ‘who asked you?’. Stop blaming guy! 

Guy just doesn’t have time for madonna. I mean let’s be real. If you had the chance to be just like guy, would you go support madonna and be by her side 24/7 with this madame x era? Or would you work on expanding your brand, your label and work with other artists, projects and get to the coin? Imma pass on project madame x. Im making my own dreams come true. Im getting to the coin. Seasoning the purse. It’s not personal, it’s business. And she’s not going to fire guy. She’s making millions because of him. He’s good. Period!

All these bad choices were madonna’s choices. The people she works with, her team, they are really good when it comes to other artists. They’re the best. But with madonna the outcome is bad. That means the person really to blame is: MADONNA. She wants it her way and she doesn’t accept ‘no’ for an answer from nobody. keep it 100

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

Guy is too busy expanding his own brand maverick. He’s making his own dreams come true. He’s getting to the coin. He had this big party last month with the all these celebrities. Everybody was posting his pictures on their ig page. Diddy, Oprah, naomi, everybody. 

Y’all need to stop blaming guy for everything. He’s a smart business man. All these a-listers love him and make millions because of him so that means he’s a beast in the business. That means he’s good, really good. 

We all know madonna gets her ways all the time. She is not going to listen to no manager. It was always that way. It was madonna that said: ‘i am going to do a theatre tour’ and guy probably said: ‘don’t do it’ and madonna responded: ‘who asked you?’. Stop blaming guy! 

Guy just doesn’t have time for madonna. I mean let’s be real. If you had the chance to be just like guy, would you go support madonna and be by her side 24/7 with this madame x era? Or would you work on expanding your brand, your label and work with other artists, projects and get to the coin? Imma pass on project madame x. Im making my own dreams come true. Im getting to the coin. Seasoning the purse. It’s not personal, it’s business. And she’s not going to fire guy. She’s making millions because of him. He’s good. Period!

All these bad choices were madonna’s choices. The people she works with, her team, they are really good when it comes to other artists. They’re the best. But with madonna the outcome is bad. That means the person really to blame is: MADONNA. She wants it her way and she doesn’t accept ‘no’ for an answer from nobody. keep it 100

How much is he paying you lol

Don't know why you guys always critisize Guy, tour or album sales

If M hasn't been at the top of her game charts-wise in the past decade it was only due to 2 things:

-ageism (fact)

-lack of a powerful single (sorry that's a fact too)

She still is an amazing artist with a legendary legacy and who cares about popularity after 4 decades of career? Guy isn't the reason behind every failure. The business is tough. She is a survivor, a warrior! 

To me the decision to keep on with the tour was hers and hers only! No one could have forced MADONNA to continue the tour on an injury, come on!

13 minutes ago, notbizzre said:

If M hasn't been at the top of her game charts-wise in the past decade it was only due to 2 things:

-ageism (fact)

She still is an amazing artist with a legendary legacy and who cares about popularity after 4 decades of career? Guy isn't the reason behind every failure. The business is tough. She is a survivor, a warrior! 

To me the decision to keep on with the tour was hers and hers only! No one could have forced MADONNA to continue the tour on an injury, come on!

I think she would be doing better in the charts if she embraced her back catalog more, she should have performed more madame x songs on tv shows along with a classic but it's her pure stubbornness that has prevented this era to be more commercial anyway this is another debate. Hopefully she rests up now but I do have a feeling there will be a lot more cancellations I think the 3rd will go ahead she's rested and the last night but the 4 before the end could be in jeopardy  again this is just my own humble opinion 

3 hours ago, broujeorbit said:

He might be able to make money, but as we are talking about music and art, and not a bank, I think it's obvious that we also judge his ability to promote his client and help her to make the right choices. It looks like he's not able to deal with Madonna's stubborness, while he should.

And some choices they made (together?) to make money - gyms, clothing, perfumes - were not always succeful and were really embarassing for her image. Let's face it, she promoted MDNA line more than Madame X album. This imo is much sadder than doing a greatest hits tour or capitalizing on your legacy.

i ve been reading 20 pages and all i see are the words mistakes and cancel the tour and she should ve done this, that.

How are you defining a mistake to be honest? Compared to what, imaginary concepts you thought would work?

Just chill guys, i really dont get u sometimes. She does what she does, whoever likes it, support and also sorry for those who got cancelled last minute.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 hours ago, madonnagreece said:

i ve been reading 20 pages and all i see are the words mistakes and cancel the tour and she should ve done this, that.

How are you defining a mistake to be honest? Compared to what, imaginary concepts you thought would work?

Just chill guys, i really dont get u sometimes. She does what she does, whoever likes it, support and also sorry for those who got cancelled last minute.

I’ll always support her and what she does, and I admire her resilience so much. But, it is a forum, so people come on to share different thoughts and opinions, and it is completely understandable why some think she should cancel the remainder of the tour.

5 hours ago, notbizzre said:

-ageism (fact)

Definitely yes.

Many old singers have more sales or success than Madonna now a days and there's the taboo subject before ageism is the refusal to look "old". Struggle against the real enemy called wrinkles. Too much aesthetic surgery. Eyes that flange now... People at work always says she's  just ridiculous.

People saying Guy O isn't to blame when he's her manager. 

Who should we blame for the failed perfumes, gyms, material girls stuff?

How's mdna skin doing? we literally haven't heard about it since it started to be sold. remember those cheap adds she did for such expensive and premium products?

Of course Madonna is also to be blamed but then i stop to think...and it's been almost 4 decades. It's okay if she doesn't do well anymore. I'm just sad that she couldn't do well into her 50's and now 60's. 

I'm just at that stage where i'm happy with whatever i get honestly. The album was still good and the tour as well. It's everything else (literally) that's going wrong. 

No matter what, i'm curious to see what's next for her. I mean...movies aren't taking off, touring...will probably not happen for 4 years (at best) which would put Madonna at around 65 years old. Like it or not, this tour might be the last one where Madonna is actually doing some choreo and people need to be able to deal with it. You can take care of your body all you want..but aging does happen.

I really think next tour is a greatest hits one and more like a concert with a decent band and her vocals on full display. If there's one thing Madonna is showing with this tour is her choreography work is slowing down but she's finally giving her voice the attention she needs. And i really can't imagine Madonna in front of a huge crew of dancers just standing still, can you?

Edited by Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

lol yep and hence why she can do back to back shows, and be touring for 2 years almost lol. I think it's fine, I love Cher, I saw her Here We Go Again tour, and it was amazing! 

I haven’t seen her in person but judging from videos on YouTube she still seems to put on a pretty great show. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
28 minutes ago, Jackie said:

She sure does, and to think she is 72 is amazing! Sure she doesn't do wild dancing, but I am not expecting someone at 72 to do wild dancing!

I’m not expecting someone at 61 to do wild dancing either. 
:03:

6 hours ago, Fighter said:

Anyway while i agree with what's being said, I think this isn't the thread and we just need to relax and not criticize her too much right now. Not kick her while she's down lol. After the tour is over we can talk all day about everything that went wrong... for now I hope she can perform the rest of the shows without any more problems and hopefully with not so much pain, and then a lot of rest and clearing her head and getting healthy. :flower::party:And about cancellations I hope fans can be understanding and not take it out on her too much that she had to cancel due to injury, even if it's on the same day. I know it sucks though, but once it's done there's nothing that can change it. I wouldn't be mad if my show got cancelled over injury especially knowing beforehand that it might happen at any moment. So yeah!!!! that's it.

I agree. Part of me feels she should just cancel the rest of the shows. She could end up doing some permanent damage that she can't recover from. I know she must have good medical advice, but is she ignoring it because she feels she is a super woman? 

The older you get the harder it is to bounce back. She spent four years between tours not dancing and training, this would have had an impact and probably caused the injury. As you get older, especially for dancers, you need to be doing it (even just training) regularly, you can't take years off and then just jump back on stage.

Now she is performing on that injury. It just can't be good for her. I do feel bad for those whose shows get cancelled, but she is seriously playing a dangerous game with her health and I don't think it is worth it. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’m not expecting someone at 61 to do wild dancing either. 
:03:

I don't about you guys but in my life i know many women being in their 60's and sometimes even older and being on top form and being able to dance like crazy ! 60 is really now THAT old especially nowadays.

4 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

People saying Guy O isn't to blame when he's her manager. 

Who should we blame for the failed perfumes, gyms, material girls stuff?

How's mdna skin doing? we literally haven't heard about it since it started to be sold. remember those cheap adds she did for such expensive and premium products?

Of course Madonna is also to be blamed but then i stop to think...and it's been almost 4 decades. It's okay if she doesn't do well anymore. I'm just sad that she couldn't do well into her 50's and now 60's. 

I'm just at that stage where i'm happy with whatever i get honestly. The album was still good and the tour as well. It's everything else (literally) that's going wrong. 

No matter what, i'm curious to see what's next for her. I mean...movies aren't taking off, touring...will probably not happen for 4 years (at best) which would put Madonna at around 65 years old. Like it or not, this tour might be the last one where Madonna is actually doing some choreo and people need to be able to deal with it. You can take care of your body all you want..but aging does happen.

I really think next tour is a greatest hits one and more like a concert with a decent band and her vocals on full display. If there's one thing Madonna is showing with this tour is her choreography work is slowing down but she's finally giving her voice the attention she needs. And i really can't imagine Madonna in front of a huge crew of dancers just standing still, can you?

But who do you know that thinks of Madonna and immediately thinks of these business adventure failures?  Only us die hard fans really know of these.  And some of them haven't failed as much as you think. I could be wrong, but I believe the Material Girl line is still doing somewhat well.  Also, the MDNA line is doing quite well for her.  But that's besides the point. You can't expect every venture will do well.  He has done a lot of good for her than bad, but it seems some people only go on and on about the failures, much like the press/media brings up her age in every article they write, when it really has nothing to do with anything or bring up old (family/celebrity) feuds with every new story.  

As far back as I recall, she's always given her managers a lot of shit.  She defied Freddy Demann many times.  He even stated there were times he really thought she was going to tank her career, when she didn't.  The very first VMA's performance, he and many people in the industry thought she was toast after she performed. It only catapulted her to stardom.  Also, there is Nile Rogers and her record company, who she fought tooth and nail for Like a Virgin to be the lead single, when he and many thought Material Girl should have. 

The point is; Madonna is her own manager. She doesn't listen to her managers for the most part.  She does what she wants.  She's been lucky because for much of her career, she's made the right decisions.  Though, you can't expect she and her managers to continue to make every venture a success.  Do I think it's perfect? No!  Sure, I agree there are plenty of things she can do to help her music career, but I feel that's a lot more her doing than Guy Oseary. He's been with Madonna for nearly most of her career.  Madonna certainly wouldn't have kept him around this long if he was really steering her wrong. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic