Madame X Tour | Paris

notbizzre

Guest Nobody Knows Me
13 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I don't about you guys but in my life i know many women being in their 60's and sometimes even older and being on top form and being able to dance like crazy ! 60 is really now THAT old especially nowadays.

Well, I think it’s getting to be a little much for her now, and it is a lot for a 61 year old to be doing wild dancing for 80+ dates on a world tour. I think she should tone down the dancing in the future, for her own sake. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a huge fan of Cher or Kylie, although I know a good mixture of their songs. However, I do know a lot of people who go to see them when they come, because they know they are going to get a good mix of their songs but I think more importantly is because of their affordable ticket prices. I have had loads of friends over the years I've asked to go see Madonna with me and majority would love to but £150+ on Ticketmaster plus they know she tends not to sing a huge amount of back catalogue songs put them off, but mainly the prices.

I don't really care if Madonna dances constantly through a show, I don't think I've ever came away from a show thinking about that. It's more like things like Heartbreak City mix, deeper and deeper and Who's that girl. All the songs I never ever thought I'd see her sing live.

It really saddens me that people think she is now some cripple with a glorious past! To some extent, it's her fault: she shouldn't have done the tour on a knee injury because she somehow comes across as weak on stage (her movements are limited and lack the energy that we know..)

But please do look at the Pride performance! It was made just before the tour. She looks and dances incredibly then!

It's the knee, not the age!°°°°

Guest Sonny

Question: does someone here know how to contact ticketmaster France by telephone? I just found an online request for the refund but I would like to call them because of a problem. Or can I call my German Ticketmaster Hotline? 

17 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Question: does someone here know how to contact ticketmaster France by telephone? I just found an online request for the refund but I would like to call them because of a problem. Or can I call my German Ticketmaster Hotline? 

i think their number is +33149975191, don't know what the call rates are though

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

Are you really saying she looks WEAK and without energy on stage?

When have you seen the show?

Forgive me, I totally disagree. Everybody knows I am a very critical fan, especially for her musical choices. You can criticize many things, you can even say she has a big ass, but you can't say her movements are limited. Of course you can't expect  Blond Ambition at 60. But her stage presence is as strong as ever.

b9063ca98d579d6c12f3944a5c21788169309540

I saw her last Wednesday and she looked fragile to me. She wasn’t dancing as much as what I’ve seen in clips. The show was still amazing!

I love her and will always support her, but I think SHE SHOULD HAVE CANCELLED right after Miami!

She should have taken a year off to heal COMPLETELY, and then resume the tour.

The 'resumed tour' could have different/ new songs on the setlist to spice it up. Kylie did it on her Showgirl Tour and worked well for her.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I saw her last Wednesday and she looked fragile to me. She wasn’t dancing as much as what I’ve seen in clips. The show was still amazing!

But we can't compare Paris Madonna with the beginning of the tour when her injury was just starting to bother her.

Of course she's more limited and fragile now.

On 3/1/2020 at 5:27 PM, Sonny said:

Oh please could people here stop defending her. It's not that she's having those injuries for a few days now. She's canceled shows, modified the setlist, and still she manages to cancel the show a few hours before it started. seriously she should have canceled everything the first time she got injured and fans would have been disappointed yes, but at least could have saved a lot of money and she could have had her rest. Traveling to another country, especially here in Europe with all that is going on because of the virus, riots in Paris, it is DISRESPECTFUL. 

Damn right. Though maybe she just wants to play the martyr... sadly, its at the expense of her fans. 

4 hours ago, Enrico said:

Are you really saying she looks WEAK and without energy on stage?

When have you seen the show?

Forgive me, I totally disagree. Everybody knows I am a very critical fan, especially for her musical choices. You can criticize many things, you can even say she has a big ass, but you can't say her movements are limited. Of course you can't expect  Blond Ambition at 60. But her stage presence is as strong as ever.

b9063ca98d579d6c12f3944a5c21788169309540

Yes, I'm saying she's physically weak. She still has a great stage presence - like I think I said in my concert review but  - to me, because of the INJURY - she appears much less powerful physically. 

Now we know that her dancing has been shrunk to little or nothing (The only real dancing routine she has is in the Cape Verde section, some kind of Tango, and Batuka - where she's married to the tune) -  probably because of age - this is NOT a problem!

It costs me a lot to say it but yes, because of her INJURY, her dancing is WEAK. Even when seeing her getting up and down the piano one thinks "ok now she'll fall"

No one - i'm sure - would ever think that back at the RH Tour. 

1 hour ago, notbizzre said:

It costs me a lot to say it but yes, because of her INJURY, her dancing is WEAK. Even when seeing her getting up and down the piano one thinks "ok now she'll fall!

wow...my show in Lisbon was nothing like this and she already had issues with her knee.

Is she really that much worse?

12 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

wow...my show in Lisbon was nothing like this and she already had issues with her knee.

Is she really that much worse?

Having been to Lisbon, london and then this last show the 29th Feb - like a different person, I hope she honestly feels better to be performing this evening 

30 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

Same here... also her mood was not the best mood on the last show in Paris...

You are right her mood didn’t help, but that aside she was like a different person compared even to London - just seen the video above of her arriving, I know her hood was up but her movements were better than expected compared to other videos I’ve seen of her arriving before 

I saw the 5th and 6th in London and the 23rd in Paris...   I was lucky,  i thought the show was amazing and I couldn't really tell the difference with her fitness wise (in all cases her voice was on fire!)  ..    She seemed on form and was enjoying the shows,   forgetting the fact that she appeared to be having a hard time walking into and out of the venues.    All i can assume is that fall on the 4th Paris show made things much worse,  after cancelling select shows at the beginning of London leg and Paris leg it seemed she was able to manage with the 2 nights at a time thing.

Let me also say,   I feel very very lucky to have seen the show 3 times and feel for everyone that was effected by cancellations.   I do feel things could have been communicated to fans more effectively :(

6 hours ago, bedtimestory said:

I love her and will always support her, but I think SHE SHOULD HAVE CANCELLED right after Miami!

She should have taken a year off to heal COMPLETELY, and then resume the tour.

The 'resumed tour' could have different/ new songs on the setlist to spice it up. Kylie did it on her Showgirl Tour and worked well for her.

Are you her doctor?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
9 minutes ago, Krystof said:

Full show she was smiling and in a great mood

like night and day compared to Saturday - one of the best Madame x shows so far out of the 8 I’ve seen

Good to hear she was smiling. Hopefully things will go according to plan for the final few dates. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic