Madame X Tour | Paris

notbizzre

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MarXus said:

I can't believe people are still questioning her injury?  So silly!  She's been clear.  And the injury doesn't come and go. It's there.  She probably has been advised long ago to stop the tour.  But knees and hip injuries can be very painful and some days worse than others. 

Anyway, I'm sorry for those who show was cancelled.  I'm sure she feels bad for cancelling, but she's got to do what she's got to do.

Yes, but the last minute cancellations are weird... or at least disrespectful for the fans... I guess that when you have an injury, you can understand your body after a few hours of being awake. I knew about last Sunday cancellation when I arrived to Le Grand Rex trying to find the person in charge of the Backstage Tour...

I know she is trying to do her best, but she is clearly not thinking on her fans.

Not to mention that after one week Ticketmaster has not replied my €1300 refund request... ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Sorry, she's not cancelling because of a "mood".  That's not Madonna.  She is in serious pain. I don't know why you're trying to make things up that aren't even true.  This is the first tour she's ever cancelled so much. It's not like she has a habit of cancelling her shows.  Her injuries are obviously serious, but she's taking it day by day until the tour is over.  It's probably not something her doctors advise but she's being stubborn. 

2 minutes ago, o_g_c_x said:

Well I was told that it was more simple as that.

There are days she is not in the mood to do the show. And she cancels. 

17 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

Yes, but the last minute cancellations are weird... or at least disrespectful for the fans... I guess that when you have an injury, you can understand your body after a few hours of being awake. I knew about last Sunday cancellation when I arrived to Le Grand Rex trying to find the person in charge of the Backstage Tour...

I know she is trying to do her best, but she is clearly not thinking on her fans.

Not to mention that after one week Ticketmaster has not replied my €1300 refund request... ??‍♂️??‍♂️

She made it clear she's finishing the tour, so yes, that means it's possible she's decided that day to cancel.  Let's not pretend we know exact times she decides to cancel.  Most of the time the shows cancelled on the same day has been many hours before the show takes place. She's not being disrespectful.  She's made it very clear she's been taking it day to day. 

I understand that fans are disappointed, and they should be, but this idea that some are thinking she's trying to purposely disrespect fans is silly. She could have easily cancelled the tour months ago, and that would have cause even more of an uproar from fans.  She doesn't win whatever she does.

It's just weird to see some question her intentions rather just offer their sympathy in getting better.  Most nights she's been taking the stage in pain, jeopardizing her health even more.  That must show for something, when it comes to being "respectful" to fans.

As for the ticketmaster issue, that's not Madonna's fault. That's clearly an issue with Ticketmaster that needs to be resolved.

15 minutes ago, o_g_c_x said:

Well I was told that it was more simple as that.

There are days she is not in the mood to do the show. And she cancels. 

You were told by whom?

A random gay sitting next to you claiming to be an insider?

A guy at my show claimed a “good friend” presumably Guy O’seary was the one who leaked the Rebel Heart demos. I mean get real. These fans don’t know anything.

8 minutes ago, MarXus said:

She made it clear she's finishing the tour, so yes, that means it's possible she's decided that day to cancel.  Let's not pretend we know exact times she decides to cancel.  Most of the time the shows cancelled on the same day has been many hours before the show takes place. She's not being disrespectful.  She's made it very clear she's been taking it day to day. 

I understand that fans are disappointed, and they should be, but this idea that some are thinking she's trying to purposely slight fans is silly. She could have easily cancelled the tour months ago, and that would have cause even more of an uproar from fans.  She doesn't win whatever she does.

It's just weird to see some question her intentions rather just offer their sympathy in getting better.  Most nights she's been taking the stage in pain, jeopardizing her health even more.  That must show for something, when it comes to being "respectful" to fans.

I agree. I don’t agree with way they/she has handled it but I think the injuries are obviously real. I saw her legs shaking and her struggling and being helped up the stairs metres away from me. It is clearly real injuries. She admitted her doctor told her not to continue at all after Christmas but she insisted because she hates to disappoint people. Those were her words.

I do wish she had of postponed all of Europe. I really do. I got to see her but seeing all these people disappointed and angry is not good.

1 minute ago, o_g_c_x said:

I was in one of the shows in Paris and I didnt feel she was having a good time... she was in a bad mood during the show.

I felt more that she would like to say "im done with this shit"

And I think she will say it anytime soon...

Because she’s in pain!!!

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I agree. I don’t agree with way they/she has handled it but I think the injuries are obviously real. I saw her legs shaking and her struggling and being helped up the stairs metres away from me. It is clearly real injuries. She admitted her doctor told her not to continue at all after Christmas but she insisted because she hates to disappoint people. Those were her words.

Yeah, the pain is real.  I mean why would she lie about it? After all these years touring, and people are questioning if she's actually in pain?  Please!  Obviously, she's trying to remain strong.  Unfortunately, this time it's not working out in her favor.  I'm sure it doesn't help being 61 and all the wear and tear over the years.

I agree that she's not handling it in a manner that should be. She probably should have cancelled long ago.  And I say that because I'm concerned for her health. 

9 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I understand that fans are disappointed, and they should be, but this idea that some are thinking she's trying to purposely disrespect fans is silly. She could have easily cancelled the tour months ago, and that would have cause even more of an uproar from fans.  She doesn't win whatever she does.

I am only saying that it is disrespectful to cancel shows with such a short notice because fans are travelling from around the globe to attend maybe just one show.

In my case I have suffered two last minute cancellations (Lisbon & Paris). I really enjoyed the shows, but the whole cancellation has killed all the magic of travelling to see her. This time I was happy when my concerts were done.

It would have been better to stop the european leg and postpone it maybe than seeing her on a bad mood because she is in pain (like last Saturday).

I love her, don't take me wrong, but I just think she is not thinking on her fanbase, probably because she is disconnected from the real world and she thinks we are rich and we can follow her no matter what she decides about her injuries.

1 minute ago, danielsevilla said:

I am only saying that it is disrespectful to cancel shows with such a short notice because fans are travelling from around the globe to attend maybe just one show.

In my case I have suffered two last minute cancellations (Lisbon & Paris). I really enjoyed the shows, but the whole cancellation has killed all the magic of travelling to see her. This time I was happy when my concerts were done.

It would have been better to stop the european leg and postpone it maybe than seeing her on a bad mood because she is in pain (like last Saturday).

I love her, don't take me wrong, but I just think she is not thinking on her fanbase, probably because she is disconnected from the real world and she thinks we are rich and we can follow her no matter what she decides about her injuries.

Her disconnection to reality is coming from some years ago... maybe too "yes people" around her...

3 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

I understand what you're saying.  :)   But this is life!  There are no guarantees.  And at least, you've seen some shows.  You must have some money to have planned so many shows.  Some of us haven't seen even one show. 

It is disrespectful, I agree.

I think there are many other artists that would reschedule cancelled shows at expense to themselves.

Kylie Minogue cancelled shows in Dublin and went back and did them some time later. Some artists just show more gratitude to their fans than Madonna, that’s the truth.

There’s no reason why she couldn’t have rescheduled some shows in a bigger venue. I know it’s not the same but I think it would be much better.

Oh no. I'm so sorry to everyone who was going tonight and Madonna too. She must have pushed it when she did two full shows back to back. The thing is(and I'm only guessing) but it might seem like her injuries are better at times but pain meds for the show only last so long.

I can't help but think she is extremely worried on the Coronavirus too. Adding: seriously ,... if I was Madonna (and along with injuries), I would be really worried on this Virus and it's spread to everyone in any size of venue. Furthermore, if I was her, I'd cancel the rest of the shows just on this Virus alone. It's not worth putting her family, her crew, and fans at risk. 

13 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It is disrespectful, I agree.

I think there are many other artists that would reschedule cancelled shows at expense to themselves.

Kylie Minogue cancelled shows in Dublin and went back and did them some time later. Some artists just show more gratitude to their fans than Madonna, that’s the truth.

There’s no reason why she couldn’t have rescheduled some shows in a bigger venue. I know it’s not the same but I think it would be much better.

It would be nice if there was a small number of arena shows where those with cancelled dates got first dibs.

People questioning her injuries... gosh. If you've seen this show live is obvious she's damaged.

And the moments/days when she looks better or not in pain... painkillers. And we all know how dangerous those can be (Michael, Prince).

Last minute cancelled shows are sad, yeah, but this is a sad situation for everyone involved, including her. Tour will be over next week and hopefully she can rest and heal.

9 minutes ago, aprilshack said:

It would be nice if there was a small number of arena shows where those with cancelled dates got first dibs.

They shouldn’t even have to buy tickets again. I feel bad for her and the injuries but it has definitely been managed badly too. A lot of fans are angry.

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

People questioning her injuries... gosh. If you've seen this show live is obvious she's damaged.

And the moments/days when she looks better or not in pain... painkillers. And we all know how dangerous those can be (Michael, Prince).

Last minute cancelled shows are sad, yeah, but this is a sad situation for everyone involved, including her. Tour will be over next week and hopefully she can rest and heal.

I really hope there are no more cancellations and that the tour can just end and we can all move on. It’s been so stressful for so many fans and no doubt for Madonna and everyone around her.

Just now, Blue Jean said:

I really hope there are no more cancellations and that the tour can just end and we can all move on. It’s been so stressful for so many fans and no doubt for Madonna and everyone around her.

It a shame.Ive loved this era visually & the album was great. But the lottery system for the tickets, verified fan shite & the cancellations have really spoilt what could of been a great era.

Just now, Blue Jean said:

There are just 3 fucking last dates now... So not the worst effort to do that...

She should just dance a bit less, she would suffer less. The worst thing is still to cancel and yes this is weird to cancel by the end of afternoon. If she was feeling bad yesterday, if she was feeling bad this morning either, than react...

This tour is really a nightmare. I wonder how will be her next tour. It will never be the same. She was never some one who cancels and arrives that late (for RHT a bit though). Now she is...

• Enrico unfeatured this topic