Madame X Tour | Paris

notbizzre

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Come on, guys, I know I took part to the discussion but we have only three shows left.

We'll have 4 years to fight!!  :hug:

I can imagine already:

Songs removed from the dvd

Dvd cover

This used to be my playground 30th anniversary 3-disc set

Insiders knowing the song titles in advance

Mmm tour dvd...

27 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

I hope you are staying safe and doing well @Enrico :hug:

Thank you, I live in center Italy, one of the safest zones. Also, I am working at home at the moment so I am pretty safe. I wouldn't be afraid at all if it wasn't for my parents.

I had two conferences and three concerts in March, all cancelled. And I have many friends who work in theatre and music and they are without job at the moment. Schools are closed and It's very difficult to deal with all that.

I don't understand the hysteria but more than 230 persons died.

Some say that life isn't fair
I say that people just don't care
They'd rather turn the other way
And wait for this thing to go away
Why do we have to pretend
Some day I pray it will end

40 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

So glad she's putting herself first. Her ongoing injury is much more important than anyone else missing out on a few hours of entertainment. The General Public is treating her like a dancing monkey! Like she isn't a human being that has real challenges sometimes! Poor Madonna. Ridiculous that fans there would be mad right now -- They should be posting best wishes to her on Insta. And re: her Insta stories -- At least she's letting fans see some of the show! Imagine she posted nothing and we didn't even have fan vids to look at because of the phone ban.

Some fans in here are unbelievable -- The couple thousand dollars spent to go see her will be recouped eventually. Work overtime, get a better paying job, whatever it takes to make the money back; but if she were to be going through with your canceled show, she might never be able to perform again. Seriously, imagine losing this icon. You need to be more understanding to her. She's MADONNA.

She's a warrior and will push through this tour at all costs. Can't wait to see what surprises she has in store for the last evening. I hope there's a fan or two in attendance, so that we get reports back! :)

Are you serious?? Get a Better brain

sounds good??

11 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Thank you, I live in center Italy, one of the safest zones. Also, I am working at home at the moment so I am pretty safe. I wouldn't be afraid at all if it wasn't for my parents.

I had two conferences and three concerts in March, all cancelled. And I have many friends who work in theatre and music and they are without job at the moment. Schools are closed and It's very difficult to deal with all that.

My heart goes out to you and your country. Please stay well. This virus has me worried for us all.  ?

This complete and utter MESS of a tour should have ended MONTHS ago. It was clear she was not in the right physical shape to continue on and no matter how she tried to spin it; the damage was done between her and her core fan base. Stop throwing the "I hate to disappoint" BS in our faces, you're not doing us any favor by deciding last minute whether or not your majesty would perform. Regardless of who you are, the level of RESPECT is lost, the only concern she has is herself; which is fine and she should have taken proper steps to mend the injuries early on by adjusting the tour dates/cancelling in advance. Many of us worked hard to save money just to see a show, and your casual "CANCELLATION" (many times, last minute) is a slap in our face. 

Those will continues to justify this that and the other, WAKE The F**K UP. She does not care about you! She has become more and more self centered and it's sad and pathetic watching it play out over the last 10 years. Enough, Madonna.....you are NOT above anyone else. 

22 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Come on, guys, I know I took part to the discussion but we have only three shows left.

We'll have 4 years to fight!!  :hug:

I can imagine already:

Songs removed from the dvd

Dvd cover

This used to be my playground 30th anniversary 3-disc set

Insiders knowing the song titles in advance

Aldo Diaz will be doing the cover.

Sodade, the Fado intro and La Vie En Rose will be removed for "copyright issues" and licensing issues.

Rescue Me interlude will be cut. 

The live CD will have her voice over where she includes the backstage tour footage during her talking segment.

:tongue:

19 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Hopefully all will go well! Big hugs from the US here and hope you and your loved ones are safe.:heart:

15 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Aldo Diaz will be doing the cover.

Sodade, the Fado intro and La Vie En Rose will be removed for "copyright issues" and licensing issues.

Rescue Me interlude will be cut. 

The live CD will have her voice over where she includes the backstage tour footage during her talking segment.

:tongue:

I was seriously thinking that Sodade might be cut!

But we might get Mercy singing EY and credited (like David previously) for her new lyrics!

20 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I mean to say "get a better job, work overtime." Going to keep it civil out of respect for the mods and Fighter but comments like these truly are something else.

I admit that what was said was over the top!  Other than that, I agree with much of what was said in that post.  But I don't think we need to rake someone through the coals over it.  After all, Madonna is the person we should be concerned about here. 

4 minutes ago, Enrico said:

But we might get Mercy singing EY and credited (like David previously) for her new lyrics!

I think Sodade will be included on the DVD, since she had already cut it before Lisbon and then re-included it when filming. 

My only hope is we don't have to wait a year or longer for it.  I would think that the whole show may have already been put together and edited by now.  But knowing Madonna, she will definitely want to make changes, etc.  But we'll see! 

14 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I admit that what was said was over the top!  Other than that, I agree with much of what was said in that post.  But I don't think we need to rake someone through the coals over it.  After all, Madonna is the person we should be concerned about here. 

Well perhaps they shouldn't be so condescending to people and acting like their hard earned money is something so minuscule and didn't take effort to obtain, plan or save up? Cancellations and rescheduling can happen to any tour or artist. Madonna chose to go forward and not let us down but it's also quite concerning to go against licensed professionals advising her not to for her own benefit. Nobody wants to see her be crippled, further injured or having to undergo surgeries because of it. Her health and concern is always a priority to fans and we have never said otherwise. The poster was wrong to make a comment like that to disappointed fans who have the right to voice it but I quite frankly don't believe in the conspiracy theories others have thrown (low sales, etc)

The only portion I agree with is losing her would be devastating and she should be appreciated. However, there does need to be some sort of communication and transparency to allow those the show will be cancelled ahead of time (the morning of) rather than entering the arena and finding out she's not coming on. It's a shame her idea of this tour was plagued by so many issues beyond her control and we can commend her for giving it to us to her utmost level but there are issues her team can alleviate that doesn't make it a fan gripe. We all want to see her and experience her vision but not at the risk of her health or worsening her injury. The money comment was completely dismissive and rude.

14 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I was joking about Sodade but it will definitely be there especially if "Live from Lisbon" is location advertised for it. If not, I could see it being a bonus if it turns out to be another compilation recording like MDNAT and RHT.

1 minute ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Well perhaps they shouldn't be so condescending to people and acting like their hard earned money is something so minuscule and didn't take effort to obtain, plan or save up? Cancellations and rescheduling can happen to any tour or artist. Madonna chose to go forward and not let us down but it's also quite concerning to go against licensed professionals advising her not to for her own benefit. Nobody wants to see her be crippled, further injured or having to undergo surgeries because of it. Her health and concern is always a priority to fans and we have never said otherwise. The poster was wrong to make a comment like that to disappointed fans who have the right to voice it but I quite frankly don't believe in the conspiracy theories others have thrown (low sales, etc)

Totally agree. But as you know we all are passionate about Madonna, so I hope whatever happens with the last few shows, it will happen without a hitch or be cancelled in a timely fashion.  I don't believe for one second she's trying to be inconsiderate and upset people.  I rather her cancel even if it's hours before than go on, if she feels like she's going to jeopardize her health. I think we both have agreed, she probably should have cancelled the tour, some time ago already.

Just now, MarXus said:

Totally agree. But as you know we all are passionate about Madonna, so I hope whatever happens with the last few shows, it will happen without a hitch or be cancelled in a timely fashion.  I don't believe for one second she's trying to be inconsiderate and upset people.  I rather her cancel even if it's hours before than go on, if she feels like she's going to jeopardize her health. I think we both have agreed, she probably should have cancelled the tour, some time ago already.

Yes, for sure. I am amazed she made it this far and after the tour ends, she can get the necessary treatment and remedies to help the injury so her next tour or performances will not follow the same misfortune.

Just now, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Yes, for sure. I am amazed she made it this far and after the tour ends, she can get the necessary treatment and remedies to help the injury so her next tour or performances will not follow the same misfortune.

I just hope she hasn't done too much damage by forcing herself to go on.  She may not be able to perform in such capacity ever again as her injuries might not be as easy to fix.  Also, I do recall her stating in the past that she usually avoids drugs especially if they can be addicting. I have to wonder how much pain medicine (if any) she is really taking?  That may be one reason why she could be in more pain.

3 hours ago, Enrico said:

This was really unexpected, I thought the last 4 dates were safe after the last two full performances.

1. I believe her injury is real and bad, but I'd love someone with medical knowledge to explain if the pain comes and goes like this, if to do such a performance she gets strong painkillers that she can't use everyday.

2. I honestly don't like her way of "healing" and "resting". Holiday on an island, party, dinner and theatre evening this week. I know many people who are performers and when they are on tour they don't do anything. It's tiring to go out, you rest with slippers and a pajama. She will have 4 years to do other things.

3. It's unbelievable they haven't yet learned how to avoid lastminute cancellation. But they don't care and keep on posting Stories on her IG. After all someone here described how they asked to move their seats cause they had restricted view and when I sent them an email about this they made me feel like I was crazy. They just make money. They open the pop up store and they make money.

also believed after this week she would push through unless it was something out of her control - and maybe we will hear more in the coming days - the Instagram Account still posting pics from the show 2 hours ago is beyond ignorant to the feelings of the fans though - I’m sure someone on her team must read the boards across some of the fan sites - when is it going to get through to her team that last minute cancellations really upset fans and the last thing they want to see at this precise moment is amazing photos from a show they will now likely not be able to see..

I agree on most of your points, though except how she chooses to spend her downtime and recovery time is her choice and some of it speculation - we see snippets of her life here and there, behind closed doors I’m sure she is in a lot of physical therapy, muscle conditioning, rest etc too 

she can’t be expected to lock herself in a room until the next day as a way of recovery - you need mental stimulation when you are facing any hard recovery process - I know when I broke bones across the top of my feet 3 years ago that walking far wasn’t possible, painful and ultimately resting was the best policy - but the mind begins to suffer without external stimulation etc.. She has already mentioned the struggle and impact this has had on her mental health last week I believe

Equally having a young flexible hot new Bf (with I assume lots of sex) probably hasnt exactly helped Physically even if it’s done wonders for her emotional state and she seems so happy with him - and had she ditched the heels the moment she started to have problems I’m sure the whole tour would have been a different experience

btw was me about the restricted view seats, I didn’t ask to be moved, I flat out told the ladies that were dealing with the seats (politely) that the view was unacceptable and I couldn’t stay in the seats - that the tickets had been bought in good faith as soon as on sale in June 2019 and Madonna cutting off the view with her curtains meant that they needed to find me alternative seats

every theatre and venue has a block of house seats for such occasions and they are generally well aware of which seats and sections they get complaints from

lisbon the coliseum our first show was meant to be amazing view box seats half way back - except that the 1 upper level box we were in had a massive supporting pillar next to it and meant out of all 20 or so boxes on that level ours and the one opposite were restricted view to the point of being no view - but not stated when bought or on the tickets

we were moved there but was a little more stressful at the time

Paris certainly on the 4th there were a lot of people moved to the seats around us for viewing issues - I get that the stage didn’t fit etc and was a challenge, but that shouldn’t mean paying top price for virtually no view And I’m sorry you experienced that

trouble is it’s not always common knowledge that the venue has spare seats for this purpose (most LONDON theatres even on a full night hold back 6-8 amazing seats specifically as house seats for this purpose and last minute vip customers) depends on who you get to speak to on the night, levels of politeness and firmness, language barriers, staffs moods and ultimately how early you are at the show, for sure all the house seats were allocated an hour before she came on so it can be luck - but if your seats have a genuine issue with the view you should always complain and if the person who showed you to your seat can’t help speak with their supervisor, escalate calmly and politely and stick to your guns that you paid a certain amount of money for a certain experience and you expect that

i know in Lisbon if my other half wasn’t Brazilian, had  lived in Lisbon for 7 years before he moved to london 6 years ago and was fluent in Portuguese it would have been very difficult - and I don’t think ultimately we would have been moved

Honestly in Paris it was very stressful after we saw that the seats were blocked by the curtains on Saturday 29th and subsequently the 3rd and 4th were nerve wracking until resolved 

I hope for her sake she really is looking after herself now there has been another cancellation and For the fans sake she needs to make sure the remaining 3 dates she makes some concrete decisions on sooner rather than later 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic